1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Well, it's about time.....

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by Channonfodder, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

That we moved away from the "dark twisted heart" of, well, you know who, and perhaps look at the positives between Saints fans and Pompey fans. We are, after all, both South Coast teams. Both of which have a proud past.

Yes, and one of them has a proud future as well. I think you get the idea. A banter page for the more cerebral poster. Something for people who understand that to endlessly repeat something banal doesn't necessarily make it true, and potentially makes it less funny every time it's repeated.

(note to Pompey Mods; is there any way we can keep this thread invisible to him? I don't know, implement an intellect minimum requirement to view? I'll leave it with with you......

2. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

Oh dear, Channon am I getting under your skin?!<laugh> Try banning me from the Pompey board <laugh>

Great result today for the blues, I see you are on the slide as predicted !................<laugh> <laugh>

3. 3rd eye

3rd eye Well-Known Member

Thanks Channon <ok>

As it stands we all knew that being down here for a while is the best place to be - for a few reasons - it meant that the purchase of the club would be more reasonably priced for when we, the fans, put our own money into it and wrested it away from the dodgy ones, and it's the best place to be while we acclimatise to being owners and best place for our new directors to go on their learning curve, and, it's the best place to be while we start getting the infrastructure in place, ready for our climb up the leagues.

But you're right to point it out - we do have a proud future to look forward to as well. <ok>

4. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Bloody 'ell it looks like Southampton got the wrong striker.

5. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

'Dutch Ronnie' has stitched them up big time with what appears to be a rather poor signing in Graziano Pellè . Just because he played well for him in Holland, doesn't mean he will automatically be a successful striker in the Premier League. The Dutch league is very poor compared with our top level. His goalscoring record when he played in Italy was never that good.

Saints are desperately missing Rickie Lambert with his hard work ethic and good positioning, whereas from what I have seen of him on TV, Pellè expects the ball to come to him, he doesn't appear to want to go looking for a pass. Where are their goals going to come from one wonders. :emoticon-0112-wonde

6. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

36 more 0-0 draws would give them 37 points - should be enough to stay up <whistle>

7. Channonfodder

Where are the goals coming from? Well, don't forget that Rodriguez is due back in a couple of months and the window has not shut yet. We may well spend a few quid on a striker or winger yet. (When I say a few quid, I mean that as a figure of speech, rather than the more literal, PFC transfer budget "few quid"):)
    In the EPL, we have to worry whether we can hit the target with both barrels. At the depths they play, Pompey need be more concerned about depth charges!;)
    SM

8. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Bit touchy aren't you Channon ? You wanted a bit of banter between our two sides, so just speaking the truth......

Graziano Pellè is a crap buy by 'Dutch Ronnie', and poor old Rodriguez is crippled. Just saying <ok>

By the way, if you wan't Andros Townsend from Spurs, then they will want Morgan Schnidealin (spelling ?) in exchange. Seems like a fair swop to me.

Happy Days, eh ?!...........<cool>

9. Leading Fish in Hants

Leading Fish in Hants Active Member

Early days yet chaps. After all, we are still in August but I do perceive a change in fortunes at either end of the M3.

We at the blue end have had a good start to the season and are beginning to enjoy life again. We can perhaps be forgiven for taking all the positives after so many years of disappointment and dross.

Those at the stripy end, however, have had a number of years of growth and success and so can equally be forgiven for clutching at straws after the awful summer they have had. The wheels haven't fallen off yet but they are certainly wobbling!

10. Saint Possum

Saint Possum Well-Known Member

Good to see you Pompey fans are spending a little more time on the key boards this season, all of a sudden you win a few games in League 2 ( yes League 2 ) and you have a great team and ambition and that's with a lot of the players who couldn't kick a ball not long ago. Fair play most football fans are a little fickle. As for trying to have a pop at the Big Boys down the road, well that really does make me laugh, first when we sold 5 players for 90 million, it was our club collapsing and our owner selling up taking all the money with her lol and now the 50 million we have spent, (All our own money if you know what that means) means we are still falling apart lol. Your jealousy gets even more desperate and apparent as people read some of your comments. Lol lets hope you stay on a good run and make the play offs and have a chance of getting promoted as for most of my life as a saints fan from 1966 I have spent it looking down a table or two at Pompey and funny enough from England's Premier League. Happy Days. Keep up the good work boys but with less desperation to see once again the Big Boys Southampton FC fail LOL

11. 3rd eye

3rd eye Well-Known Member

But it's not really is it Possum - it's Frau Katarina's fortune, your sugar momma's fortune that you're spending.

And that's not jealousy - just a huge feeling of relief that we will never have to be dancing to someone else's tune again. :emoticon-0169-dance

You enjoy your mid-prem-table mediocrity while it lasts - because what goes up must come down before it can go up again (can't deny the laws of physics eh?)

12. pompeymeowth

Staff Member

The Marsupial is enraged!

please log in to view this image

13. pompeymeowth

Staff Member

Here's a sad Meowth to balance it out!

14. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

What a great thread !!! <party> <party>

Good Game, Good Game, hope you are playing it at home, as Sir Brucie would say <magic>

15. pompeymeowth

Staff Member

I'm wondering if Saint Possum has any Irish relatives.

The O'Possums!

16. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

You're on a roll now pm, you're on a roll !!

17. Saint Possum

Saint Possum Well-Known Member

Its great that you and the guys on 606 are not dancing to anyone's tune 3rd eye, now exactly what decisions have you guys made with the running of your club ?
    Until this nice little run your on all I was reading was despondent comments.
    I would as would 99.9% football fans take our Clubs situation over yours any day lol
    But you are right on "enjoy your mid-table mediocrity while it lasts - because what goes up must come down before it can go up again (can't deny the laws of physics eh?)[/
    So with your set up " Get ready for Conference League Football"

18. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Meeeeeoooooowwwww..........TAXI FOR POSSUM !!

19. pompeymeowth

Staff Member

20. Channonfodder

Not necessarily:)