1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welcome To Liverpool FC, Jurgen Klopp!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I think I may have seen somewhere, some graph that suggested something about some players of yours sometimes escaping clear red card offences and scoring several offside goals, on occasions.. I think it might have been Astro, perhaps.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  2. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

That's just a blinkered opinion. We are talking hard facts here. Astro never comments on actual football. Just alternative facts twisted for his own ends. Sad really .

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

Is the honeymoon over for Jurgen Klopp?.

4. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Didn't expect from you Jigsaw namesake

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  5. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Is it time to change the tread title to 'You Can **** Off Now, Jurgen Klopp!' <laugh>

6. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Nah. Still have faith in him but it's obvious we have problems. Truth is l, I don't know who to blame for our inability to sign defenders. Was it Klopp being stubborn or was it FSG not working hard to sign deals? Are our scouts inadequate.

Klopp does well for the players he has. But why don't we have defenders? Whose fault is that? I don't know.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

My view is

a) its worse now than last year with the nearly same players available

b) we bought an LB and don't use him, preferring a guy we would not every play last year unless no other option.

c) we have one RB injured

d) we supposedly targeted ONE CB buy and failed when the majority of fans would target 3/4 buys in the area including no 6 position in front

so... add that up. were milner and clyne all that at the back? Is the balance of the team after ****ing even further forward meaning we are just totally open at the back this year? who bought robertson?? (Edwards??) then finally who decided we needed an LB and CB (joint or what) but not a GK, no 6 etc?

I know form my observations of the team that we are not as balance as last year and we are leaving huge gaps. I am seeing full backs firtually i nthe forwardline pressing and one pass exposing 2 or max 3 defendes to a 3v3 at times... no midfielder screening and so forth.

I think edwards bought robertson and klopp couldn't care less about him.

I THINK clyne being out is hurting a bit but not hugely... not so far at least.

After that... well.... it just doesn't feel solid to me. If Mourinho took us over tomorrow with the amount of monet we REPUTEDLY has this summer he'd buy down the team spine IMO GK, CB, CM (no6) ST. thats what he'd do. Reliable men he could build around. RIGHT NOW OUR SPINE IS MINGOLET, LOVREN, HENDERSON, FIRMINO.

What did mourinho do at Utd?

De Gea (keep him), Bailly, Pogba, Ibrahimovic

then he adds Lindeloff, Matic, Lukaku.

he's only bought one single flair player Mkhitaryan.....

now this is a diametrically opposite philosophy to klopp. all those signings are Very tall, strong and quick. They are all right down the spine and tough guys.

Klopp buys starts at LFC and immediately gets in Matip. his first signing is in effect a precontract within 3 months of arriving. tall elegant defender. but after that.....

Klavan and karius, robertson, solanke, grujic reserves....

Mane, salah, wijnaldum, oxo cube, and next summer keita... all tehcnical, ball at feet fast but small players. Only ox is powerful.

One might say of klopp's signings Matip, Salah and mane improve the first team, the rest really don't. then added to that the team is small, dominated easily and more focused on attacking than defending. win it back quick.. if we don't we are wide open and hoping to just delay the final shot lng enough for bodies to get back.

We then transition really fast, ignoring the fact a team might win it back off us fast so are then open if it should occur.

In other words klopps game plan is high risk high reward verses Mourinho's we will get one but we won't concede motto. (mourinho's teams then kill sides with pace and ability once they get the lead)

My view now on klopp is when the gamble is paying off its great but if anything is just a bit off it all falls apart like a house of cards

StanDMan likes this.
  8. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Good analysis.
    If I were Klopp, would go for that new Saints kid Lemina or femina? Great CM/DM.

You are 1 DM away from better consistent side

9. moreinjuredthanowen

any saints players yes :)

no seriously though... klopp's game needs far more intelligent and streetwise players than he has got.

eg.

1. Lovren. As jimmy would say. he is a panicker. he will just do something really stupid for no reason. If he played more simply and more clamly and put it in row z he would look a bette rplayer

2. Moreno. The boy is trying. very trying. He can go do several good things but then either ball watch or chase a nothing ball down with his Left side forward and just forget his defensive side totally. He is alos **** at blocking out crosses. Its a balance thing. he needs to focus on team shape

3. Can AND henderson. neither have intelligence. The amount of times they give it away sloppily playing blind passes or just plain silly nothing balls that are easy to defend is ridiculous. further as CMS neither pay attention to the CBs or thier fellow CMs positions and sit in. Henderson loves to press and chase... loves it. As a no 6 if he goes and another cb goes the back 4 are totally exposed. Can loves a run. just run with it and then stop and walk back.

My view is klopp just needs 3 things

1. First ball on transition must be quality and not risky. it has to be right or we are wide open. A header forward is NOT a time to see full backs going for the bomb on.

2. he needs players who cover each other and focus on good team shape.

3. He needs players who sprint back not walk back.

DirtyFrank likes this.
  10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

TL : DR

11. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

100% faith in Klopp. He’s a quality manager and the perfect man for this club.

Look at the quality of our targets - granted, we may not have landed them all but it’s a far cry from when we signed Lambert and Lallana after we got CL. Now we’re getting players like Salah and targeting Lemar, VVD and Keita.

