1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

There is the 5 substitutes factor though this season.

Against Brighton (h) Shackleton came on and didn't let anyone down, in fact with the added time he played for 30 mins in one of our most important games of the season.

Guess what I'm saying is we'll always need a few squad fillers and they need to be reliable when called upon.

blonogasoven and Gessa like this.
  2. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

Whitejock likes this.
  3. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

4. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I get that from a squad point of view. I'm actually thinking of them as players. They are both still young but aren't kids anymore. For the sake of their careers they need to get to a level where they are first choice, get a good run of games under their belts and see how good they actually are.

They won't get that here. It's almost cruel to keep them for 10 or 15 minute's here and there. If they are truly good enough they will prove it by playing consistently enough elsewhere.

5. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Because victor has been running the club.

6. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Loaded with money. How much are they on per season/year. Ten years with that money is more than a lifetime to us.

7. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Most still want to actually play.

8. Poly

Poly Well-Known Member

No option to send out on loan ?
    (which is what we'll end up doing)

I'd take £3 million for him.

9. Poly

Poly Well-Known Member

But whether he's good enough to play first team football in the Prem is NOT determined by his height.

NostradEmus likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Tyler Adams bid happening today

His injury list has been mentioned so did some digging.

21/22 season missed 4 games with 2 separate injuries.
    20/21 season missed 5 games with 2 separate injuries.
    19/20 season missed 13 games with 3 injuries.
    18/19 season missed 14 games with 3 injuries
    I also noted that most of the games missed in 18/19 and 19/20 were the same injury that he got in 18/19 that he didnt recover from until nearly half way through 19/20 season.

So the injury record over the last 2 seasons is pretty good really, but he was on a sick bed a lot in the 2 seasons before that especially with a big injury. You have to say that if we are wanting him we will be aware of the serious injury 4 seasons ago and his medical will be thourough?

foolee and Aski like this.

11. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

So haven't looked into anything about Tyler Adams, but keep hearing he is injury prone. Given that this story about him joining us is gaining momentum, thought I'd have a look and see how bad his injury problems are.

Tyler Adams Injury history

21/22Thigh Problems Games Missed 2
    21/22Muscular problems Games Missed 2
    20/21Back trouble Games Missed 4
    20/21Medial Collateral Ligament Injury Games Missed 1
    19/20Torn Muscle Fibre Games Missed 3
    19/20Adductor problems Games Missed 3
    19/20Fitness Games Missed 7
    18/19Adductor problems Games Missed 4
    18/19Adductor problems Games Missed 8
    18/19Back Injury Games Missed 2

So on average over the last 4 seasons he has missed 10 games per season, however this is skewed slightly due to a persistent injury 4 years ago, and on average he missed 5 games due to injury over the last 2 seasons.

So when compared to our present squad,

Average number of game missed (due to injury) over 4 seasons and 2 seasons - Based on data acquired from transfermarkt.com, so I am sure there will be some mistakes ;)

Llorente - 42 games over 4 seasons - 19 games for last two seasons ( average 10.5 games per season. Leeds career 9.5 games per season)
    Koch - 45 games over 4 seasons - 37 games for last two seasons ( average 11 games per season. Leeds career 18.5 games per season)
    Struijk - 6 games over 4 seasons - 6 games for last two seasons ( average 1.5 games per season)
    Cooper - 37 games over 4 seasons - 24 games for last two seasons ( average 9.25 games per season)
    Firpo - 33 games over 4 seasons - 10 games for last two seasons ( average 8.25 games per season, Leeds career 5 games per season)
    Ayling - 20 games over 4 seasons - 11 games for last two seasons ( average 5 games per season)
    Dallas - 19 games over 4 seasons - 5 games for last two seasons ( average 4.75 games per season)
    Philips - 27 games over 4 seasons - 27 for last two seasons ( average 6.75 games per season)
    Roca - 12 games over 4 seasons - 11 for last two seasons ( average 3 games per season)
    Klich - 1 games over 4 seasons - 1 games for last two seasons ( average 0.25 games per season)
    Aaronson - 4 games over 4 seasons - 4 games for last two seasons ( average 1 game per season)
    James - 12 games over 4 seasons - 6 games for last two seasons ( average 3 games per season. Leeds career 0)
    Harrison - 2 games over 4 seasons - 0 games for last two seasons ?? ( average 0.5 games per season)
    Raphinha - 17 over 4 seasons - 2 games for last two seasons ( average 4.25 games per season. Leeds career 0.5 games per season)
    Rodrigo - 31 games over 4 seasons - 14 games over 2 seasons ( average 7.75 games per season. Leeds career 7 games per season)
    Roberts - 13 games over 4 seasons - 13 games over 2 seasons ( average 3.25 games per season)
    Bamford - 54 games over 4 seasons - 30 games over 2 seasons ( average 13.25 games per season)

The other thing I noticed whilst compiling the above, is that for all the players that joined us after we won promotion to the EPL, only Koch's injury record got worse, all the other players were either the same as before they joined us, or showed a slight improvement. Now given that there have been numerous comments about Biela's training regime being responsible for our numerous injury problems, for the majority of players that joined us halfway through his tenure, most show either no change to their injury record, or a slight improvement. For those players who were with us when MB joined, its hard to compare pre MB, as most injury records on transfermarkt.com are incomplete for historic data.

Edit : Doc has already posted something similar, but am leaving my post as is, due to the comparison data contained within the spoiler section, for those who like stats ;)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    Infidel, Whitejock, foolee and 2 others like this.
  12. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

to add to the above...

last 2 seasons Camara missed 2 games (from a 10 day hamstring injury last year)

Roca missed 5 games (45 days - pre-season ankle injury) last year and 6 games (24 days) the season before - by missed games this means missing his place on the bench as he wasn't playing regularly

for comparison:

Phillips missed 16 games (99 days) last season and 7 games (53 days) the season before

I summary in order of least games missed:

camara
    adams
    roca
    phillips

foolee and Doc like this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Good Google work mate and I guess these missing games will include suspensions? And we’ve had plenty of them from Ayling, Struijk, Cooper, Phillips over the last couple of seasons

foolee likes this.
  14. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

it doesn't include suspensions actually doc... i just checked transfermarkt which has seperate listings for injuries and suspensions.

Just looked at suspensions and it reminded of something i'd forgotten. Camara had a 3 month doping ban last year <laugh><laugh>

I checked it out when we were first linked, apparently he and another player were given altitude sickness drugs on international duty... which turned out to be on the banned list... so accidental rather than a sign he's a juicer!

Doc likes this.
  15. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Marcos Barber likes this.
  16. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Whilst Tyler is a Leeds player he has my support.

Marcos Barber likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

As expected