1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What is happening,

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by william5551, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They think they'll reach the playoffs?

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  2. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Extended cup runs?

3. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

the fa cuP ? <laugh>..............now take two drags of the bong and hold your head under the water for twenty seconds......arrrhhh....fking addd ew mush

clingo likes this.
  4. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Hello stranger.

5. aberdude

Hello dude hope all’s well with everyone on here.

6. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

I think we're generally fine old valley chap. But we seem to have lost Masky. What have you done with him?

7. ccfcremotesupport

What have you done with Masky?
    He's AWOL Aber.

Very serene with you two not posting.
    Its not the same.

8. aberdude

That’s not good news masky was mr TIP TOP, saying that Doris hasn’t been in touch so maybe she’s on the run with masky.....I heard the Anne summers warehouse got broken into.

Me tbh I gave up the ghost In talking football because I lack the interest in it......tv money has ruined the lot for me and i cannot get my mojo for the game back at all, even when I go down my heart isn’t there........and looking at this thread with lurker trying to score brownie points by claiming his club is a bigger better shining turd than ours sums up the pathetic twats I’m trying to avoid contact with....

No one on this site is like lurker so I’m pretty glad we get mature debate but that debate isn’t my bag anymore no offence to anyone on here.

I didn’t change the game did

clingo likes this.
  9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Got a fair idea of what you mean aber - allowing this lot to happen makes me sick................

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...l-news/bury-fc-bolton-wanderers-live-16820332

10. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

It is a great pity that there is no one around with the wherewithal or financial acumen to take on either club. I sympathise absolutely with their fans. There but for the grace of Peter Ridsdale and then VT we could easily have gone down the tubes a few years ago.

However, despite the romanticism, football at national league level is a business not a charity and clubs have to either pay their way or have generous benefactors with deep pockets and equally long arms.

Why should they be different to any other business? I know about the effects on the local community and heartfelt commitment from their loyal fans but surely it can be argued that a lot more of them could have got off their arses in recent years and gone and paid to support the clubs.

Whether there was clear financial mismanagement or worse by ownersand/or directors I don't know. That will be for the administrators to look into.

Yes, I know I'm being a hard nosed twat but the world goes on and you either sink or swim.

By the way, good to hear from you Aber. Hope you are well.

11. ccfcremotesupport

I respect your decision aber, but it would be good to hear from you from time to time.

Ditto the masked one.

12. aberdude

13. aberdude

Yeah I’ll pop in here and there dude I’ve just not had much to say tbh I’ve not even been listening to music like I used to......I got a new dog though so much of my time is taken up with walking so that’s my excuse for being lazy

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

It's more a question of the moral inequality in the sport rather than you being hard nosed about it Bluey. <ok>

There's always been inequality in general life with the "haves" and "have nots" through the centuries even up to the present day. However, the problems we are seeing in football now is very recent and man made. It's not necessarily to do with poor stewardship of clubs though I suspect some are being run by chancers who have no commitment.

The distribution of the media generated wealth in the game has been polarised to the extent that the gulf in income from top to bottom, when coupled with the expectations of todays players has become massive.

Forget profit making, it's become a battle to survive unless a club has a benefactor with deep pockets and the willingness to put his hand in them on a regular basis. We are so fortunate to have had Tan at the club this past 7 years otherwise we'd have been up **** creek long before now. Others aren't so lucky - there aren't that many Tans around.

It is what it is, but I don't like it. As you say, it's such a shame for the ordinary guy in the street with his family past present and in the future that it has come to this.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  15. aberdude

Bury gone......sad I remember a few visits to Gigg Lane one of em was the last game of the season and we needed a win to stay up, we lost two nil and we went down but not without words of support from some home fans I spoke to.

Anyway for a club to survive these days without foreign people buying our clubs, the future looks very bleak.....it’s not sustainable for many bar the capitalists who make money from usually immoral means.

I very much doubt Cardiff chances of survival if the tans money was taken out.

Look at Swansea, a good few seasons in the money league supposedly but not got a pot to piss in and currently have a divided club, between fans and owners.......results paper over cracks but the cracks remain.

Football is changing with money and not for the better, and if I had a choice between non league and premiership my answer would be my club needs a soul and you only find that without money so it would be non league for me

16. Big Bluebird

Big Bluebird New Member

Even with the money, there is now a real chance we could go down! Agree it has changed the game and made the owners much more involved with the fans and the players, taking on parts of the managers job. Whether that is a good think or not, particularly when some owners have little knowledge of the game, i'm not sure!

17. ccfcremotesupport

I believe you are correct and its why we got into the mess we did before colin arrived.
    Tan, choo and dalman didnt have the footballing nous of the likes of sam and the riddler. They let MM and Ole dig us into a hole with their transfer business. It took years to unravel and set us back a way.

Colin has been erratic in the market with some questionable signings but knows his way around contracts in the footballing world.

We still need football knowledge (not how to play the game - though some changes there may be needed - but how to manage the club, the players, the agents, the contracts, etc) at the top table to support the board. They are learning, but not there yet.

18. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Welcome back dude!

19. aberdude

Dude our destiny is not in our hands which is a shame....tan seems to have steadied the ship but that doesn’t mean we have a steady future..........I think players need 2 have a reality check on these repulsive wage demands the agents stopped from pimping human beings like well laid slaves

the fans have the power to demand a fight against this destruction of over a hundred years of history.....if not we can watch little rich kids with huge egos squandering cash like it’s going out of fashion on a handful of clubs that’s become a brand for global marketing.

clingo and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  20. aberdude

Hi jay dude hope your well and enjoying life brother