1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic What’s everyone doing during the lockdown?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Some people are just Morons. Even in supermarkets I'm seeing groups of people that clearly aren't related in very close proximity.
    Not like there haven't been any warnings.....!<doh>

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

have got a new hobby … tea and cakes watching the contrails !!! and the build up of cloud that seems to be attracted to the area they passed through in the last few days counted 5 across the same bit of sky within an hour it had formed a streak across the horizons they had flown 2 hours later there patch's, small patch's of "cumulus " looking cloud which began to drift away. have seen lesser recurrences since...

3. johngalleyfan2

just finished my evening chores ..transplanted a few runner beans for sale 6 /7 for £5 [2 lots ] mine 5ftup the poles and some toms ...Shirley? I hope! along with some Alicante watered everything made some tea and settled down for the evening 2130 .. clear blue sky to W S W so checked WNW for sunset and 8 contrails what is going on over Wales!!! ...8 ….5 roughly E - W and 3 sort of SW - NE … what is going on, bring back lockdown....!!!!
    put some water in cold frame and disturbed a mouse... bet he is after my strawberries … will put out my humane trap tomorrow and see if field or wood mouse before I clear out cold frame to see if has a nest with young later in the week … have a wood mouse [ last 10 -12 years ] living in the rock basket 6 foot from patio door … that is enough will re home any others! in correct environment.

4. Angelicnumber16

I know, lets start queuing to get into Ikea at 05.00 and create a 1 mile queue.

I won't go to Ikea when there's no lockdown. I absolutely despise the place !

5. Angelicnumber16

I can send my Cat round if you like John. We've had 'presents' of several Voles and a Robin in the last week

6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I have just spent the last 30 minutes predicting my results for the rest of this season. As a small side note I would like to express my disgust at the idiots who decided to leave most, if not all, of their garbage at the many spots they visited over the last weekend and to hell with social distancing or using any of the brains they have left.<steam>

7. johngalleyfan2

.....that's 2 of us

arrrghh poor voles and more so the Robin.. saw the mouse [ fleetingly ] tonight under the gooseberries... I built a "cage" over the strawberries to stop the birds, BUT THINK THE MOUSE IS FEASTING!!! I will put down some bread and titbits under the gooseberries and see if it stops them / it! humane trap as well need to see what sort.

took me over a week! 12 teams mind! … be nice to see how it pans out … still have the end of season forcasts for a dozen of you will post them .. before the start of the end!

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I’ve just committed myself to building a brick summerhouse like this one in the corner of my garden.
    Probably a tad ambitious for my first bricklaying venture - but I’ve got the arched doors in today so there’s no going back!!!
    I’m going to put a bar in the corner and pipe internet into it for live streaming football!

01337512-C57B-4B04-B365-6B0E174111DA.jpeg

9. johngalleyfan2

how come you have a picture of my house?

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  10. johngalleyfan2

been doing some walks and finding a few "rariities" latest is Bath asparagus! took a few pics of butterflies birds foxes deer been rehoming some wood mice [ my house to the woods ]