1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Which bill

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Commachio, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Worst thieves are definitely the tech companies btw; there doesn’t seem to be any regulation at all, these ****s are constantly lifting small fees out of my bank account, often for **** I don’t understand and don’t recall signing up to.

Edelman likes this.
  2. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

Just scrap all taxes rather than allow the feckless to cherry pick the ones they don't like. <whistle>

The Ginger Marks and PINKIE like this.
  3. Archers Road

And not have any police, roads, schools, hospitals, streetlights, armed forces etc?

4. The Ginger Marks

Apart from roads all the others have diminished in number.

5. Archers Road

Indeed they have. You'll find that happens every time we get a Tory government.

6. The Ginger Marks

Don’t think you can apportion blame to any particular ideology as they’re all ****wits.

7. Archers Road

Maybe. But in my book the Tories stand head and shoulders above all others, for deliberate utter ****ishness.

8. The Ginger Marks

Won’t argue with that.

PINKIE and Archers Road like this.
  9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

About a third of our water is lost due to the ancient infrastructure i.e. broken pipes.

So as a result they inflict hose pipe bans on us when there’s a couple of weeks of sun, whilst simultaneously trousering a very healthy profit for their shareholders, and don’t invest the necessary resources into solving the problem.

Tory ideology in a nutshell.

Treble, PINKIE and Archers Road like this.
  10. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Something as essential to all human and animal life should not be in the hands of a profit making entity. Apart from anything else, how can you possibly fail to make money from something that everybody needs to maintain life itself and can’t buy anywhere else?

I’m all for the so called ‘capitalism with a human face’, it’s what drives most successful economies, but some things need to be kept out of it’s hands.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The argument for privatisation was that large public bodies were cumbersome and inefficient and that handing them over to private ownership would drive up standards and efficiency. And we've seen the exact opposite happen.

Of course the real reason for flogging them off was to make certain people rich and rid the Govt of the 'burden' of paying for public services that we already pay for via our taxes.

12. The Ginger Marks

In the Thames area where I resided Thames were owned by a German company.

Archers Road likes this.
  13. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I can understand the theory that big, monopoly Gvt entities can become fat and lazy, with little incentive to exceed, but then it’s up to central Gvt to provide those incentives.

It goes without saying that any corporation’s first thoughts will be towards their shareholders. After all, they are the ones who keep the directors in their highly paid jobs. It is naive to expect anything else.

Archers Road and PINKIE like this.
  14. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Council tax. Just gone up to nearly £300 a month and the ****s are collecting my bins less often, once every two weeks. Took them about a month to get me a new bin after some **** robbed mine. I can’t park near my house at all without getting a ticket or paying a tenner a day for meters because the ****s won’t give me a parking permit and there’s never any ****er available to chat to when I call them.

15. The Ginger Marks

At the point of me leaving Blighty my CT was 2600+ and my 3 bins were collected when they pleased. God forbid someone threw a can in the bottle bin or something more heinous like a dead body then it would sit for months on end.
    Funny thing is despite my local councils promise all our **** was on a boat destination India (greens had a field day).

16. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Similar.

When I left the UK, some 13-14 yrs ago now, my CT was over £200 pm. I lived on a private road that had to be maintained at the residents’ expense. There were no pavements, no street lights, and I didn’t use the local schools. As far as I could figure out I was paying just to have my bins emptied - and half of that ended up on the driveway.

I did call the council and suggest we cancel our ‘arrangement’ and I would take care of my own waste disposal. Surprisingly, they wouldn’t agree!

17. The Ginger Marks

Lol, I asked my silver spooned inbred about that and got a reply along the lines of our taxes help the community as a whole. My reply was I didn’t have an account in the Cayman Islands.

18. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

they still dealing with fallout from poisoning whole chunk of Cornwall years ago.

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

That camelford drinking water incident was about as bad as it gets. But as far as I know most of the costs and fines were settled a long time ago, despite post mortems still showing high levels of aluminium in people’s brains.

Most of the costs for SW water come from having coastlines on both sides, so there’s loads of sewage treatment to make sure raw sewage doesn’t go into the sea.

My water bills are ****ing astronomical.

20. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

The outrageous thing about bills is that the poorer you are the more it costs.

Electricity keys and pre paid meters cost more per unit than a quarterly bill and a quarterly bill costs more per unit than a monthly direct.

That's simply wrong imho.

And water is the one I resent paying the most.

Treble likes this.