1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

We'll miss him when he's gone

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by ccfcremotesupport, Oct 4, 2019.

1. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

I know some / many are unhappy with the style of football we play at the moment. I'm ambivalent on the subject. On the one hand, he's done us proud, stabilised the club, got us promoted (and relegated), but plays a particular style which isn't always the most pleasing on the eye, signing 'his' type of player, better without money than with.
    I've enjoyed listening to Colin for a long time, way before he joined us, he's one of the characters in the game and there aren't enough of them.
    Despite this being his last season (ok, we've only got his word for it), there is no sign of him letting up.
    I hope it continues until the end of the season and that some other manager picks up the baton when he finally puts his tracksuit in the wardrobe for the last time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49938013

Bob Bank Blue likes this.
  2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We certainly will - both for the good he's done for the club, and the (allgedly) bad spectacle to watch on the pitch.

Read that he was very close to phoning Dalman and walking away from it all during that appalling performance against Reading.

If he gets any sort of result at The Hawthorns tomorrow, it'll establish the club as serious top 6 contenders and give everyone including him a huge boost.

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Colin has a very good point. Admitedly the League don't know which clubs will have players on international duty and where when setting out the fixtures but surely they must show some common sense when agreeing games for TV as they will have a clearer idea of the players concerned.

But as Colin says, do they care? The answer is, do they f**k.

I will miss him too when he ceases to be our pantomime dame. He has been great value for money in so many ways.

4. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

And he'll play on that with the players. A chip on both shoulders to keep us balanced, and drive out points we possibly don't deserve. :emoticon-0172-mooni

Limited in his coaching style, but one of the best man managers and motivators the game has seen.<cheers>

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

There are not many managers/players I would gladly invite to my home for dinner but Colin would be welcome at Chez BfB any time. And his good lady of course.

Track suit not allowed though.

He would be great entertainment.

Now that would be a great off topic thread. What 3 personalities, football or otherwise, would you invite for dinner.

A bit better quality than shag, marry, murder. <yikes>

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  6. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Why don’t you invite Masky over for a bite to ear BFB pal, we could chew the fat if Aber doesn’t take offence! :emoticon-0103-cool:

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Echo all that’s being said but I do yearn to see attacking football with more possession.

8. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Yes, he will be missed and celebrated for years to come for his contribution to the Bluebirds. He will be missed even more if the right replacement isn’t found.