1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where is Royston Vasey?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Chippy / Glory, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

I prefer this forum. You can actually have an honest debate, or general chit-chat.

CharltonLife just seems far too political, and you always get someone say "I've been supporting Charlton for 35 years, and my grandfather did and the next door neighbours cat did, so I know better than anyone else, and by this pure definition, my opinion is more valid then yours."

Last I heard, Kim Jong-Un is taking regime advise from dictatorship forum ITTV, the most undemocratic place on the internet.

Butterfield and lardiman like this.
  2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

We're a 'like minded' bunch, but you always need an antagonist on any forum in truth.

The position is up for grabs, send CVs to the Mod team for consideration!

3. Holden Chinaski

Sorry. I enjoy my position of self-loathing nihilistic hedonist alcoholic far too much.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  4. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

As a relative newcomer, I don't know if there were any members here in the past who were supportive of Duchatelet, or anti-protest.
    If there were, did their opinions change over time or did they leave?

Part of the responsibility of forum moderators is to protect members with minority/unpopular views from excessive negative response - indeed to protect any member from excessive hostility if they are not provoking that hostility deliberately.
    (by the way I am not suggesting that doesn't happen here - from what I have seen the mods here do a very good job)

However, even on forums where the moderators do an excellent job I guess over time it is a natural effect for Charlton fans of differing views to gravitate towards forums where their opinions are shared by more other members.

Holding a minority point of view was not the reason I left ITTV, but I do regret not being able to be part of that community anymore.
    I concede that - for reasons I felt were important - I too have effectively gravitated towards forums where my opinions are broadly in line with the majority view.

Part of me wishes this did not have to be the case. I was happy to contribute towards as many different Charlton fans' forums as I could, and I still hold that view. But differences between fans have deepened under this divisive regime, and that is nothing but bad for all of us.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  5. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

To be fair - I think most were very weary from the start with him. You only had to look at his history with his other clubs.

January did little to change that, and even after the first summer there was still a lot of questions thrown up on here. Guess we've always been anti RD <laugh>

lardiman likes this.
  6. Holden Chinaski

Selling Kermogant was one thing. Unjustly sacking Powell was the last straw!

Worst of all:
    - appointed Luzon every ****ing day and worst still,
    - appointed Freyeyeyeyeyeyeye WTF

The only good sense he had was not putting Nobby Vinegar into the position.

7. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

There were always doubts about being part of the Network, but it probably took several months before I was anti-Roland. The CEO's well-documented gaffes, the continual stream of poor players and managers created a chasm between fans and club. It seems odd in retrospect, but I was more annoyed about Riga's sacking than SCP's. I originally liked the philosophy of putting the Academy at the heart of the club, until it became clear that we were always going to sell our best products.

8. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

I too was dismayed about the sacking of Jose Riga.

It took me a while to accept Riga, as I was certainly not happy about Chris Powell being fired. But by the end of that season I must admit I had got used to Jose Riga and even admired him a bit. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do for us in 2014-15.
    The rest as they say, is history...

9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Not appointing Riga was, I think, when a lot of people were left put out - but then we had that great start under Peeters. The next two appointments - well, the descent was well and truly on the road then.

10. CarrianCarcuss

CarrianCarcuss Active Member

I think you could argue that even Luzon wasn't to bad, the constant change doesn't help and with managers probably getting shafted players would be impossible to deal with. Fraeye was literally just a joke though.

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Fraeye was an acceptance they didn't want to spend the necessary to get us out of the '****ter'.

12. A likeable little fella

A likeable little fella Well-Known Member

Appointing the Hungarian(?) dude would have been the funniest thing ever. By that stage I was past caring, a bit like now in all honesty.

I wonder if the players would have gone on strike?!

Miketyson2007Junior likes this.
  13. A likeable little fella

The rumblings began during the week of the Luzon appointment when they f***** up the visa. That weekend we lost 5-0 and the first protests came about(great atmosphere btw), by the time of the Fraeye appointment that was then the point of no return.

Strangely enough, I have never had a problem with the sacking of Powell. That was probably the only decision they have made correctly.

14. A likeable little fella

Appointing 'my mate' was the biggest insult to the fans these pricks can ever put on us.

For the apologists to overlook this and still crack on with their cobblers is beyond me.

lardiman and ForestHillBilly like this.
  15. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Has anybody found him?

16. A likeable little fella

Not seen him since the 12th July.

17. deleted.....

It's a mystery.... sure it is?

18. A likeable little fella

Toyah Wilcox.

19. deleted.....

Stephen King..

20. A likeable little fella

Cafe Nero in Victoria is closed. Poor old van Gerwen is going to be very upset.