1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What was said last time we had a Championship wobble 2011...

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by TootingExcess, Dec 29, 2013.

1. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm bored so I checked the archives for the last time we lost two in a row in the championship back in Dec 2010, much the same level of banter in evident here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A78726883

No real comment to make other than nothing really changes, same moans and wind ups :)

2. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Did anyone ever work out who ABITB was...?

Was it Cerny, Swords or someone else?

3. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

I remember that ferdi guy, he was a right knob.

Edit: Hadn't even noticed my comment further down <doh>

4. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

Who knows... woooo <ghost>

5. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

OK, I'm bored too, so I can't be bothered to read that. It's ridiculous to compare what Warnock did on a shoestring with what Redknapp has done with the relative riches he has had at his disposal.

6. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

Maybe I should've labelled it OT then Stroller, wasn't meant as a comment on the merits of the two squads - more the fact that the posts and threads sounded similar three years apart that I found funny.

7. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

This, we also played well all season which meant it was a blip. We haven't played well all season which means this isn't a blip, its the norm.

8. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

That's just plain revisionist nonsense. We bludgeoned our way to promotion that year and more often than not our games were woeful. We wore teams down over ninety grueling minutes rather than cut them up. Taarabt was on fire and scored I think 18 but even he was dreadful some times. You're talking out of your rear end once again Flyer.

You're also being disingenuous Sir. The situation Redknapp inherited was in many ways worse than what COLIN arrived to. Never before in my life have I seen nor am likely to ever see again, such a squad of misfits, fraudsters and scumbags that made up our squad last year. During the Summer Redknapp had to take the knife to the whole lot of it and restructure it from top to bottom. As bad as the Goons were, at least COLIN didn't have such a scenario when he took over. And I'm not convinced Redknapp has had as many riches at his disposal as you'd like to make out. He spent on Austin and Phillips yes but COLIN spent a bit too. Redknapp's neglect of the striker department was criminal, I'm with you there but your disdain for him is out of proportion to say the least, Stroller.

Please at least attempt to modify your position somewhat because you're constantly coming across as a bit of a fanatical anti-Harry crackpot.

9. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

No we didnt. Adel hid a whole host of frailties which occaisionally did get exposed.

EDIT- Sorry just seen Swords post <ok>

10. Stroller

At least I'm consistent though, Swords! Hard for me to modify my position, as it's what I believe - I'm certainly anti-Harry, but not, I think, a crackpot. He undoubtedly took on a tough job last year, but ultimately, he failed. He was backed by the board in the January window and again in the summer and then told us that we were just as likely to get relegated as promoted! We were effective at the start of this season, thanks in no small part to McLaren's coaching IMO, but we have generally been very poor since McLaren left. If we are not promoted this season, Redknapp will have failed again, I believe.

11. Stroller

Fair enough mate.

12. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Exactly, thankfully he said he would resign if that was the case so no more of him and no pay off. The bad thing would be FFP kicking in but then I suppose we could get a record breaking sponsorship from Mittall to fiddle that.

Its either going to be Redknapp sending us further down the toilet if we manage to squeeze up or a new man in the championship. One is better short term and one is better long term but I suppose the ideal scenario would be to go up and Redknapp retires.

Redknapp is a just a front man, he has the coaches take training and do tactics and he hasnt got a clue without someone there to do it, just look at all the hamstring injuries and Kranjcar double chin.

13. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0136-giggl.