1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What you've got with Chops

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Optimistic Bluebird, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Optimistic Bluebird

Hi guys, just heard news that Michael Chopra will be joining you for about 1 million.

Would I say he's worth it? well probably not at the moment but give him time and he'll score a hatfull at championship level.

Looked a bit overweight last year but that was probably because of his injuries. His main strengths his movement off the ball which championship defences can't handle. If there was a definition of a 'poacher' then Chopra's your man. Doesn't offer a lot to build-up play, but in and around the box he's deadly.

I think I'd describe him as a confidence player. If he's in form he'll score atleast a goal a game, if he's not in form he'll go on a run of 8 games without a goal, but that just might be with Cardiff.

Anyway I hope you can get the best out of him because I feel he's a real hidden 'gem'. His time was probably up at Cardiff but with a manager like Paul 'Jewell' :p you could have a great signing on your hands.

Best wishes from Cardiff for next year :emoticon-0109-kiss:

2. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

well, for all his 'troubles' with gambling, weight, alcohol etc. I still dont think you could get a player with the potential to score you more than 20 goals a season for less than £1million. For that reason I'm pleased with this bit of business.

3. markfatboyblues78

Cannot stop smiling. Its great business in this day and age. When Carroll is sold for 35m