1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What would it take?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by NaNaNa, Jan 13, 2019.

1. NaNaNa

NaNaNa Active Member

First things first; I'm anti-allam, live in the midlands and therefore not actively boycotting games rather logistically (and financially) don't bother. I support the boycott of Allamhouse and haven't bought a shirt or any other product since the they showed themselves for the ****houses they are.
    I am however open minded and as much out of morbid curiosity than anything, I wonder if at any point the Allams might backtrack on some of the more controversial stuff, would I, could I ever get over it and support not over the team but their ownership of "The Club".

So really what I'm asking is... what would it take the Allams to do for the fans to forgive and forget? (This does not include selling up and ****ing off) or conversely, has it gone passed a point of no return?

Serious answers on a SAE.

2. TonyNormansGloves

TonyNormansGloves Well-Known Member

I can see them backtracking on the badge but not on concessions.

3. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

I don’t do forgive or forget. They’re ****s. I’ll be back when they’re gone.

4. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

I feel like they've gone past the point of no return for me. People wouldn't forgive and forget even if we were about to win the Champions League!

They behaved like pricks and have treated the fans like ****.

5. Quill

Quill Bastard

They are past forgiveness.

Even if they reverse everything, invest and give us a team that could get into Europe again, they've already lost all of my trust.

6. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Not sure there's much they could do to make amends .
    The fact it's a litterny of events and actions they've undertook makes it almost impossible

Kempton likes this.
  7. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

If they made an effort to put things right, accepted they made mistakes.. I think eventually most would forgive and move on.

City1958 likes this.
  8. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

They can **** off.

If we manage, despite the Allam’s, to get back to the PL they will only use it to cream more money from the club, there’ll be minimum investment. The only ambition they have is to screw every penny that they can out of the club, promotion this season will obviously be mouth watering for them.

They can **** off some more.

9. FER ARK

FER ARK Well-Known Member

Leopards and spots, forgive them all you like, there may be a period of harmony but ultimately they want to be in charge and lay the law down. It’ll only be a matter of time before the next rift.

10. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

The way they acted before means they'd have to give every single fan who walks through the gate £100,000, a new car, pay off their mortgage and guarantee them free football for life before forgiveness crept onto the horizon. The following are the nails in the coffin:

The way Barmby was sacked without a second chance or for him to give explanation, the name change, the badge, putting Tigers on everything, removing concessions, being a twat to Steve Bruce, crap transfer strategy (leaving us with 13 players to start a PL season), petty vindictiveness against their own fans, buying a new car while discussing austerity, promising a friendly to raise money for fans in the Egyptian Port Said disaster and then not actually following through, lying about selling the club, lying again about selling the club, agreeing to sell the club and then pulling out of the deal, closing the upper tier of the stand and chucking local radio for asking questions.

As you can see, the coffin of forgiveness is firmly nailed ****ing shut. And buried in a lining of concrete two miles underground, guarded by starved dogs and a ring of trigger happy hillbillies with sawn off shotguns.

So no.

Doug, leedstiger, desfrog and 9 others like this.

11. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Hell would freeze over!!

Gone For A Walk and Kempton like this.
  12. NaNaNa

NaNaNa Active Member

Well I mean when you put it like that!!

I'd forgot all about the way they treated Barmby. Just another one of many things that ****ed everyone off.

Kempton likes this.
  13. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

You forgot evicting clubs from the bonus arena & selling property that wasn’t theirs to sell.
    The “terrorist” gate
    “Die when they want”
    “All fans are thugs & hooligans”

Oh & a little issue of concessions!!

Kempton, City1904 and spesupersydera like this.
  14. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Sadly, it wasn't an exhaustive list.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  15. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

There are some things you forgot. For me they have well and truly burnt all the bridges, but plenty will soon forget and forgive every ****ty thing they have done.

16. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

They think they have done nothing wrong so will continue to behave in the same way in the future. If they ever think they've made a mistake they'll never admit it and try to find ways to avoid accepting responsibility for their actions. For example our name and the badge. Calling us Hull City AFC would have cost them nothing, as would reinstating the old badge.

17. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

It’s passed the point of no return

If they immediately changed everything the could do (starting with concessions) and then prostrated themselves before us all and begged forgiveness for their past deeds...I’d just assume they’d somehow figured out how they were going to profit from doing it, and therefore that it was ‘morally right for them’

I couldn’t ever trust them

It’s a NO from me

18. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

After a supporters meeting last year (may have been when the Beercock woman turned up) they admitted some mistakes and promised to reinstate the use of the name Hull City, a token gesture was made by changing something on some social media site to which some on here jumped up and down waving flags saying look look they really are doing something.

The badge is in the process of being changed following supporter consultation.

Just re read your post, I didn't even suggest they would admit any mistake or even make any changes just that plenty will forget all the ****ty thing they have done.

Kempton likes this.
  19. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

No way. "The way they acted before means they'd have to give every single fan who walks through the gate £100,000, a new car, pay off their mortgage and guarantee them free football for life before forgiveness crept onto the horizon." My mortgage is paid off so I am not accepting less than those still with mortgages would get. Discrimination.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  20. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I will always support Hull City, however bad or good they are, my interest is down on previous seasons because of all the **** the Allams have done.
    They could put the badge back, the name back & the concessions, but can they be trusted to not do some **** again? No!
    All they think about is how they’re not getting money from fans through the gate. They’re not thinking about sales in the club shop for dvds, shirts, slippers, shades, pens & pencils that might be Christmas, Birthday or Anniversary presents.
    Fans that are going to away games are giving money to the Allams, but not as much as they would give to watch home games. Not the smartest “business men!”