1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Discussion

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, May 28, 2021.

1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pontus saying Leeds is still one of his favourite clubs, he said he loves Leeds.

2. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Hope they go straight back down, that Thomas Frank is a gob ****e.
    Giving medals out with handshakes?

Irishshako, Doc and ristac like this.
  3. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Curious why? Do Leeds fans not like him or something? He did well for you no?

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  4. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Thank **** that **** Cooper came a cropper, can’t stand looking at his ugly mug

leeds down south likes this.
  5. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Got a bit above his station, didn’t think Bielsa’s rules applied to him. Thought he could return from holiday after everyone else and paid the price.

Bit of a bad apple, no room for egos in a Bielsa squad, so he had to go, and at a cut price.

I don’t mind him tbh. Did well while he was at Leeds. Think he regrets not adhering to the rules. Wouldn’t get in the side now anyway, and he’s finally made it to the PL, so all parties happy.

6. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

I don't know about others. Yes, he did do well - then he rocked the boat

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Kalvin Phillips was sharing notes with Harry Winks on a Marcelo Bielsa-Mauricio Pochettino comparison in the stands at Elland Road earlier this month.

While Leeds United were on their way to a 3-1 win over Tottenham Hotspur three weeks ago, Phillips spent most of the game in the John Charles Stand waiting to get on, Winks was in a similar boat with the Tottenham Hotspur squad and the pair took their chance to trade notes on two of the most intense coaches in the game. “His desire, his dedication to the football, it’s beyond anyone that I’ve ever read about or met,” Phillips said of Bielsa.

“And the only few people I’ve heard that are close to him are obviously Pep [Guardiola] at [Manchester] City and Pochettino, who’s now at PSG.”

Speaking to GQ, Phillips also said he had spoken to Eric Dier, Phil Foden, John Stones and Kyle Walker about their respective bosses.
    Phillips said Foden, Walker and Stones described Guardiola as similarly obsessed with understanding each different team his side plays and unlocking them.

“I was speaking to Eric Dier and Harry Winks, because I was on the bench for our last game against Tottenham, and Harry was saying Pochettino is exactly the same
    Phillips also spoke more about his dream of playing in Europe with his boyhood club.

“I want to be a player that’s got a lot of games to his name, but I want them to be games that mean something,” he said.

“And I want to play in the Europa League, the Champions League. With Leeds, and the way that we’re heading, there’s no reason why we shouldn’t.”

8. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Does anyone of a certain age care about the European cup.
    Thought I'd try and watch the game because I've a free bet builder. Talk about powder puff players going down from the minimum of contact. Worse is that the ref can be fooled.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Shaks you are not allowed to say “Puffs” you will get cancelled mate <cheers>

Irishshako likes this.
  10. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What impact will the last 15-16 months have on the Sum
    C'mon mate, he is our Captain

FORZA LEEDS and leeds down south like this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I will just add that the German Kruat, Werner misses goals for fun and should have scored 3 in the first 15mins.

12. Irishshako

<laugh> fairies then<whistle>

OLOF, wakeybreakyheart and Doc like this.
  13. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

You must report to the cancel culture headquarters for re training by Tuesday at 9 a.m. :police:

OLOF, wakeybreakyheart and Irishshako like this.
  14. Irishshako

<diva>

15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well Pep may be the best manager in the world, but was out-managed last night. Tommy 2Coats parked the bus and attacked fast when got the chance. City had one shot on target in 97mins, Chelsea could have been 3 up inside 15mins. Worst performance Ive seen from City, we they shell shocked, overawed or just had a collective bad night. How many chances did Kante snuff out, what a player he is and maybe the reason Chelsea won

16. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

L
    Like us with kalvin at his best then. Plus that clogger city have was not used to hack anyone down.

17. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Can you still buy Sugar puffs, or have they been cancelled like coon cheese?

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Sheff Utd paid £20m+ for Rhian Brewster. Brewster had a fantastic reputation when out on loan to Swansea where he scored 10 goals from 20 games. His International record was also pretty good. England U 16s 4 from 4, U17s 20 from 23, then fell away in the U18s and U21s not scoring a goal?

if we look at Joe Gelhardt and Sam Greenwood we can see a good comparison:
    Joe for England U16s scored 3 from 6, U17s 12 from 15 and U18s 4 from 6 so superior to Brewster in some respects except actual EFL football. Sam Greenwood scored 12 from 15 for the England U16s and 3 from 5 for the U17s, so not as prolific as Joffy but still very impressive.

I think calls from some of us (including me) that Bielsa lets Joffy have a go should be maybe tempered a bit, because maybe Bielsa knows whats best for the kids and doesnt want a crisis with them like the blunts have got now with Brewster?

foolee and LeedsInHeaven like this.
  19. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Think you’ve got it doc. Kids mature at different ages. It’s true that works beaters like messi and Ronaldo were outstanding as kids and good enough to star in top flight football as teens. But there’s plenty that show promise early and falter... and plenty that are slower burners... some of it is talent, some is physical maturity some of it is mental maturity and ability to learn systems and understand responsibilities. It isn’t one size fits all and the step up from junior levels and 23s to top flight pro football is huge.

Sometimes it seems obvious watching 23s to think someone is a stand out, but these lads train with the first team and the management see them daily. They’re going to be better placed to say when someone is ready than we are

20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Real Madrid have just enforced a 10% salary cut right across the club, including players. They now realise that if they are to compete this season they need to make massive savings so:
    • 10% cut to players wages
    • Sell up to 8 high earning top players who will bring in up to £80m minimum
    • Only sign free agents and on reduced wages
    The annual player wage bill is £220m just for the first team and Gareth Bale’s £650k per week or £34m isnt included in this years bill. So the reduction in wages will reduce costs by at least £22m and if they can bring in another £80m in transfers that will be around the total value of the Leeds Utd squad. Football is fkd

Last edited: May 30, 2021