1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What a Hundred Million can do for you......

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Temple - take all your points about "what if" and they are relevant, but if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

The club's piss poor summer transfer dealings were either the result of naivety of management or severe budget restraints from Tan.

Over confidence in Warnock by Tan or an over-estimation of his own abilities by the man himself is the problem. Attempting to recreate the same sort of results as last season in this divison with broadly the same players is crippling our efforts to compete at this level and he knows it now if not before.

Either or a combination of both has resulted in Warnock talking to the media about bringing in 2 or 3 players in january. FFS, this is not December! That was 6 games into the season at the end of September. If he's saying that now, then he knows those players should have been acquired in the summer, not wait until we're scrambling to avoid the drop half way through the season.

Agree it would have taken a bigger outlay and still might not have come off but you have to give your club a sporting chance to compete and we haven't.

It may still all come together and happen for us now, but at the moment we've hamstrung ourselves by going with in the main a decent bunch of Championship players playing in the wrong division.

DragonPhilljack and suprimir like this.
  2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Trouble is by January you will be deeply entrenched at the bottom, you have only taken 2 points from 24, you will need to at least start getting some draws first, you really need to make yourselves bloody hard to score against, start defending and siting deep, while using your fastest players you have for the counter attack, saying that your gaffer doesn't have a good PL track record, still plenty of time though to start picking up points, before January would be preferable.

As for us, well our academy kids have been a big surprise, didn't foresee them doing what they have done, Potter has achieved a miracle given the way the cretins in our boardroom failed to back him, still worried those in charge will cash in on some of these youngsters in January, if ever Jenkins stepped out in front of my car, I wouldn't hesitate to run the bugger over!..............<ok>

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Phil - I think we can improve on what we've seen so far as long as lessons are learned, but you've had the best of your season early.

Warnock & Co have got to come up with something to take points (preferably all 3) of those teams around us and establish a consistent side - we are miles behind the top half teams.

I think Potter and Swansea have performed beyond expectations so far but the rigours of the Championship will tell - forget top 6, you'll be lucky to avoid the bottom 6.

Just an opinion mate - hope you prove me wrong. <ok>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  4. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Phil- genuine question (hence posting here and not on a Jack page)....

Jenkins kept you boys afloat and effectively rescued you at your lowest ebb and helped catapult you to your most successful period EVER in your history (7 top flight seasons and winning a major trophy (albeit against league 1 opposition you Jammy feckers... why couldn't we have got them instead of Liverpool
    Phil - genuine question (hence asking on here rather than the Jacks forum).

Jenkins kept you boys afloat and helped guide you to the most successful period in your history (7 top flight seasons and a major trophy win (albeit against league 1 opposition (Jammy feckers, how come we get Liverpool and you get Bradford? )))

Anyhow, he took nothing out of the club for years (I know this as a mate of my brothers worked for him and said as much)... so as much as I understand the dislike of the Yanks and their lack of understanding and investment, I genuinely don't get the hatred towards Jenkins.
    The guy cashed in and left you in a much stronger position than when he took over. Surely that's the sign of a good owner, despite the recent backwards steps?

I can see her didn’t leave you at the zenith of his reign but being left as a recently relegated Premier league club rather than a league 2 side (as you were when he took over) must surely be better?

He's not dicked around with your history like our owner did, so why so much hatred?
    Is it just (in some respects understandable) greed?

5. DragonPhilljack

No one has issues with him cashing in, it's who he cashed into, and how he deviously defrauded the supporters Trust in the bargain, and now we are left saddled with these incompetent Yanks, who are asset strippers by trade, as self confessed Venture capitalists. The guy is a selfish Bastard who put himself before the club and was not interested in due diligence in the sale, our loss of PL status was self inflicted by a corrupt boardroom, this has been proven in the case of two ex directors who sued and won their case, fictitious boardroom meetings, and fictitious minutes logged is just the tip of the iceberg regarding Jenkins, I am hopeful that the Trust will bring legal action, most discerning Jacks now want the Judas out.............<ok>

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    BrizzleBluebird likes this.
  6. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

he chose 2 take a bite from the forbidden fruit, yes he gained financially but lost his soul in the process.

what a jack bastard of a man

7. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that he put in 100k. or so and took a dividend after the first year into the Premiership, or so? Phil can confirm!!!

8. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

9. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Dai,
    That was a half-year interim dividend. I am not sure that they didn't declare a final one too in that year.

DaiJones likes this.
  10. BrizzleBluebird

Cheers for the info fellers. Just back off holiday and catching up again....

Phil- fair enough buddy, thanks for the honesty and insight :emoticon-0148-yes:

11. DragonPhilljack

No Problem, just to add when a man is on £600,000.00 salary a year before dividends and bonus's, then does this to the club, it can only be greed, because it wasn't as if he was not being rewarded handsomely, both Jenkins and his side kick Morgan have been the drivers for screwing our club over, Morgan had to sell, because his wife owns half the shares and was divorcing him for having an affair with a players wife (Nathan Dyer) there is no shame with this lot, and it has ruined our club and PL status, too much garbage and distraction, which led to arrogantly throwing money at bad transfers totalling £45 Million in loses, which we are now paying for, coupled with Idiot Yanks thrown in the mix..........<ok>

12. BrizzleBluebird

It is incredible how quickly (comparatively speaking) that things can change.
    Swansea were a model club for quite a few years yet a few years in the supposed promised land and it has all turned sour.

It certainly further reinstates my belief that being up here isn't the be all and end all, and that financial security and common sense must always take precedence over any dreams of "success".

13. DragonPhilljack

They took it all for granted had no sense of responsibility for the staff and City, only themselves. Ruined a winning formula, did not even build on it, ****ers the whole boardroom......<ok>

14. DaiJones

Never mind the banter, we all like a bit now & again but I feel for the true fans, just hope your trust keep them in check <cheers>

15. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Talk about throwing money about. Fulham have bought a pile of sh!t.

Huw Jenkins is a genius. How much did he get for Alfie Mawson.

All seriousness. Swansea fans just threw their toys out of the pram because they got relegated. Never seen a set of fans react so badly. Their own toxic support contributed to their downfall. How many managers have they driven out?

16. DaiJones

Not sure that Huw Jenkins is a genius more like Fulham throwing money around like it's going out of fashion.

Only goes to prove money will not ensure success.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  17. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Think Sparkey was quite insightful when he said Fulham would struggle if they tried to play in the prem as they played in the championship (just don't tell him I said). There are teams up here who can do it far better than they can.
    We've struggled to settle but seem to be slowly heading in the right direction. Not sure it will be enough, but it won't be for the want of trying. I think the Fulham confidence is well and truly shot.

18. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

Let's see where Fulham finish first. A long way to go. They may be one of the first to change managers and they have the players to improve.