1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What's with the Ozil bashing?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by lazarus20000, May 2, 2017.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...demanding-300-000-week-despite-poor-form.html

Martin Keown - "Arsenal are simply carrying Mesut Ozil and they cannot afford to do so. It is very clear that he is not giving everything to the cause.

It looks as if Ozil has given up on his team-mates. I don’t know whether he is trying to sulk his way to a move.
    Who does he think he is kidding with his performances? He is supposed to be Arsenal’s most influential player, their playmaker. Against Tottenham he was just jogging around the pitch.

Alexis Sanchez started badly but grew into the game. Ozil did not make a contribution all afternoon.
    Yes, Arsenal gave away a silly penalty at White Hart Lane. Yes, they also fell asleep at set-pieces.
    Tottenham may have better players than Arsenal at the moment but that has not stopped them from getting a result against Spurs in the past. In the days of great players like Glenn Hoddle and Ossie Ardiles, Arsenal still managed to grind out victories against Tottenham.

Ozil cannot be upset with any of his team-mates if he is not prepared to work hard himself."

He is one of many that are trying to scapegoat Ozil for our poor season. Ozil is just one of our players that have under performed this season for us. It was a total team collapse that occurred late Jan all the way through to March and this was a team effort.

2. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

Unlike him, the others are not demanding such ridiculous salaries.

Get rid asap.

Quilllogic likes this.
  3. lazarus20000

If the rumours are true, then it would be ridiculous. But then again we have a few other players nearing contract discussions, so i can see theirs go up too. I don't think anyone except Sanchez deserves any sort of pay rise.

4. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

Based on performance, I would swap his and Koscielny's salaries around. I'd even go as far as to swap it with Monreal's. Both have proven themselve's to be of more value to the club than him.

bobo_97 and Quilllogic like this.
  5. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this recently. I am not an ozil basher, but I think we should sell him. Ozil is a luxury player who would work great in a team of characters where he could walk around and then split the defense with a perfect pass. Unfortunately we don't have this type of team, and I think he just doesn't fit in with what we need to be doing. We need to start aiming for players with strong minds that show effort - Ones that will take the game by the scruff of its neck.

Quilllogic likes this.
  6. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've said it before, but I can see Mourinho going in for him in the summer.
    He doesn't like luxury players, but he knows how to motivate Ozil, as he did it in Madrid.

He'll stroll around and pout if he thinks he can get away with it.
    He knows he won't under his old manager and it'll make him a more effective player.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Not going to happen.

8. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Because...?

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Arsenal won't sell him to Utd

10. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

11. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Once bitten....

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It's precisely because of that, that we won't do it again.

13. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

That would be more believable if you didn't let half your squad run their contracts down to the last year, wouldn't it?
    Absolutely ridiculous decision.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Agreed. Awful lack of planning from the board.

15. lazarus20000

That's why he gets so much stick. He is a very good player, just in the wrong team.

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Is he?
    Where have all the precision, defence splitting passes gone, he had one great season (in the same team) and looks like he thinks he did enough to see out his contract.

17. lazarus20000

Yes he's not quite the same player but where did all the other player's vanish earlier in the year? He is what he is a luxury player, not the kind of player we really needed.

Our biggest problem is not enough players stood up and made the difference when we desperately needed them to. I can only count on a few fingers those who did.

winifred122 and Quilllogic like this.
  18. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

I would let Ozil go. Still like his ability but we need players with character and guile. Cash in asap and get someone ready to get down and dirty.

19. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Ozil is a very good footballer, but when we fail to function as a unit, he is not the player to step up and win games on his own, never has been, never will be, also it's hardly a coincidence that Ozil's best games for us have come when Cazorla was playing in CM, Ozil actually started this season pretty well, he scored goals and looked great, one of the reasons for that was Cazorla. He is basically the only guy who could play quick passes into Ozil, which gave Ozil time and space to work with, now everytime he gets the ball he is surrounded, and when that happens, Ozil is a lame duck, because he lacks the strength or personality to deal with those situations.

Should we keep him? Yes, but if he really is demanding £200k plus wages, then no, because for that money we could potentially get another player of similar talent but has the qualities that Ozil can never have, also a younger playmaker who can play on the wings as well, if I am allowed to dream for a minute, then Isco would be ideal or Silva from Monaco.

BobbyD likes this.
  20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Would love to see Isco at Arsenal. Personally I'd keep Ozil. I don't see any benefit to us in getting rid of him.
    Will we ever see our beloved little spanish magician in an Arsenal shirt again ? Oh how we have missed him this season :(