1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Week in week out

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangerw9, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Rangerw9

Rangerw9 Well-Known Member

why does olly seem to make the same mistakes week in week out and not learn from them and possibly change things .

How many times this season have we had to change formation to get back in a game or score a goal . Away from home we set up for a point at the out set and hope to get something in the last 20 mins . But it never works . We have beaten the bottom side away and that is it , for about 12 months now .

Last three away games if we had a go at the start , who knows we may just have got a point somewhere.

bobmid and Uber_Hoop like this.
  2. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

It's been said many times on here and other forums/Twitter that Holloway is limited. We need to survive this season sort out FFP and move on. Hollow for me is a short-term fix until we are in a place to replace him.
    I would get rid at end of season but I see him staying on. I hope he doesn't as we will not improve with him in charge.

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  3. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Think it's called pragmatism, if we'd started wide open away against Bristol City, Wolves and Sheffield Utd, all sides who are top 7 we'd been more than likely to concede 5 or 6, is that what you really want? Doubt it.

In all honesty how many points did you expect the R's to get from those 3 games? 1? 2 at most? Okay we picked up 0 but at least the goal difference didn't take a hammering and the key to surviving this season is our home form, win those games and look to pick up the odd point away for the remainder of the season and we'll be okay.

The time when you pick up lots of points away from home is when you become a top 6 side in this division and that is likely to be in a few seasons time.....

4. Rangerw9

12 points from last 24 games on the road . 12 out of a possible 72 .
    And I bet we played the same formation !

The infuriating thing is we change formation and look like we may get something !
    Fortune favours the brave

I hope to god he is not in charge next season.

bobmid likes this.
  5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Tjaa! Sheffield were 8th, haven't been doing well recently and were mediocre last night. Most of ours played less well than they usually do including Smithies, Scowen and Freeman until he got his goal out of the blue. Smyth combined well with Pawel when he came on and helped liven us up. Surely we would not have been any worse if he'd played the whole game instead of Washington. I think we'd have done better.

I think also we could have done better giving Eze a start last night. Our midfield 3 are all looking stale for long periods of games recently, and each would probably benefit from a rest especially mid-week like last night. It might also be an idea for Ollie to get Freeman playing wide left where there are often huge spaces between Bidwell and Washington, and play Eze behind the strikers.

QPRski and bobmid like this.
  6. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Agreed the away form is dire, but there's also something called rank stupidity which Holloway could have adopted and we'd end up being like Birmingham with a goal difference of minus 27 or Burton minus 33 or Sunderland minus 24.........

Sometimes you have to accept that the games might be dull, the football rubbish, the support apathetic, the manager clueless in some peoples eyes, but at the end of the season if Holloway has managed to oversee a mid table finish with all the exterior crap going on at the club, then he has done okay.......

Ninj likes this.
  7. Rangerw9

Mate but -30 goals with 13 pts is better than -10 with 12 pts .

Just saying when we go 4 3 3 we look a better bet .
    Even at home we only look decent when we adopt that formation.

8. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

So you'd been happy being on the receiving end of numerous 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 tonkings? Then the confidence is blown to pieces and the likelyhood of getting any points away from home is reduced even further........

I don't doubt that we are a better side once we go 433 but there is a time for such ambition and that IMO is when we've gone beyond the 52 point mark and are mathmatically safe, then Holloway can experiment all he likes.......

9. Rangerw9

I’d rather watch my team have a go than wait for he inevitable .
    Dangerous game to rely on Home points .

Saying that I’d happily finish 21st and see this clown gone .

cor blymie likes this.
  10. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

How many times do you set up the same way knowing you have serious weaknesses (set pieces) and when you get beaten you go and do the same again and again and again ad nauseam? I just pray we don't go to Leeds in May needing a result...

11. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Holloways reign has been a constant experiment. Who's to know if we would be on the end of a tonking? If we come into games after going down a goal or 2 and changing our shape and personel then why not have the balls to do it from the start.

12. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

The trouble is we don't have any wing backs so playing that system every week fails