1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, May 13, 2022.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Everton 2 players sent off and now have their England striker with a hamstring injury. 1 minute to go Everton 2-3 Brentford <laugh>

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

He has great close control. As someone pointed out if raphinha had made that goal it would have added 10m to his value. Nobody else was going to create anything

bucks_is_leeds and Doc like this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So why is that Radz fault? When we first got promoted how much did you expect us to spend on new players, I thought around £50m with zero sales.

Under Monk everyone said Orta out. Bielsa came in and everyone was praising Orta saying the players were not so bad afteral.

Season one ends in the PL and fans think Rodrigo is great, Raphinha, Llorente a bargain and better than Ben White and along with Meslier those three are world class and when some other team scouts Orta they get worried, fans truly believe we can push top 6

Now another season on and because Bielsa refused to spend in January Radz is the devil, I honestly can't even begin to see why.

I always try and respect others opinions and see it through their eyes, I try to look at their arguments and it makes me question my own opinions but abusing Radz today and thinking it is okay, I am a million miles away from understanding it.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  4. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

They were also chanting Marcelo Bielsa which suggests to me that they weren’t singing sack the board because of a lack of investment but because they sacked Bielsa.

Jammy 07, Gessa and ristac like this.
  5. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Didn't like that, very disrespectful to Marsch, regardless of what you think of him

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Love this and for me he is good enough just needs some minutes instead of sitting on his arse. No ther Leeds player except maybe Raphinha could do this in the 92nd minute of a season defining match. Too good to go out on loan…

7. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Gets better the more you watch it.

FORZA LEEDS and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If we go down, Joffy needs to play as many games as possible in the Championship with us

If we stay up, we need to bring in a new striker to fight Bamford for a start and Joffy needs to go out on loan but with a recall clause until December and then review

9. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

So who's Fatty going to complain to this week.

Doc likes this.
  10. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Christine :emoticon-0136-giggl oh and the cat had better watch out too <yikes>

bucks_is_leeds, ristac and Gessa like this.

11. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I don't think Joffy is good enough (yet) to be a starting striker in a Championship winning side.

Certainly if we go down I think we might need a more physical and experienced presence up top if we want to bounce back.

I agree though, from his point of view, its best if we stop up and he gets sent back to Wigan on loan for the season. Once he gets 30 or 40 starts under his belt he won't be outplayed as easy by the likes of Dunk today. He will dictate the play rather than allowing Dunk to do it to him.

bucks_is_leeds and ristac like this.
  12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think I will be able to watch the scores on Thursday night

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  13. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Buck stops with Radrizzani. Orta finds three players, and Bielsa picks one.

We know Bielsa likes wafer skin squads. I strongly believe Bielsa told him that he was happy with the players he had, until Dan James become available, and Radz couldn't part with his cash quick enough. Radz should have had more control over Bielsa and made him accountable from the beginning of the season.

The worst thing we could have done was to beat West Ham in January. Had we won, we would have bought players in.

NostradEmus likes this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Merson says to Stelling that was brilliant, if Messi had done what Gelhardt did we would all be screaming. Stelling to Merson, the kid is brilliant and has been for a while and deserves a chance…..

15. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Please don’t include me in that praising “Orta” bit that is one thing I have never done, I’m not that keen on Radz but he did pull leeds out of the dung heap but Orta is just a wage thief to use a well worn phrase
    In my opinion

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

<applause>

17. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wow if Radz had of changed the way he did things with Bielsa after the previous three seasons and Bielsa had walked because of it I can imagine what the reaction would be.

18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry "Everyone" is a bit of a throw away remark and I am with you on Orta I have never liked him and before Bielsa I wanted him sacked but there were LOTS of fans singing his praise. I did wonder if he wasn't so bad after the first season or two and the Bielsa/Orta combination was working

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

YEP still has Leeds as favs for relegation according to supercomputer. What a shytshow season, well done Board of Directors

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thursday mate, as long as Villa beat Burnley I’ll feel safer. It’s only because of the games in hand they have. If Palace beat Everton it will be even better as then on Sunday when we’re 3-0 up with 1 minute to play I can cheer Burnley on for a win ;)

I’m still fuming that Man U and Chelsea lost to Everton or if we’d had avoided defeat when they were playing poor we’d be virtually safe

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    foolee, southernwhite and Doc like this.