1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welcome to Swansea Ryan Woods

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swimaway, Aug 4, 2018.

1. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Do you recon their worse than Petty now? I do.

2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I think they are more calculating and making an awful lot more out of the club, it actually at this moment feels as bad as the petty times as I see a great club disintegrating again, I suppose at least we will still be in L1 after next season and not out of the league as it would have been then.

3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

The kid was ready to have his medical, but the club will not pay the £6.5 Million fee, Woods will not be coming to the Liberty, Joe Allen all over again, these Merrycans are bastards...............<ok>

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    trundles left foot likes this.
  4. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

5. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Without doubt . Petty was no fan of the Club , no platitudes no bullshit with him , but sold by our so called own to some shyster yanks with a record of failure when it comes to running a football Club .No doubt some will make excuses for the ****ers and be the first to say shut up when any meaningful protest gets going .Hopes with raised last Saturday and now this bag of pus

6. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

55282 likes this.
  7. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

If a single thread / week could encapsulate how Swansea is being run and being a Swans fan it is this

From speculation, to optimism, to pragmatism and back to reality with a fecking huge thud. **** u to all the board who sold us out without due dilligence. It is on your fecking heads.

Woods without knowing played a get out of jail free card. If he has any sense, he stays at Brentford :(

I am now consined to supporting the manager/staff and the players, but not the 'club'. That is unless we redifine what and who Swansea City FC is.

Question: Let it burn?

8. Rhodthesod

Rhodthesod Well-Known Member

I have to say I feel gutted. All my worst fears confirmed. No Centre Backs, no Woods no new striker WTF.

9. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Our club has gone & will not come back until these cvnts leave. Think we all understood the need to 'cut our cloth accordingly', we are now football league after all. But there is cutting the cloth & actually being 'raped'!! These vultures couldn't give a toss about our squad & the kind of investment required just to hold our own in this league. We might get someone in on loan, but probably nowhere near what is required to sustain a 46 game season. Potter has got some job on his hands, he did anyway!! But got a darn sight harder now. Another totally underwhelming, no sorry, disgraceful window. To the next level...

Think I'd even take league 1 now, to get rid of the asset strippers.
    Anyway, as long as the millions going out is helping to keep Wayne & Colleen in the lifestyle they've become accustomed, at good 'ol DC...

Rhodthesod and 55282 like this.
  10. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Disastrous window but I expected nothing less. They've sold our 'assets' and pocketed the cash.

11. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Actually what I suspect is happening is that following the overspending on player wages/salaries - as well as an overinflated cost base generally - means that the chickens have come home to roost.

Relegation means a huge collapse in Revenue and a need to slash costs quickly and raise cash via asset sales.

Without such actions, the Shareholders would either have to inject funds themselves or borrow from 3rd parties - and the latter may be both difficult and costly in the current circumstances.

12. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

I cant get my head around turning 8 mill down for Ayew then loaning him out for the season.

13. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

The mind boggles!!

14. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Hoping he has a good season so they can sell him for more next summer?

15. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Mate just txt me said the club suddenly realised hed been relegated for the last 6 seasons <laugh>

16. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Must be in competition with Fer <laugh>

17. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Actually it's not " our Club ", it's THEIR Club. They own it. They can do what they want with it. Sell it, burn it, give it away, etc. Theirs to do with as they please.

Now that may not sit very well with the fans' who loyally follow the Club, but that's the reality.

The football fan is just a customer.

18. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Brutal but true.

19. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

I was very hesitant to click on the post reply button, as I knew it would probably infuriate some people. But, hey, it is what it is, and all the teeth gnashing and anger isn't going to change anything. If people come to terms with that scenario and accept what is happening, or alternatively, move on elsewhere and support somebody else.

20. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Anger,blood boiling,hairs on back of neck slowly subsiding with the realisation that we cannot do fuk all about it.
    Unfortunately.