1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Debate - Sat 12th Oct - Int Break

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Hate International breaks because we don't get to talk about how useless Bielsa is <laugh> And hardly anyone gives a toss about Wales and Scotland, but we support young Alfie and Stuey and the NI lads but barf when BPF screws up now he's a premier league keeper. Feel sorry for Tyler Roberts and Cooper but if I were them I would say I was injured. Remember that gigs did that for 10 years. Alioski and Klich .....

W3e have plenty of kids playing over this period too and Kun plays for Bulgaria, Nohan Kenneh had a stormer for England in a 3-3 against Germany, we have jack Clarke, Fast Eddie and plenty more and even Mujica for the Spanish kids. Good luck to them all and I believe Meslier is France keeper this weekend due to Spuds keeper doing his arm in.

Talking points this weekend:

1. The idiot known as Shaun Harvey who this week told the world that he had set up the caribou Cup Draw to made on the Space Station. How many class A drugs were found on him?
    2. Some brilliant stats released this week showing quite clearly that the best 2 teams in the division are Fulham followed by Leeds Utd. Possession stats show Fulham 63% and Leeds 61% average over 11 games with the rest miles away. Shots per game is Leeds with 16.6 and Fulham with 15 average over 11 games and the rest a mile away. Yes we know what our problem is on conversions as we have only scored 15 in 11 games.
    3. Fantastic insight into the workings of Victor Orta. I mentioned earlier in the season that Orta had signed a contract with an analytics outfit and he uses this outfit when he needs a player looking at and most importantly looks at young players who he feels could make it big in the future. He has an algorithm looking at 80 different stats, and these stats are based around his own experience and the experience and requests of Bielsa. So the analytics outfit bespoke the algorithm for Leeds Utd and then Bielsa, Corberan, Phil Pryce and Orta sit down and go through every potential target. The analytics are then used as a 70% guide to decide yes or no and the final 30% is based solely on experience. I find this part of our club to be leading edge. I wonder if they can now choose a player who will not get homesick like Sam Dalby who we sold to Watford after spending a long time chasing him. Jordan Stevens another potential superstar who got lonely and started gambling. Or even Grot who was lonely and felt suicidal. The upshot of this though must be the input of Bielsa as long after he goes the algorithm will still be Leeds Utd's
    Have a great weekend and hope Wakey loses his cherry in Greece

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Fast Eddie has already scored 0-1 England 6pm Friday

southernwhite likes this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Finished 2-2 to Slovenia away a bit of a crap result

4. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Not a fan of international breaks either.

Did BPF screw up? No chance with any of the goals yesterday. MOM last time out against Germany. I’m sure he’s pretty content with his international career and premier league pay cheque!

OLOF likes this.
  5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

It’s funny actually, saw severals on social media blaming BPF for all the goals. If he was still with us he wouldn’t have been to blame for any of them

LeedsLover likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

This Southgate England side is garbage at the back. Should have played Walker and Rose. 2nd half and still 1-1 so far

7. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

2-1 Czech Rep :emoticon-0127-lipss

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

defending crap, and all because crap defenders forgot how to play it out from the back. Rose and Walker required and maybe Moyes should take over from Crapgate, that was humour

9. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0127-lipss O'h go on then yes it was crap

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  10. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Average players joke manager

No surprise at the result Doc tbh

Can’t stand any of the overpaid primadonnas so don’t really care :biggrin:

11. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

I think you need to watch the highlights Milky.

12. milkyboy

We didn’t concede a goal last year that wasn’t his fault - whether he played or not

No commentators blamed him for the goals, no match reports I’ve seen... Seriously, only a muppet would blame him for the goals.

No malice intended LL :biggrin:

Whitejock and OLOF like this.
  13. Eireleeds1

He was awful against Birmingham. I was at that one

14. LeedsLover

None taken you big fibber......:emoticon-0105-wink:

Remember, commentators are not goalkeepers. Majority of commentators comment on what they see in their opinion, the Berardi penalty accusation is a typical example, untill people see the replays close up.

If you watched the highlights, you'll notice what I was saying last season, and that is, BPF doesn't like coming off his line, this tells me he's either very insecure and uncomfortable coming off his line, or he's been taught wrong; I believe he's very insecure and lacks confidence. Also, let's not forget Leeds have a keeper coach who never played goalkeeper (weird that one).

The highlights show a few mistakes BPF made during game.

First goal I give BPF benefit of doubt although, one of BPF's flaws is diving too late.

Second goal, looking at how he responded to the first kick, it was a feeble attempt, and secondly, he didn't get up quick enough allowing the player to kick it in on his second attempt. A keepers natural instinct will make him get up as quickly as possible once he goes to ground (if he's not got the ball)

Third goal, BPF should've had it covered and saved it at that angle.

Holland scored 3 goals in last 10 to 15 minutes, at least 2 are down to BPF.

FIFA may not allow viewing of the video, but it's on youtube.

15. milkyboy

He was poor in a few games Eire, no one doubts that, just an inexperienced young lad and not deserving of the flak

16. Eireleeds1

I agree. He wasn’t great but not as **** as some would have you believe

ristac likes this.
  17. LeedsLover

He's 22/23 yrs old Milky, how many first class seasons does he need to play before he's classed as experienced?

Leeds sold him for a reason, Burnley have him as third keeper, it ain't hard to work out.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Keepers must have a different mind set than outfield players, because they accept that their job could be just an insurance policy. 3rd choice in any proffesion is crap. Its like you being employed but not needed unless the guy ahead of you is ill and he is there to cover for the top employee who is also ill. Outfield players learn different positions so can slot in elsewhere just like Berardi, Dallas, Ayling, Davies, Roberts. No employer can afford to employ a body they dont need yet in football they have to. Rob Greene wasnt bothered sitting in the wings for a year but as a young keeper being able to accept you are 3rd choice must be hard but suppose the salary eases the pain

19. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

I said at the time to take the money in my view he wont make it.

LeedsLover likes this.
  20. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

He was worse than that <laugh><laugh><laugh>