1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Sep 11, 2020.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Fred Flintstone could do better ¬
    You might be forgiven for thinking that I am writing about the cash paid by Bristol Rovers for Hanlan (( you wouldn't necessarily be wrong. )) -- but -- I wouldn't be me without offering my thoughts on the latest profligacy by Mr.Scally ( with my money ! )

I really shouldn't be surprised at the infinite number of ways in which GFC makes life difficult for itself ( and the fans. ) This is especially so when it concerns technology -- even The Flintstones had 'electronic' clocking-in cards that were 'hole-punched' by a dinosaur ! So why does it have to be so painful for GFC fans ( not just STH ), when it comes to ticketing policy, and associated technology ?

Some of you (grumpygit) --not yet me --- will have received a letter this week, from GFC, with your ifollow pass for the Hull game. I only know about this because I was in Gillingham yesterday - visiting my brother. He, and his son, had received separate letters with their ifollow code for the match..... dare I expect mine before 3pm on Saturday ( if it doesn't get lost in the post. ) The letters also requested certain personal details - such as Customer number, address !! and date of birth ! If the Club didn't already have a customer number & address, how the Hell could they have sent my brother his letter ? And why D.o.B ?

By coincidence, I also visited the Club ground ( wanted to see if the Megastore was open. ) I happened to bump into the Club Secretary, Gwen Poynter, outside.... naturally I took the opportunity to speak. I enquired about the ifollow protocol for STH ( before I learned of my brother's letter. ) Gwen said she didn't know the answer , Quote '' We're being kept in the dark.'' I nearly wet myself laughing ( whilst trying hard to not cry .) I told her '' Now you know what it feels like for the fans.''

We all understand it when Mr.Scally bleats and pleads poverty --- So -- Why do GFC think that it's NOT a waste of time, resources and my money, when it's sending out individual letters - for just ONE match.... will it repeat the waste for every home league game ? Has it not heard of email ? I appreciate that maybe 1 or 2% of the fans may not be on email - but -- who hasn't got some sort of phone - on which they can receive texts or messages -- which could include an ifollow code !!

Mr. Scally - don't keep wasting my money. Don't be a dinosaur - try to catch up with The Flintstones......

oh well, at least we didn't waste money paying wages to Hanlan for the last couple of months -Yabadabadoo !

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    grumpygit and brb like this.
  2. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Must admit surprised it was in a letter and not an email. Got plenty last season by email

grumpygit and brb like this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

oh dear.............oh dear, dear, dear.....

anyway, I'm all set up...I just signed in as normal online and within 2 minutes it was job done, no ST required, no letter required, not even an email, full viewing for a mere £10, thank you Mr Scally x ....@alwaysright....

please log in to view this image

<laugh>

alwaysright and grumpygit like this.
  4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

There are still people who haven't got email, computers, or indeed might have changed their email and not notified the club.
    I think that is one reason why they are asking for you to update your details so they can use easier contact methods in the future.

brb likes this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

Makes perfect sense to me grumpygit <whistle>

grumpygit likes this.
  6. alwaysright

???
    May I remind you that the year is 2020 AD, and no 2020 BC ! Are seriously suggesting that a GFC fan doesn't have access to the internet / email ? Are you trying to tell me that the same one (?) fan doesn't have a phone ( even an unsmart one ) Either of these methods of communication is simpler and cheaper than sending out letters.

I cannot accept that, ( in 2020 AD ), even one fan exists who doesn't have the technology, (or access thereto ), or a telephone, to receive an ifollow code - without the huge waste of time, effort and my money in sending out individual letters................... and you still haven't answered the requirement for my Date of birth for the purpose of receiving the code ! )

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    brb likes this.
  7. alwaysright

brb - I hope your broadband crashes at 2.59 pm today<laugh>

brb likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

<laugh>

9. alwaysright

I'm glad I didn't have to pay (more) for that load of rubbish... One of my mates phoned in a panic a few minutes before the game -- his ifollow code had been accepted - but all he got was a black screen --- lucky him !