1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where the money comes from...

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Dec 24, 2017.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I found a great article today in the Guardian:

"Football supporters reserve their hatred for owners such as the Glazers, who bought Manchester United with borrowed money and siphoned off the club’s profits to pay down the debt. If billions are available to turn Manchester City or Paris Saint-Germain into world-class clubs, the fans do not care where the money came from. Nor do neutrals who love football for its own sake. For them, it is as miserablist to talk about Manchester City’s owners on Match of the Day as to talk about the factory farming of turkeys at the Christmas lunch table."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...term=257898&subid=7998452&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

The author rightly points out that current state of the game is particularly fascinating considering how much the media lambasted the Glazers when they took over with borrowed money from the bank which is perfectly legal regardless of how fans feel about it. But there is a complete silence on money into the game that is coming from UAE with no accountability and everything that is against what a civilized society stands for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk