1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WEDNESDAY 28th May Daily Thread C'mon Lets B Havin u

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by heisenburg, May 28, 2014.

1. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

where are u all ????????????

Cartmel Hamilton Chepstow Kempton and maybe Beverley if shes not to wet (oooohh matron)

Glee wont be out of the places bar Diddy Eric at Hamilton

James to place on Jim Tango at Cartmel

so come on lEEEEEEETTTTTTSSSSSSSS b HAIN YA

2. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

i think if Aldborough runs today at chep 4 05 he wins 5/2

Zafranagar shouldnt be overlooked in the 700 Bev @ 9/1--edit Meeting Abandoned --horse will be out soon....

for a real speculative Makellys Blackpool in the long distance seller at cartmel at 33/1 its a long shot but from the shrewd richard Ford yard it has a better chance than its odds implies.

im off to work the afternoon/eve shift on the beach so wont see any racing today--good luck me hearties !

3. Shearer Cort Given Dyer Speed

Bunce 7/1 4.15 Hamilton

4. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Salad with tuna, feta, olives with a wholemeal roll. Glass of pink grapefruit juice. All very healthy for a bargain-basement €3.25.

5. rudebwoy

what ever is in the fridge on some bread......

6. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Mexican chilli cheese on Hovis...mug of decaf as well.

Nothing for me today again...going to create a slow cooked brisket ragu and watch The Pallisers instead.

The racing this week has been truely shocking...cracking card at Sandown tomorrow evening mind you.

GL anyone punting.

(Carry On Dick starts in 4 minutes on Film4!!..fear not if you miss that time..a+1hr facility exists)

7. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Afternoon, pilgrims. Hope everyone well.

No top table fun for me today. Chicken salad sandwiches, some hula hoops and a banana all washed down with a bucket of water.

There’s a bit of a ‘Pssssssssssssst horse’ running today. In my locality people have been going around all morning, with their hands cupped over their mouths and whispering, ‘Psssssssssssssssssssssst, Debit at Chepstow’. Trained by the excellent Clive Cox Debit is a half-brother to the Group winning filly, Habaayib, who was perched as highly as 107. Plus, one of his older siblings went through the sales ring at a cool 540,000 guineas so he’s got the right genes, methinks. In not the strongest race ever run he would not need to be any better than average to start his career with a win. My enthusiasm is though slightly tempered by the fact that Debit has already been gelded.

Meanwhile, I see that the 9YO Menorah makes his Flat debut tomorrow. Question of the day must therefore be what other National Hunt star would the great brains of the forum like to see transferred to the level. For me, by some way, it would have to be Mr Henderson’s My Tent or Yours. I reckon he’d be a superstar over 10-12 furlongs. The faster pace would enable him to settle much better. Whilst his ability to travel and then his turn of foot could prove decisive in any heat. Plus, he’d also be ridden by a jockey rather than THAT saddle monkey. Come on Mr Henderson, old boy, you know it makes sense.

Good luck all.

8. rudebwoy

been given a wheelbarrow horse -but it keeps getting withdrawn---apparently its 30 lb well in !- shall have to be patient........

9. tward07

tward07 Well-Known Member

Arab Dawn up at Kempton, odds already tumbling - Decent handicap and the horse will be competing in listed races very soon

10. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Standard lunch today at home, peppered sea salmon, salad, and whatnot, but click-on menu here:

http://changshorestaurant.com/

Wish I lived nearer Cambridge, Massachusetts, especially for the Sunday brunch...<laugh>

11. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Got on that as soon as it opened and put it in a nice double with king of the kelts at bevbut no abd

12. You See

Backed decisive rebel early doors and that seems to have had a show in the market

13. DAYO10

DAYO10 Active Member

Grease today - Fillet box meal from KFC with gravy mmmmm !! ;)

14. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Still think he has a bit to find with Economic Crisis despite the 6lb pull - so I'll be opposing at the 10/1 odds <ok>

15. You See

Sendiym ew

16. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Aldborough makes his handicap debut off 70 at Chepstow, I was a bit disappointed with him last time but it has turned out to be another half decent maiden. He looks like he could stay 1m4 and soft ground shouldnt be an issue so it would be disappointing if he wasnt involved in the finish this time. He looks short enough in the betting but I think he could be better than 70.

Kempton hosts the race of the day, 3yo handicap featuring numerous lightly raced and potentially progressive types headed by Arab Dawn and Good Value. The former has won his two starts in handicaps with something to spare and the latter was a very impressive winner of a maiden here before running well in a small field handicap at Bath, that was a muddling race and of the two who head the market I prefer him for this particular race. Im looking elsewhere for a bit of value here though and the two who interest me are Anglophile and Likelihood. Anglophile is a brother to Irish 1000 Guineas 2nd Anna Salai and looked progressive as a 2yo, winning a maiden and a nursery that worked out well off 74, he ran better than the result at Newmarket on his last start where soft ground was probably against him, he looks up to being competitive off 80 but the worry is the trip despite the prospect of this being slowly run. Likelihood is a half sister to US Grade 1 winner Seek Again and the smart Treble Jig, she ran well here in a maiden last year before getting off the mark comfortably at Chepstow. She ran ok in that good Newbury trial, ultimately outclassed and weakening late on, she should be much more at home round here in this company, its a worry that Buick rides the Godolphin horse but im hoping she will put in a much better performance. Tucson Arizona is worth a mention as well, surprised she is such a big price, should appreciate the step up in trip and could outun her odds if the pace isnt hot.

17. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Top shout with Aldborough, Boris...<applause>

18. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

5:15 Chepstow - Xclusive 10/1 small ew

Well done Rude and Boris on Aldborough

19. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Boooooooooooooom!....Cheers Rudy & Boris S.P. 11/4 <ok>

20. You See