1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What are the reasons for englands golden generation?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Oct 10, 2021.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

Look theres ample evidence in american football with guys in hard helmet hitting each other helmet to helmet and ample evidence in rugby too.

You do ot see lads with cracked skulls in those sports either but the weight of evidence about micro concussions is massive.

Every header your head rattles round and you brain is in a sack of fluid so doesn't stop and hits the front and back of your skull. There is evidence that side impacts is worse.

As for how many. Theres 92 league clubs but we are talking the top divisions getting publicity and internationals so we are seeing more and more

The risks are now known, 5 times more likely to be diagnosed with it.

2. moreinjuredthanowen

3. saintKlopp

Zanjinho likes this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

Yeah, that is very true.

Physical contact sports are what they are. They are only around 120 years and the repeated impacts understanding these things a lot less.

Rugby has done a lot that's changed the sport hugely to try prevent wide scale lawsuits but the pro rugby game is still only what 30? Years old

Players are only now heading into their 50s and 60s.and even less so steve Thompson's case is worrying for them.

Football imo is actively ignoring the issue when faced with quite a large number of players form the 60s etc all having this issue.

The ball is different argument hides the real continual impact issue so I have to wonder at what point rules will change.

We seem.utterly unwilling to deal with actual head contact never mind heading.

Flying elbows and jumping into players from the side quite deliberately is all allowed and tolerated as they are not straight reds.

We still have players arguing black is blue with doctors to not come off etc.

Compared to rugby football is in the dark ages here.

5. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Maybe because players just want to play football.

Zanjinho and Diego like this.
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

And if rugby or yankball took that attitude I'm sure they could find enough morons to sign waivers and go bash heads till they were brain dead.

The reality is its becoming more and more obvious and eventually someone will land a compensation case on football authorities and itll have to be done.

It was actually easier in yankland to win that as it's a backwater sport in a single nation.

Suing fifa would be "complex" suing uefa like bosman, cant don't from the uk anyway.

A player would need to sue the fa I guess

7. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

My point was in reaction to players arguing with refs about being allowed to play on. Some just want to play football.

See it across the country on a weekend tbh. Some people just aren’t worried about things that might affect them 50 years from now. Would rather enjoy the here and now.

Same as smoking, drinking. People know the effects they have especially later in life but some are happy to take that risk to just enjoy something they like doing while they can.

saintKlopp likes this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

oh ok, i get you sorry.

You are right it needs to be taken out of their hands like in rugby for independent assessment. for people knocking about for fun its one thing but when you are employed to do it you then have responsibility. to their safety and are open to litigation if they can prove negligence.

same as smoking in resturants. it was not banned for the customers health it was banned for staff health.

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Apology accepted <cheers>

10. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

Next you'll be wanting to ban snowball fights,conkers and pea shooters,oh er wait a minute......<whistle>

Zanjinho likes this.

11. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

Hi guys good question esp as your club is at the centre of this. I’m a, die hard Ipswich fan, but we’re playing your formation now in L1 and we used to be the two best sides in the country for about 15 years in the 70’s and 80’s’…

anyway…my understanding is that when the PL started there was only 11 foreign players. I know. Google it.

So despite all these brits in the league, playing ‘top level footy’ england we’re still total ****e. We had a guy running things at the FA in the 80’s who genuinely believed the best way to win was to score with no less than 3 passes. And Wimbledon and Watford made it effective. So we hoofed it ‘in the mixer’ and players like John Barnes somehow emerged despite this. Imagine what position he’d have in Klopps team now…

bur since then technically better players have come here and made the difference. Obvs Cantona was the first game changer in the PL turning man U from also rans to champs. I think if u guys had bought litmanen in his pomp you’d have had a title back then!

But these gus changed football and the demand for technical players instead of big lumps at the back and up front declined and the golden generation emerged. Trouble is, we were 20 years behind France and Spain…

but now we have clubs like yours making defenders do things that only silky midfielders did in the 80’s and england will benefit.

so thanks for carrying the can for us in Europe, for giving us Trent and the like and for being a tactically divine and wonderful side to watch. Hopefully we’ll be playing you in the league again soon…

Zanjinho and organic red like this.
  12. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

I remember that Ipswich side well..........Cooper in goal,Mills, Beattie,Muhren,Gates etc...............great team.

Buckyohare likes this.
  13. Buckyohare

Don’t forget we let u have John wark! He out scored Ian rush from midfield one season before KK didn’t fancy him in his new look team…

14. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

I blame Don Howe for holding back football development with England.Skillful players had it coached out of them!

organic red likes this.
  15. Gerrardsitchyear

Gerrardsitchyear Well-Known Member

I knew Ipswich were good, but to for one club to be the best two sides....

I know in Shankly's day we had the best two sides in the city with Liverpool and Liverpool reserves, but the whole country?

16. Buckyohare

Liverpool we’re the best side back then and won so much. Tbf we weren’t a long way off that but top 3 5 times I think and second in the league (often above you!) 4 times I think. 81/82 villa won it and we won in Europe and even they said we were the better team! It was like your spell in the 90’s and Mounties coming close so often and winning some big things on the way. But you have the trophies to show and we we have a lot of runners up medals alongside only a few major titles. It’s all long distant history now.

17. Gerrardsitchyear

Gerrardsitchyear Well-Known Member

I think it's also worth noting that Ipswich provided half of the team when the Allies famously played those pesky Germans...