1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Which Famous people have you met

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hbk4894, Jul 19, 2011.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

If I'd have met him I'd have punched him in the face for doing the dirty on Les Dennis.

2. Shameless

Shameless Well hung member

<ok>

3. rogueleader

rogueleader suave gringo

Ive met lots of "famous " people from the americana music scene ( green on red , the long ryders, the jayhawks , drive-by-truckers etc )..so maybe not really famous ; the most famous person Ive met was billy connelly , the most disturbing was john leslie.

4. OSP

OSP Member

Oh aye, met Mike Tyson in my shop a good few years back when he came to Scotland. His security wanted us to shut the shop for him, we said no chance, he told his security lot to **** off outside, and came in the shop no bother, chatted to all the kids that were coming up to him no probs. Seemed an actual alright guy as well, which was a surprise.

Oh, and I met Sir Bobby Charlton too. Was an absolute gent. Met a few other names in footie same night, Dick Advocaat, Jan Wouters, Alex Miller, Johan Neeskens, Eric Gerets to name a few.

Oh, and for the scottish here, ive met the guys from Still Game/Chewin the Fat a few times, and they are ****in hilarious in real life too!

5. PointyBirds

PointyBirds Member

Glen Michael came to a school I had a placement in once. He looked like a broken man; grey and confused. Handing out ratty teddies and cheap trinkets.
    None of the children knew who he was. They were just puzzled as to why this old man had come to their school. I shook his hand afterwards but I could see that he had died behind his eyes.

6. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

<laugh>

7. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Andy Goram, Mark Hately, Peter Beardsley, Steve Ogrizovic and Screech from Saved By the Bell. ZOIKS!

8. Shearer Cort Given Dyer Speed

I have just got back from 2 weeks in Sharm El Sheikh and met former Portsmouth goal keeper Alan Knight MBE. As good as it gets for me.

Also met Colin Jackson, Denise Lewis and Mark Foster (swimmer)

9. Denny Kalglish

I was in a fight when I was 7 and Bobby Charlton broke us up (he was coaching some lads football nearby) - I remember looking up at him and thinking " I know you from somewhere I hope you're not one of my dads mates!"

Was in the lift with Ronaldo at the Hilton in Deansgate - and although it pains me to say it as a LFC fan he actually seemed like a nice guy!

He's still a manc bell end tho!!:emoticon-0110-tongu

10. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bumped into David Trimble once - he was clearly on his way to the house of Commons, was in a mad rush and sent me flying. Was very apologetic about it. Also very nearly got run over by a cyclist in Central london the other week -it was Boris Johnson so i'm in the process of suing him.........

11. Calatron

Calatron Active Member

Went to Vegas this year and met as well as got photo's with:
    Floyd Mayweather, Carl Froch, Sergio Martinez, Dan Rafael, Andre Ward, also a while back whilst on a night out in Blackpool got invited back to a party by none other than that mole faced lad from Emmerdale and Michelle Keegan from Corrie I was drooling, turns out they both go out in Blackpool often.

12. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

I've seen loads of famous-ish people, for example most of the Coronation Street cast (that little **** Tyrone/Alan Halsall was in the year below me at school) including some of the fit ones eg Debra Stephenson, Samia Ghadie and Alison King. The bloke who used to play Terry Duckworth was at Salford Uni at the same time as me, if anyone can remember him. Nicky Butt, Mikael Silvestre, Phil Neville, Wes Brown, Dimitar Berbatov, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kevin Davies, Marcus Bent, Fernando Hierro all out and about in Manchester. Kenny Dalglish going to a game at Burnden Park before it was pulled down. Christopher Eccleston and Maxine Peak respectively running and cycling in Salford. Kerry Katona in the Trafford Centre. Shaun Ryder in my then local.

But as for actually meeting/talking to them, there was that little scally that was on Shameless and Hell's Kitchen Jody Latham and European Cup and Premier League title winner Mr David May.

13. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

The Dalai Llama

14. Jip Jaap Stam

Staff Member

Is that a religious sheep/camel crossbreed?

15. I met Barrymore while I was out swimming, once.

16. Robby202

Robby202 Well-Known Member

I was introduced to the queen three years back at the July garden party by the lord chancellor.

17. RAVENBLACK

RAVENBLACK Well-Known Member

I bumped into John Lennon in London in 1982.

He was looking dreadful.

18. Jip Jaap Stam

Staff Member

I heard you were pretty tight with Oscar Wilde back in the day <ok>

19. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

Don't you mean you tried to sell all of them a Big Issue ?

20. Bollocks

Bollocks Member

David May is funny as ****, had the pleasure of his company in the Barton Arms a few times and he is a top lad.