1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where will Everton Finish?

Discussion in 'Everton' started by FryattMclean, Nov 6, 2011.

?

Where?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2011.
  1. 19th

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. 20th

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

You lot should keep making predictions like this.

2. Gerrinho

Gerrinho Member

I find it quite funny that, when I speak to EFC fan friends of mine they keep telling me that no LFC player would walk straight into their squad but there's a handful of their players that would walk into ours. Now, withthis in mind, doesn't it show how underachieving they are and what a poor manager Moyes is? Just asking as they keep on spewing out the same old nonsense to me - Not sure what you guys think?

3. Gerrinho

Gerrinho Member

I think the problem with EFC is the ground as in they don't have any corporate facilities and no option of building up. Add to this the fact that BK doens't want to relinquish total control, he only wants investment keeping him as the main shareholder. It's a dangerous position to put the club in going forward. A new ground would be the first thing new owners would need to invest in and that is a costly outlay to set off with.

I agree with the majority on this thread in that, to see them go down would be a shame as the rivallry is great (apart from a younger breed of EFC fans who take the banter to the extreme of vitriol.

I'm hoping on starting to attend games from next season after a length time away - If anyone would be interested in meeting up on match days - I'm always on here having a nosey so you'll have to let me know! Cheers guys

4. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

Same every year from our bitter bretheren.

5. IMO, their main players are Howard, Jagielka, Baines, Felliani, Cahill and Rodwell (not counting Drenthe or Donovan as they are on loan):

Howard: Over Pepe? No chance!

Jagielka: Good player but ahead of Agger or Skrtel? Maybe at present but not for me in the longer (well medium) term because of his age.

Baines: In all honesty, I really like Baines and wanted us to try and sign him in the summer but wouldn't take him now we have Enrique.

Felliani: I'm not convinced by him, he shows signs of being a quality player every five or six games, not consistent enough. Would he get in the Liverpool team? IMO, Lucas and Gerrard are better but better than Henderson, Spearing and Adam at present so depends on the system.

Cahill: I really like Cahill but he is not a forward for me, he is an attacking midfielder and would not be picked ahead of Gerrard or Suarez (if in the hole).

Rodwell: Very good young player and possibly better than Henderson, wouldn't play ahead of Felliani never mind Lucas and Gerrard. Potential to be a quality player though.

Ironically, Drenth and Donovan would both stregthen our right hand side but it would be one or the other with Glen Johnson remaining at right back.

6. Gerrinho

Gerrinho Member

Excellent comparisons mate - May have to utilise that next time my bitter blue pals start the "Our 11 would walk straight into yours" sh!t cheers mate

7. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

8. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Where is the "above Liverpool" option?

9. One of the lads

One of the lads Well-Known Member

With this in mind, doesn't it show how underachieving Liverpool are and what a poor manager Dalglish is?

Especially when you consider the respective financial resources available to Moyes and Dalglish.

10. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Comfortably below Liverpool.

11. Kop79

Kop79 Active Member

This^^^

12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Liverpool should finish ahead of Everton just; despite their financial doping

13. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

In response to this thread...

f069ad45_epic_facepalm_by_rjth.jpg

14. Orangputeh

Orangputeh Member

Not being a Liverpool resident, this thread is rather a strange read!

It was started by someone since banned and appears to be inundated with Liverpool supporters, most of whom are Everton haters and obviously very poor football pundits!
    One has to wonder what their reaction is now to being behind Everton in the league, a team who have cost very little when compared to Liverpool.

Good luck Moyes and Everton!

15. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

The thread was started by a Hull fan,the comments by LFC supporters are varied and some are 'local' banter',Moyes might not have won anything in his 10yrs there but he has maintained the blues Premier League status and has brought some good players through the ranks.

If they do finish above us fair play to them.

16. bluenothingbetter2do

if we do finish above the reds most of their fans will probably brush it off as if it doesnt matter that much,with their good cup runs.

but the fact is that in the last 3 seasons liverpool will have finished 7,6,7 or 8 not really good enough for a club the size of liverpool.
    will the current owners be willing to fund more signings?
    if not i cant see liverpool finishing much higher in future seasons.

17. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Speculate to accumulate.

Our 'current owners' will give Kenny(or whoever is our manager while they are owners)money for signings,if not they will sell the club,there's no way they'll deliberately weaken their financial asset because they are in the business of making money not losing it.

And btw its good to see another blue on the site mate.

<ok>

18. Depay Sound

Depay Sound Well-Known Member

19. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Yes, fair play to the Shight - is that five in 45 years now. <confused>

Almost worth giving up a trophy and beating them three times in a season. I'll make sure I avoid being run over by their open-top bus and all their fans following in an open-top Nissan Micra by giving Denbigh a wide berth tomorrow. <ok>

20. Orangputeh

Orangputeh Member

Well done Everton !!
    Not only finishing 7th, but 4 points clear of the Reds and with a better GD - all this with comparatively limited resources but with the benefit of a better manager!