1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Well done town fans............

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

2. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Depressing state of affairs. Heaven help the new manager!

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

The only thing that's depressing is that he is still in the dugout.

Why should our fans act with class when the manager has none whatsoever?

If you ask me, Mick has had an easy ride off the fans and I'm disappointed with the many who have no backbone and accept this mediocrity from a man whose own ego is bigger than his interest in the club.

4. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

It may sound silly but I think money is at the root of the impatience with many fans, they see the teams with billionaire owners buying success and they all want instant success. There is barely a honeymoon period any more. Two successive defeats and they are baying for the manager's head.

Having said that, Mick's arrogance towards the fans is childish stubbornness, you're well shot of him <ok>

Nuggets likes this.
  5. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

When the news broke that McCarthy was leaving I was listening to it in the car and the announcer said "McCarthy has had enough of Ipswich!!!!!!" I nearly crashed my bloody car at the sheer arrogance of that statement!

6. Westlake33

I don't think calling a manager a peado is acceptable...........................

The rest, absolutely no issue with. He's been saying X Y Z no issue people having a pop.

He shouldn't be here - however that's EVANS fault, and not his.

Anyone calling him a peado I don't want anything to do with. Same if it was Keane / any other manager.

7. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

If the reports are true and I have no reason to doubt them, then I agree that they should lay off Mick
    We have what we wanted and that is he is leaving, the season is over there is only half a dozen games to go so just ignore him and his stupid comments
    But this has made me raise a point that has irritated me for a long time and that is when people refer to ITFC as a family friendly club. We have all witnessed the foul mouth chants and the vitriolic abuse directed at away supporters, officials,players and this is when youngsters are present
    Now I'm no prude and foul language does not offend me but let's stop climbing on our moral high horse and rant about us being a family friendly club because we're not and never have been
    But I digress, there is no need for the paedo chanting. We have what we wanted he is leaving and the sooner the better so let's just leave it at that

I think after the match today at Wembley we will find out how soon the Cowley boys will be at Portman road which will speed up Micks departure

Westlake33 and itfcptc like this.
  8. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Calling Mick a paedo is clearly not on and unfortunately goes to show that there are idiot fans at all football clubs. I'm assuming they had too much to drink, but that's no excuse. If they want to stand all game after spending money to continuously slate McCarthy, then that's their right, but that type of atmosphere is hardly going to help the players on the pitch.

Let's keep some perspective here though and acknowledge it was the actions of a small minority and not indicative of our wider away support, which is generally fantastic.

San Diego and Westlake33 like this.
  9. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

No time at all for such idiotic minority,unfortunately all Clubs seem to attract them.

Westlake33 likes this.
  10. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

The situation should not have been allowed to get this far. Some of the abuse aimed at Mick in the last 2 years has been a bit close to the bone, but it has been with increasing regularity and now more and more hostile.

It boils down to some shocking handling of communications from the club, which has led some sections of fans to feel their only option is to throw as many toys out of the pram to get noticed.. And since they've started they've gained a few others and now feel vindicated in their approach.
    Mick then decided to call these idiots out with a few catty comments, which then became a bit more colourful and labels like "Numbskulls" are worn like a badge of honour for some of these pillocks, who now feel they have a voice, an identity and have got under the skin of a manager who could (and should) have been professional enough to either laugh it off or simply ignore it.

All in all, a poor reflection on our club and these 'fans' will hopefully sod off when they have less to moan about

itfcptc likes this.

11. Westlake33

I'd prefer people to vent at management at half time / after the game however if people have had enough - been antagonized by Mick which they have - no question despite him also receiving stuff too - however fine. Not how I'd handle it - though after Bristol City I made sure I stayed in the ground long enough and let various players, I think for the first time in my life know my true feelings about all things ITFC. Mind you, after 6 or 7 pints we're all a little different.....!

I draw the line at any idiot calling Mick a peado, or any other of our managers for that matter. What in gods name is wrong with some people.

San Diego likes this.