1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Whats our form like at the moment?

Discussion in 'Aberdeen' started by Highland Gunner, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Highland Gunner

Hi guys i havent managed to catch the last two aberdeen games and i was wondering if anyone had, and are we struggling already?

2. Same old Bonbon 19

Pash.as usual at this time of the season

3. Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic Well-Known Member

What's our form like at the moment? Hmm, let’s see.....

We’re currently second bottom in the league, with six points from nine games and minus seven for a goal difference. We’re three points behind 9th placed Dunfermline who have played one game less than us. We’ve not scored away from home this season and have only scored in two of our nine league games so far - and our only victory (in the league) was a 2-1 win against unreasonably dismal opponents, Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

On the BBC website, the last six radio interviews with Craig Brown have come under the following headings: “Brown regrets missed chances”; “Brown unhappy with Dons second half”; “Brown disappointed for Dons fans”; “It was a dour game – Brown”; “Brown embarrassed at performance”; “We conceded a soft goal – Brown”.

On the bright side, however, we managed to take East Fife - currently flying high at the very bottom of the Second Division – to extra time in a cup home game. For sure, we went out on penalties, true, but the hard won extra-time gave the lads a bonus thirty minutes of cup-tie experience, allowing for further gelling as a team and setting them up nicely for the defeat at Motherwell last Saturday. We’ve not beaten Motherwell in almost three years, however, and East Fife won the Scottish Cup in 1938, so they're clearly no mugs at cup football. Let's not panic over nothing.

I'm still v. hopeful of a top ten finish in the league and rather fancy our chances, you know, of being bundled out of the Scottish Cup by a First Division side. Baby steps, my friend, baby steps.

4. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member