1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic What does not606 do for you..?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by J๏E.., Feb 19, 2020.

1. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

We all come here for different reasons, to talk about football, life, bullshit, to be adorned, sympathy <whistle> but normally to pass a couple of hours a day to escape whatever it is in your life..

So what brings you lot here? For me, it's the escape but in saying that I have met many good friends from the origins of this site and the old 606, a small few have gone on to be family friends now and one I lost, who was simply the best..

This board is as good as it gets, there's some great lads on here and I mean the best, the banter is cool and even if you are a guy like me with lots going on in life, coming back is like you have never been away..

God bless y'all and luv ya you bunch of twats..<ok>

2. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

I like the humour and banter, and the posters are in the main a great bunch

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Good thread.

I come on here to just to chat nonsense (I'm pretty good at that), I don't do serious too often. I like having a laugh and prefer the light hearted stuff but also don't mind a bit of an argument if someone really wants it but I also find that amusing. I like a lot of people on here or their online persona at least.

It's a daft digital world.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  4. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

It certainly is a daft digital world, sometimes for the good and bad.. There is in the general consensus, a good set of lads here though I reckon..<ok>

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I agree in general and it would be less interesting if there was no conflict at all, there's one fella on here I ****ing hate though.

J๏E.. likes this.
  6. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Joe, i think this place is a microcosm of general experiences and people we come across in everyday life. Football wise...ecstasy or deflation depending on how your team does (both within a minute sometimes with this feckin VAR !!!). People wise...vast majority of people you come across are sound, like and can take a bit of banter, and can be caring and compassionate as you have found out yourself lately. There will always be the odd tit (no names :bandit:) who goes too far and embarrasses themselves but in fairness whenever a real nasty troll comes on not 606 they usually get short shrift. Myself, i don't post too often but i always read the threads and enjoy the back and over craic. Long may this place remain as it is.

remembercolinlee and J๏E.. like this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

I think I ended up here much the same way as most, when BBC606 closed down. I looked around for another site, because the Gills board used to be very active back then, suppose I sort of took the lead on it, guided by an old friend who was a Millwall supporter already on here, not seen him for years since.

Thought how can I entice the rest over, well it wasn't too difficult, I used to run predictions leagues back then, so just advised in advance where I would be moving it to, not606, at least 50+ other members followed. A lot have since left, with the age of twitter etc. I eventually passed the league over to someone else, didn't have the concentration for it anymore. But like most club boards, except a few, dying a slow death.

Then I started to snoop around GC, I got chased (allegedly) and ended up here, in the days of HiaG going to California (Nevada) - I've been a pain in the arse ever since.

I don't dislike anyone, I genuinely mean that, but also acknowledge I'm not everyones cup of tea, but life is too short to let it bother me. I could honestly say while online, I would do anything to protect anyone who engages in here, none more so when @A.L.D.O 4.1 wound me up behind PM, saying to me we had a hacker on the site, you fooking knobhead <laugh> Then we had a real hack not long after by a GC member, I just shut the whole fooking site down that day, until Mick fixed the patch or whatever he did.

But yeah if I can come here and laugh, then it's good, getting too old for people causing hassle. Certainly learned over my time, banning people don't achieve anything, being difficult is far more effective :bandit:

Bald Archie, Treble and gooner4ever like this.
  8. Stan

Stan Stalker

I hate you too so whatevs.

luvgonzo likes this.
  9. Stan

Stan Stalker

Chaos could match your 7 year post count in a single afternoon.

10. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

"Some come here to sit and think
    Others come to fart and stink
    But I come here to scratch my balls
    And write more poems on its' walls"

Ode to HIAG ... gone but not forgotten.<ok>

Copyright: 21st Century Fosse Productions

11. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Gives me a place to vent primarily.

Also some funny stuff and interesting characters on here!

12. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Exactly.

Mad to think that was 9 years ago!

brb likes this.
  13. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

I think there will be always some person that comes along that is despicable, I'm tolerant now to what I used to be but there's always one.. I won't ask who, that's your business..<ok>

luvgonzo likes this.
  14. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

You run this place brilliantly mate, a true top man with a heart.. @A.L.D.O 4.1 is funny, intelligent and always worth a read, had my gripe with him one time but a lad I truly respect now..<ok>

Saf and brb like this.
  15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

One of the things I like is when someone posts a thread that is clearly meant to be clever, amusing or whatever and it bombs. Then someone does a 20 pager on crisps. :biggrin:

16. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

To me Not606 is a research resource I use for my thesis on the effects of the internet on societal decay.
    I'm going for a doctorate.

17. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Mote chance of an aftereight ...

18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Gentlemen’s Club

Private Members Only

Was on the old606 so go back a long way with many posters and even those that I met on here..well we have been here almost a decade.

in that time unless you’re a despicable **** with zero social skills you’re bound to have met some top people...and I have.

This is why I don’t understand flounces like Bluey’s who himself has been here for a long time then decides to not only **** it off but to kind of cuss the posters before he went.

Best thing about this place is you can pick any topic, any word...and BOOM conversation can start....****in marvellous....or you’ll get told you’re talkin **** and thread gets closed. Either way...it’s our Jungle and it is what we make it

Ultimately when one of us needs real talk...we just need to say. Us straight men need a place too in this world full of weird ****Z

19. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Just here for the jokes.

Saf and J๏E.. like this.
  20. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

As eloquent as ever...