1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What about the fans?

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by brisbane-lion, Feb 7, 2018.

1. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

I can see Harris' reason for fielding a team of second rate players and preserving his 'best' team for the clash with Cardiff, BUT , A a lot of people paid good money to travel away and see their team play and, possibly, win. They didn't get that chance did they? If I were in the UK and had paid to see this game I would seriously give a lot of thought to asking the club for a refund. Millwall aren't in a position to challenge for promotion and one loss wouldn't make a lot of difference to our position on the league ladder. By the same token we aren't going to win the FA Cup either, but if we had won yesterday, a home game against Spurs would have been a bonus, plus the travelling fans would not have wasted their money. Please remember, Mr Harris, Millwall is a FOOTBALL CLUB first and a business second. Now, onwards and upwards!!

2. lifecheshirewhite

ROCHDALE <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>
    SEASON OVER IN FEB <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>
    SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXPECTING IT,SEASON ALWAYS FINISHES AFTER YOUR CUP FINAL <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

To infinity and beyond

4. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

Correct Paul as we played Reading last, you're low on our list of concerns. <laugh>

As for seasons finishing early new year, Leeds from Jan 1st every year but you started earlier this season even by your standards. <whistle>

5. lifecheshirewhite

How can our have finished before yours,we are well above you <doh><doh><doh>
    Or do you mean your relegation battle is still alive <laugh>

6. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

When i got there on tuesday night after crawling along the M62 for a hour and a half I was relieved the game was still on more than anything, met a few mates in the Radcliffe Arms next to the ground and then saw the team come up on sky sports news, pretty much the same team that nearly lost it in the first game, i made the comment that the subs bench was stronger but you can only use three of them!!
    A lot has been made about the pitch and yes it was bad but for the last two seasons we've been in league 1 where there are many other terrible pitches, so we should be used to it. The first half was no more than a scrap with one particular Rochdale player eager to take Elliott's shirt of his back, obviously holding and shirt pulling in the goal area is acceptable now.
    The second half was slightly better but we still only had one tame effort on target and got what we deserved ....nothing. I'm used to defeats but this hurt due fielding a weakened team, a lack of ideas and no passion, it would had been a lot easier to take had we peppered the Rochdale goal with shots that saw the keeper have the game of his life, the post and bar being struck and a few efforts cleared of the line by their defenders, at least we would of had a go.
    I suggest the next time the team has a break in the sun when there is a free week they go somewhere that caters for beach football just in case we play someone from the lower leagues with a **** pitch.

7. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Now, now Paul as you always crash and burn new years and history is a weed subject after all. :wink:

By well above us, 6 points is hardly steaming clear lol but nice to know your only ambition is to finish above a pub team. <whistle>

Oh you're relying on a new manager bounce, good luck with that as you've had enough new managers in recent times lol. <laugh>

Ringo Lion likes this.
  8. lifecheshirewhite

Ambition ? No m8 its a given,can you ever remember finishing above Leeds ?

9. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

Of the top of my head 1987/88,1988/89 but I don't want to go on about the good old days or i'll start sounding like a Leeds fan:emoticon-0136-giggl

Millwallsteve likes this.
  10. lifecheshirewhite

Didn't ask you,as I knew the very old wallies might remember.<whistle>

Ringo Lion likes this.

11. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Yes.

12. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Exactly Stu so ffs don't do it!!! <yikes>

Ringo Lion likes this.
  13. lifecheshirewhite

Ow well 2-3 more years and senility will take that away from you.

14. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Spoken like a young weed who's been on Google, oh wait a minute.........<whistle>

15. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

What's it like then Paul as you're older than me. <laugh>

Kim never misses an open goal.......<whistle>

16. lifecheshirewhite

Started already see,you can't remember how old you are

17. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

<laugh>

You're a young looking 44 then........<whistle>

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  18. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Bardiff looking set for a big win

19. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Big win? They bottled it after their first, and only, goal. I think Harris could have brought Cahill on a bit earlier, 90 minutes and injury time was asking a bit much for him to show what he could do.

20. lifecheshirewhite

He's fookin older than you 4 minutes and he was done.needed a coco:emoticon-0162-coffe