1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Wednesday 28th. July 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

admirable horse Alcohol Free and admirably campaigned.

redcgull and karlos5001 like this.
  2. Realb

Realb Active Member

Two each way in Galway for fun
    Make my heart fly 4.35
    Ben dundee 6.15

Tamerlo likes this.
  3. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

That was her best performance and even more so with the burden of a half way decent bet from me on her. I felt she would get her revenge over Snow Lantern on this surface but the grey could not get going soon enough to net the forecast for me. I thought Poetic Flare came under pressure early enough but to his credit he ran on well, as he had done behind Mac Swiney in the Irish Guineas.

Alcohol Free probably pulled a bit hard early but I was confident from a fair way out that she had them covered and she did get on top in the closing stages. I took a while to buy into her staying a mile but she looks the one most likely to challenge Palace Pier now.

Earlier Armor tore Fearby a new one in the Molecombe and in the process turned the form around massively with Chipotle from Royal Ascot. Very different ground today and I don't know why they ran Chipotle here. It was seen as a negative everywhere I had looked that it was soft today and that the colt had flopped on the going before. They couldn't give him away in the betting and he never had a prayer all race. It seems madness running a horse in conditions you know don't suit him and I feel the trainer is running the guts out of him. Maybe they see him as a 2YO prospect only but that is two races now that will not have done the horses's confidence any good. That looked poor placing today.

Pilgrim and Bustino74 like this.
  4. Bustino74

Considering she didn't settle today I think she did well. She could easily be unbeaten this season but ran with the choke out in the 1000G and ran a similar race in the Falmouth when she appeared to get lit up. On softer going today I couldn't see Poetic Flare being as effective. Alcohol Free has run well several times on softer ground.
    After Palace Pier ran at Sandown in April I felt he was there to be shot down. On firm ground I think Poetic Flare would beat him, on soft Alcohol Free could beat him. My guess is they are unlikely to meet.

Tamerlo likes this.
  5. Tamerlo

Tamerlo Well-Known Member

Ben Dundee just could be a well handicapped ringer.<ok>

Bustino74 likes this.
  6. Tamerlo

Tamerlo Well-Known Member

I thought Poetic Flare ran with the choke out and Manning should have gone to the front to offset the slow early pace. Yes, he’s better on faster ground but doesn’t lack resolution. Full credit to the winner, though. She’s a good filly.

Bustino74 and Reebok like this.
  7. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

3rd.

Twice hampered but good e/w, SP 20/1.

Grendel, SwanHills, rudebwoy and 2 others like this.
  8. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

20:25 Sandown - Deep Sigh

(Filly certainly has an excellent chance on form, distance and heavy ground should be no problem. 9/2 price at time of writing is generally available and I think I'll have a slice of that. Can't imagine that SP will be more? Andea Atzeni rides for the David Simcock yard.)

Racing abandoned after 3rd race! :emoticon-0101-sadsm

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Pilgrim likes this.
  9. Bustino74

You can't fault Poetic Flare this season can you? Has won two Guineas and a James Palace, and been 2nd in another Guineas and the Sussex.
    This is how racing should be and defeat in these circumstances does not demean these beasts.

Tamerlo and SwanHills like this.