1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where to now??

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Another game another loss to a more fluent, faster and skilful team.
    We looked all over the place, no creativity or control from midfield, far too slow on the ball, no one running into spaces, too much back passing ,looking for somewhere to pass. Kovacic had a shocker, gave the ball away too much, but was not Robinson Crusoe.Gallagher and Mount ran and ran, Broja got bugger all decent service, Hall was again impressive.
    Manager played a team that was more energetic than those of late, but lack of teamwork, quality and true class is very evident.Hope Fofana and James are back soon , Trevoh has held the defence together really well and looks ready made to partner Fofana sooner than later.
    Let's hope we see some teamwork and tactics after World Cup break.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  2. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

The main thing I’ve noticed recently is that we don’t have anybody who can run. Everyone we play make us look like we’re running in treacle, just doesn’t seem to be any pace in the team at all. Second to every lose ball, don’t press and we don’t have any pace to take on a man. Not sure what the stats are but we must be low for take ons this season? Probably why we hardly score any goals.

On a side note, recruitment has been utterly dreadful for ages. The last big money signing I can think of that’s been worth the money is Chilwell. Before that I’m struggling, Kovacic maybe? We’ve wasted millions.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Can you believe that Boehly is even thinking about signing Ronaldo from Man U ???? Blimey, if true we will be a total laughing stock, if we aren't already because of his signings, absolute duds every one of them so far, apart from Fofana who we haven't seen enough of to judge. The only speed I have seen from Sterling is how fast he loses the ball when he gets possession. Second only to Pulisic. Sterling needs to be played in his best position so he has a chance to be the player we bought..