1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What does getting Parkinson mean for the takeover?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Roker 73, Oct 16, 2019.

1. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

Love a bit of illogical unproven stereotyping.
    You just have to talk to the average fan to glean how little they know and understand about the game.

2. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

Last season was a free pass imo, because when Ross took over we couldn't put together a training match with the squad we had and other off field stuff. Target was the playoffs which we achieved. I was fine with Ross been given another go this season. Bolton started the questions for me, Lincoln result was the killer.

Promotion is the aim this season. No more excuses for whoever is managing the team. If parkinson fails at this, he'll have to go at the end of the season.

3. The Redbaron

The Redbaron Well-Known Member

Sadly therts no sign of it going ahead in any form as much as i would like, I've backed you up elsewhere BTW ,otherwise we would have heard a lot more positivity coming from the owners , NDA or not...looking at all of the signs ,with experience of large transactions/ mergers, this appointment of Parkinson would not have been made in different circumstances other than negative or money saving ones..

4. Roker Mackem

Roker Mackem Active Member

Could easily have sold it to them as a steady hand- worked in much worse circs and got results. Give him a few years and if its not working in Champ- go somewhere else.

5. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

Agree with this. I'm desperate for it to happen but nothing seems positive. I had hoped the new manager would be on a very short term deal (which could have been to see us through this season whilst we finalise the takeover), but no, it's 2 and a half years, even longer than most expected.

Donald by all accounts seemed quite upbeat about things at the ill-advised Consett talk in but none of his comments on Twitter since have seemed half as confident, then he went off and the statement came out, again not even a hopeful tone imo.

They seem to be avoiding mentioning FPP by name. Maybe due to an NDA, maybe because they're gone. If they have gone I'm sure they'd rather not tell us, they'll stay quiet (leading to some thinking the NDA is still in place) and scramble around in the background hoping to get someone else to sell to. If things were hopeful they'd at least tip some sort of a wink to their good friends at RR but instead all previous references to the takeover seem to have been getting deleted, quite the opposite of what I'd expect if ongoing. Then there's Nixon saying it's off and being certain about it (not that he's always right, but it's another thing to add to the list).

Any positivity is clutching at straws; maybe they can't say the name because of an NDA, smug still says it might be on, the Americans haven't commented to say it's off, maybe Parkinson is the cheapest option to get rid of etc. It's tiring and I wish they'd just be honest and let us know what their plans are. I'm positive that they could say something, this possible NDA didn't stop them having the Americans in a box getting photographed at a match, didn't stop them letting them use the stadium as an address for their holding company (if you have to keep their identity secret why not just get them to use an unrelated address). We need it officially brought to an end tbh.

6. HeatonMackem

HeatonMackem Well-Known Member

Echo's Phil Smith: "MSD Partners may well still take a shareholding in the club. Talks ongoing. Seems clear from this, though, that SD will remain in day-to-day charge regardless."

Dorset likes this.
  7. Jerry lee

Jerry lee Well-Known Member

That's always been the case SD & CM day to day running

The yanks just putting their dollars into us

8. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

3 year deal, I think that pretty much says it all

9. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

10. Jerry lee

Jerry lee Well-Known Member