1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Which two players?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by Old Timer in Cyprus, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Assuming all still fit from last Sat, which two players would you drop from matchday 18 to accomodate the return of Zakuani & Wilkinson?

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Byrne - not giving much ! Probably only in the team for the odd throw-in. Too much of a luxury. Wilkinson will probably be on the bench - and swapped with Eaves at some stage in the game.
    There is much doom and gloom in other forums - I'm not sure if it's justified. I don't think we'll do much - but we appear to be set up better and fitter than last season ( not difficult ). We haven't played too badly. We worked hard for a good point at Doncaster. Against Bradford we didn't have the best referee - could have got a point. Against MK Dons there was little between the teams - and if it wasn't for a poor penalty ( I haven't said it was deliberately missed ! ), we could easily have had a point. The Southend game was going well - before they scored - the result was probably fair --- unlike the result on Saturday v Shrewsbury. We were battering them for almost 30 minutes - then 2 breakaway goals ! - we took too long in the second half to try to rescue the game - and might have done ( and more ) with clinical finishing.............. so - it's not great - but I think there are enough signs to suggest that we shouldn't be flirting with relegation in April next year.

3. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Bryne been one of our best players

4. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Put it another way then. A striker and a defender coming back, should the same drop out of 18...say Cundle & Ehmer?