Now, this doesn’t mean he’s perfect and immune from criticism. I expected him to have been more ruthless with some of the dross in the team. And I wish he was quicker in getting new players rather than waiting for the perfect target to become available.

But we have seen big improvements under Klopp - cup finals, Big wins against the top teams, top 4 qualification.

Our attack is better than last year - I stand by this, we’re still the third top scorers in the league despite missing Mane for a couple of games as well as Coutinho, creating chances at will. It’s only a matter of time when it fully clicks.

The midfield is the same. Not good enough.

Defence is still **** defensively but now we have attacking options. For all the criticism of Moreno, he has linked very well down that left side which has helped us create chances, especially against low block teams. Robertson and TAA will do the same as well.

Our bench looks a lot better now - Ox, Sturridge, Solanke, Moreno/Robertson, Gini and Lallana to come back.

Overall, I think we’re better and we have played better football as well - despite the results, we have played good football and we have deserved to win every match bar City.

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

V.good post but had to highlight those two; they're about on par with each other. Plus, we targeted players like Robben supposedly <whistle>

13. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

He's played three games for us, so we are now ready to lose him to Anfield. <laugh>

Milk not bear jizz and luvgonzo like this.
  14. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

It's all about the central midfield.

Just not good enough either individually or as a unit. As Mito says...neither have an ounce of game intelligence between them.

They remind me of a ****ter Rooney....ball chasers.... that demented Jack Russell who bright eyed scampers towards the ball tongue hanging out sideways.

I honestly think our defence wouldn't look as bad and panicky if not constantly fearing the exposure our ****e midfield throws at them.

It's the same at set pieces...zonal aside we losethe second ball because our midfielders are clueless and our defenders are now in a state of perpetual terror.

So...

Buy 3 sensible ...not flashy midfielders who have awareness of what to do when they don't have the ball and we'll look a hell of a lot more solid.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  15. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Aa for Klopp his main weakness in my mind is positivity to the point of lunacy regarding players. I think he believes he can improve some players and is loyal because they don't cause ****.

Sometimes you just can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

16. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

He reminded me of Wanyama with an offensive nous too. Kid will go places.
    So logical that he may move to your parent club in Merseyside.

17. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

They liked him in Italy, but had better in front of him so let him go. He does remind me of a sort of Wanyama/Sniederlin mix.
    You can only get away with a **** hair dye job if your good, so I'll give him that.

18. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The same issue at the back and midfield, you have to have partnerships all over the park, the forwards get it and have it Coutinho will link up the forwards and there's an understanding. There's no understanding in the middle or at CB.

DirtyFrank likes this.
  19. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Agree with the most part of this except for a few:

Too early to tell on your attack. Palace and Burnley have restricted your sides to very low goals, no one knows how it would have finished at City but a 3rd way through the match you hadn't scored yet. Watford you were pretty clinical unlike the palace and Burnley match. Arsenal are arsenal you always smash them at anfield recently.

This isn't too dis-similar to last year when you were dominating teams and not finishing chances when they came to park the bus. Your attack is brilliant when people take the game to them and it was last year, but we haven't seen you really do it against a team parking the bus yet which you struggled all last season, especially when mane was out.

Not sure you can defend Moreno yet or TAA. They have looked horribly exposed and even you think you need more balance (i.e. some defence). These two do not give you that as they cannot defend.

Not sure you're bench is any stronger. We'll see if Ox is that bench player, think you're blinded by his name so far. Sturridge hasn't been a decent bench player in a while. He used to be deadly and quick. The few times i've seen him this year hes lost that burst and he dilly dallies on the ball too much. Solanke too is too early to tell whether he's a better bench player than Origi.

You have played better football than post january. I'm not sure we can say the same pre december as you were simply scintillating and scaring teams. I think you'll play better though now that coutinho has been re-integrated and it'll be interesting to see how you guys do with him in that playmaking role.

20. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Crisis, what crisis? All about expectations - as we didn't buy a CB nor a DM in the summer I'm sure I'm far from the only one who who never expected a realistic challenge on the title this year, although I was still hoping to be in the mix up till Christmas. That won't happen. I think the 'panic; is over our underwhelming start in the easiest CL group we could have got, and false comparisons with City, Uniturd, Chelsea and Spurs. The former was always going to be strong this season, Unitard too (though be fair, they've only been tested once this season by a team Chelsea hosed 0-4), Chelsea will vie with City for the title as hazard gets fitter, and Spurs are always one injury or suspension away from a bad patch.

All that said, I think our only path back to the CL next season will be through the Europy if we're dumped from the CL, and even if that scenario comes about it'll be ludicrous to suggest we'd get another group as 'easy' as this one. I said fifth or sixth this season at the start of it, and despite the inconsistencies and 'surprise' losses to come, we're still capable of thumping the odd top four team during the season, wait and see. The most worrying thing so far though was the utter collapse against City after Mane got sent off: contrast this with how City reacted when they had Walker dismissed against Everton. There's a feebleness of will and spirit that strikes deep in this club though, and the likes of Hendo, Can and Windy just come nowhere near to addressing it.

Hmm, maybe it is a crisis...:emoticon-0101-sadsm

BobbyD likes this.