1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welcome To Liverpool FC, Jurgen Klopp!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Oct 7, 2015.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

It's hard to say. I agree on hoping we would be going better.

I kind of feel some of this is mental. At home we have been "ok" it should have been great but right now we have drawn 2 at home but only let in one goal at home in 5 games. If we had beaten Burney rather than drawn or that Matip chance went in v Utd... well we would be very good.

Away though.... won one, drawn two lost 2 and shipped 15 goals in 5 games, albeit 9 off city and spurs. Should have beaten newkie, threw late goal in v watford.

The issue for me is we just look brittle away and lack balance and shape.confience, mentality who knows.

We need to just man up and chase every point.

Really our season right now boils down to.... Watford draw, newkie draw, burnely draw. All 3 poor defensive errors and shape. Add 4 points and it's a pretty good start on 20 points.

In The end it's these little errors that have us drifting away from the top 4 and we need to cut them out. Fine margins.

Why have we lacked the commitment or mentality we showed from March to May last year..... I don't know but it's dissappointing

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  2. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Be honest Jimmy, will we be remembered for being runners up in those two cup finals or for finishing 4th last season, it depends on your version of "better", my version would be to win any cup final we reached or to finish higher season on season, to strengthen the squad in areas in need of strengthening with the funds given to me.
    But I wouldn't advocate getting rid of him, he might just get it right in time for next season, or even win a couple of cups this season and finish 3rd.:emoticon-0105-wink:

3. moreinjuredthanowen

All losers.

Imo the only place those finals will be remembered is in a stat page for those comps.

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  4. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I agree but in context, achieving two cup finals (one being in the Europa league) after joining in ocotober, no signings and a depleted squad was good progress.

Then getting CL on a budget and getting ahead of Arsenal and United was no small feat.

Whilst none of the above will be written in the history books or on the honour board, they are signs of progress in a relatively short period.

A couple more windows and this team could shape up to what Klopp wants. My gripe is he could have had a better squad by now.

organic red likes this.
  5. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

Honestly this is such a load of bull. Sorry Jimmy :bandit:

Of course we want to give Klopp more time. And there is hardly any better alternatives. But let's not kid ourselves that he's not had the opportunity yet.

This is all looking at this through rose tinted classes. We are talking 2 years not 2 months and yet we still are talking as if he's just joined us. In 2 years, we should either have the team we want or the core of that team and the system of that team established.

No one can argue that we are steadily making progress. We are worse than we were last season and no one can argue against that. We could always have excuses: we are doing well for the money spent (FFS when was that a good argument. we chose to spend less and if we spend nothing does that mean it is ok to finish in the bottom half?), transfer targets got mislaid and we couldn't get them, the defenders are much worse than we thought. Do we have a vision of what would be our final top team that is going to win the title by competing with City? I don't know about you but I don't.

I probably got out of the wrong side of the bed <yikes>

6. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Getting top 4 in his first full season is a progress in a short period.

And I agree that he should have had a stronger squad by now, and has had plenty of windows to bring in midfielders and defenders. I’m just saying that he probably needs a couple more windows to have a good first XI.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

Well if he fails to sign this January he will have missed 3 Windows to do work.....

8. LuisDiazgamechanger

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  9. moreinjuredthanowen

I think that is quite fair and nothing wrong what so ever.

Its down to LFC to prepare the clubs structures in a sustainable long term fashion... meaning gerrard was not put in u18s to be a job for the boys. Meaning the coaching development needs to be a led by knowledgeable senior figures.

what do we have.. michael edwards... great.

10. moreinjuredthanowen

I think that is quite fair and nothing wrong what so ever.

Its down to LFC to prepare the clubs structures in a sustainable long term fashion... meaning gerrard was not put in u18s to be a job for the boys. Meaning the coaching development needs to be a led by knowledgeable senior figures.

what do we have.. michael edwards... great.

11. LuisDiazgamechanger

AND I think it's sustainable.

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

This is our year, can't stop dreaming.

13. LuisDiazgamechanger

You are making Anfield a fortress again:emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0165-muscl<applause><applause>.

14. LuisDiazgamechanger

15. astro

astro Well-Known Member

16. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

£50 million for training facilities? That's more than Everton's stadium is worth.

17. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Who are Kev and Toby? Why are they in the tags?

18. moreinjuredthanowen

some guy spammed the tags on every thread going and the super mods disabled stuff. every thread had them and some.right libellous stuff but now even edit tags button is gone so getting rid.. well.. just cant

19. astro

astro Well-Known Member

It's twice what their new stadium is currently worth

20. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member