1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

West Ham game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Jan 7, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Well done the lads for such a battling performance in a high profile game. We just needed a bit more composure (or luck) in the final third to cause the upset. I think we have a live chance in the replay as West Ham clearly underestimated us despite fielding a much stronger side than many anticipated. Ogogo and Godfrey bossed the midfield, Morris ran his socks off but I would give MOTM to Sadler who gave his finest performance for us. I will never forget his barnstorming run into the box even though Hurst (jokingly) attributed it to the knock on the head in his interview on Fivelive.
    This team is the real deal - no we do not create vast amounts of chances but Hurst and Doig have got many of these lads playing out of their skins and we defended our goal so well today that I cannot remember Deano making a save of any note. It is only an hour on the train to St Pancras from where I live so it is a first visit to the old Olympic stadium for me the week after next and, believe me , this tie is not over yet.

Matster likes this.
  2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Really enjoyable game and we could've won it at several points. Someone at work said that in the second half West Ham only had four touches in our goal area.

I would agree on Sadler, he was immense and mopped up most that came near him. The run he did at goal was also great to see, and I bet he started getting twitchy as he approached their goal area!

Let's hope the replay game will bear a decent result for us. Unfortunately we will only get Bournemouth or Wigan if we do beat the Hammers.