1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Apr 29, 2022.

1. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Dallas and Rodrigo are also wingers by trade.

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

They are however all Leeds Utd wingers Este :emoticon-0148-yes: and need offloading or whatever Marsch decides to do

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maybe I’m expecting too much too soon because of what Bielsa did first season, I don’t know, it’s just something doesn’t seem right at the minute. Several players seem very despondent, it’s almost like they don’t believe in Marsch.

2 pennth and Doc like this.
  4. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

The thing that doesn't seem right at the minute is we are about to play 3 of the top four teams in the league and we need points. I'm hoping for a win today/ tomorrow. Bielsa did an amazing job and Marsch so far has turned free falling into a bit of a bounce. When we have got through the next three games we will see where we are, we need some points from these games, starting today/ tomorrow.

ristac, Doc, ellandback and 1 other person like this.
  5. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

well it certainly could be that rich or they could just be sh*tting themselves because they’re in a relegation battle. The body language wasn’t brilliant in the later times under bielsa.

bielsa did what he did after a full pre-season and is someone who doesn’t like joining clubs mid season or making January signings because of the amount of time it takes to get them ready to play his system… and it’s not just fitness.

6. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Form before Marsch

Pl 7 - Won 1 - Draw 1 - Lost 5.

Form after Marsch

Pl 7 - Won 3 - Draw 2 - Lost 2.

It doesn't look like he has lost the dressing room just yet.

The amount of doom and gloom and **** stirring on here recently has been exhausting. And that's from a critical guy like myself!

We all know it's been a poor season, we all know the players need improving or replacing.

We are unbeaten in 5 in the toughest league in the world. That takes some doing regardless of who you play. Picking up points is a habit and Marsch has got that going. He has given us a chance of survival at least.

For now, everyone should try and get behind him instead of speculating about his relationship with the players. We've got all summer to criticise what he might or might not do. I understand its a forum and it's about opinions but an increasing amount of opinions are just regurgitating what the gutter press are saying as they try to destabilise situations to sell stories.

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Must be a culture change taking place at the club, even if only on the type of player JM wants in future and what he wants his present squad to do. In simplistic terms we can all moan about not having enough midfielders etc and who was to blame for that, but what we do know is Bielsa loves wingers, so Orta got him winger after winger and now we have loads. JM uses half wingers which means we are not getting the best out of Raphinha. Harrison gets it a bit and manages to come inside more, ut Raphinha doesnt seem to want to.

So the cultural shift is going to be what JM does with James, Harrison, Summerville, Poveda, Costa, McKinstry and Miller. The last 2 will get another season in the 23s I would imagine, but who knows about the rest. I assume Raphinha will be gone, but is Summerville able to play half wing I would say deffo and still score goals, but is he good enough for the Prem next season. Poveda you would think needs moving on as well as Costa. You would hope Dan James could take over from Raphinha and play narrow as well as wide? Is Harrison the man for the left?

So for 3 and a half seasons the squad is built around wingers and now we are stuck with loads and a lack of quality in the middle….. for now

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Marsch likes to play 4-2-2-2 mostly or in transition 4-2-3-1 and in the good old days of 4-4-2 everyone knew a winger was a midfield position

if we assume we know our back 4 and then say at the moment we have Forshaw and Phillips as the 2, we then need 2 and 2 from Rodrigo, Klich, Harrison, Raphinha without looking at a couple of strikers. Its mostly wingers, so believe we dont have the right balance and that can only come in the transfer window?

9. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Not sure what was quoted elsewhere Rich but the interview I read , he said 'we' twice' and 'we at Leeds' once, can't find the link now to post it.

FORZA LEEDS and Jammy 07 like this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Rodrigo was fuming when he got hooked. His face was red and he was pushing peoples hands away as staff were trying to fist bump him. He wasnt happy and wish I could lip read but think he was peed off because he never got a pass from a team mate was chasing shadows and as nobody played well or did their job why was he hooked.

ristac likes this.

11. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Post of the week have to agree with you. No one on here has a clue what the mood at the club is. We will see today if the lads come out fighting. Not the coaches fault we could not pass a ball at palace. I for one am looking forward to todays game.

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Winger Amari Miller to striker Mateo Joseph Fernandez and touch to Sean McGurk. Boom, fast, accurate and deadly. Last night

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

On the U23 thing we have had 4 seasons of coaching the whole academy in Bielsaball, what is the plan now? At least the 23s have finished now and just waiting to see how Chelsea get on in their last 2 games. All change you would expect in the academy and coaching?

14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Ell also quoted it on a Breakfast Debate mate, I’m sure Bucks picked up on it too

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’m behind him, just like I’m behind Firpo when he pulls on a Leeds shirt but it doesn’t make me believe he is any good. Just like I’m behind Roberts when he plays but I don’t believe he’ll actually contribute towards a goal.

Marsch and player relationships, there is nothing to speculate mate when you see a touch line argument between him and players.

16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Was talking to a Leeds fan this morning. As old as myself and he was hoping Philips and raphinha would go and we’d get 150m. Add another 100m and do a big rebuild. As I pointed out you would first have to replace those two. Even if we could find as good what are the chances of them signing for us or the likely cost. His answer was the old nugget that a couple of the u23’s could be up to the job. Give me strength <doh>

17. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’d take £150m for the pair to be honest with you. I’ve always been a huge fan of Phillips but without Bielsa I think we could replace him easier (easier not easily). Raphinha is great when he is on fire but we’ve had far more poor matches this season.

KP might be excused a little as he has been out longer but Raphinha has played a huge part in a team struggling at the wrong end of the table.

As it stands at this very moment in time every player is far easier replaceable now than they were this time last season

bucks_is_leeds and Eireleeds1 like this.
  18. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

FAEC19A0-B449-43B8-823E-1E5C7DA9691E.jpeg
    Reminds me of that old sit com

wakeybreakyheart and Eireleeds1 like this.
  19. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

You know Ell's quotes get distorted, EA's license :emoticon-0105-wink:

Jammy 07 and ristac like this.
  20. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

If it was the interview he did this week he said we when talking about leeds in general and only said leeds in one part of the interview when asked a specific question about leeds.