1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What's happened to Bigi?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Obi Wan, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

I had high hopes for Bigi a couple of seasons ago, but what has happened to him?

Now he can't even secure a loan spell at Yeovil after training with them.

He looked really promising for a young lad and I had him down as Tiote's long term replacement, but he seems to have just disappeared.

Anyone here see enough of the reserve/youth matches to know whether he's a regular? And if so, how's he been performing? Cheers

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Good point. I almost forgot about Mini Tiote.

3. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

the Yeovil loan was cancelled due to them having too many loan players ..(a couple of 1st team got injured the w/end before he arrived, so they HAD to get quick 1st team cover...and ended up with too many loans...although Bigi was in mid process of going there...from what I understand).

Their manager stated he would like to have him back in future .. Both teams like to see if the loan will be a good 'fit' before agreeing to it and so they go and train for a few days etc etc..according to Yeovil manager article I read ..will try and re-find the article if ppl want)

Played against Stoke in the U-21 this week and looked good to me.. composed, forward looking, him and Campbell linked up well (Campbell playign the #10 role) ..tackling and looking very much like a baby Tiote (more controlled however than the original), and is still 20 ish ????

Personally he looks like another year development on Loan at a challenging team to play for ..will do him a lot of good.. He still seems to have all the attributes to become a very good player.. Iam still hopeful he will crack the 1st team in the next 18 month ..(think his contract is up in 2 yrs?? so its kind of a slow do or die I would imagine (either he is a useful squad player minimum by then or off you go)

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

5. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

. <laugh> <ok><ok>

6. Obi Wan

Cheers Inferno. <cheers>

Useful to know. So there is still hope for our Bigi. <ok>

7. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Yes indeedy..he is one of the players we have that I really...'like', and want him to come through and do well for us

Some kid named Callum Roberts looked really good too..never heard of him before and based only on watching him for 60 mins, but looks a 'proper' winger

8. Obi Wan

I've seen Roberts mentioned a few times in write-ups about the youth matches, but never seen him play before. Hopefully we seem to have a few coming through with some potential.

9. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

I had big hopes for Bigi following his move from Coventry, however, I now believe he is the latest in line to have fallen out with Pardew and has virtually been sent " To Coventry ". This is a pity as I think he could make a decent squad player for the 1st team and he looked OK for the U21's on TV against Stoke.

10. Agent Bruce.

Agent Bruce. Active Member

Still hope he comes good.

11. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Still time for him. Its his positioning, game management and knowing when to go that he struggles with. That looks to have improved and I still think he can come good if he can eek out some more improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.