1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What odds Nobbers? Who is/are the favourites

Discussion in 'Preston' started by superiorno1pne, May 10, 2011.

1. superiorno1pne

superiorno1pne New Member

I know we dont know who is going up however Mandaric has just promised Sheff Wed plenty of cash -they must start off as early contenders with the boookies I think. Anybody know what price us and who do you think might be in the frame? Perhaps next month we should start a prediction list?

Forever PNE

2. theflyingplumber

Hi! Superior..<ok>

A wee bit early possibly to make an informed opinion, other than one about our own club. Players coming and going and one or two managers as well possibly.
    I know money can play a big part in any teams success, but as I have mentioned on another thread each division requires a certain type of player. If this is true then success won't just be down to spending large amounts of money, but finding and managing the right type of players. Of course this may involve spending some money, but not millions. I am confident about PNE but as yet we have little idea who is going out or coming in, so until such matters have been resolved very difficult to predict who the promotion contenders might be.

Give it a few weeks and we should have a better idea..<ok>

:biggrin:

3. lilywhite forever

Hello chaps <ok>

Just had a look around the main bookies and none of them seem to have opened a market on next season yet. I had a tenner on Sheff Weds last season and they were 7/1 (also had a tenner on Bradford to win L2 as well!) so for me to comment on who will be in the frame would be quite laughable really so I'm keeping my gob shut :biggrin:

Paddy Power have opened a book for next years Premier League though and the Lashers aren't even on the list....:emoticon-0104-surpr:emoticon-0104-surpr:biggrin:

4. superiorno1pne

superiorno1pne New Member

Cheers Chaps I wonder what the first odds will be?

5. lilywhite forever

6. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

It's all very well Wednesday throwing money at it however they've got Megson as a manager so the two factors cancel each other out

7. lilywhite forever

I know. That 5/1 for Sheffield Weds doesn't really look good value to me.