1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Wednesday 27th. January 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Jan 26, 2021.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Copy my message from Sunday's thread:

"Thurles

14,00 Elimay 14/1 e/w ( 2 places)

WM
    "She’s a course-and-distance winner but is a hard horse to place. She’ll have an entry for the mares’ chase at Cheltenham and this is her first run over fences this season.
    It will be interesting to see how she operates against these horses and we might go back for the Opera Hat Chase at Naas in a month’s time. It’s a nice programme for her. She’d have her chance and while she has it to find on ratings, she might improve on her mark as she gets more experience over fences."

Advised on 10 September for the Mares Chase. Still 14/1 with bet365. 10/1 NRNB PP and Betfair."

14/1 gone, now 12/1, maybe tomorrow... New time 12.45.

Ste D, karlos5001 and OddDog like this.
  3. dylanthomas

dylanthomas Active Member

Thurles 1.20pm Cooldine Bog 8/1

Book it

Pilgrim, karlos5001 and OddDog like this.
  4. Sugarrush

Sugarrush Active Member

4/1 now and its the feature race on 365 so I'm on

5. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

2:25 Jackstar

This is an intriguing runner for a yard in good form, he has been wearing a hood in his recent races and has raced full of zest, before not being able to get to the winners. He was trained by Tom Dascombe before this switch to Mark Loughnane (who is now in very good form) and he had run interesting races in headgear for that yard, the Chester 10th of 11th is very interesting for example.

So after being tried in a hood and trying to settle him, they have gone for the blinkers first time, which should concentrate his mind here! He is down to 6 furlongs and given he has that Chester run where he tried to make all, I think a prominent racing style should be expected today. He is down to a good mark, the yard are in good form and I thought his run last time was very taking.

3:35 Shamson

This horse loves Lingfield, he ran an absolutely brilliant effort in defeat last time and today a repeat of that effort should see him picking up another win. The yard are again back to form and this horse has benefitted from lower handicap marks as a result of a difficult season. He can win again for them today.

Pilgrim and karlos5001 like this.
  6. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Nicky has declared Champagne Platinum for a Pertemps Qualifier at Huntingdon on Friday. Meeting in some doubt but if it does go ahead qualification should be rather easier than normal as only 7 will head to post. Cor blimey if one pulls out between now and 'tapes up' they may as well hack round and all qualify with ridiculous ease!

7. NassauBoard

Our horse is entered at Huntingdon again, but we seriously doubt that it will be on. They are having a precautionary inspection (no idea why they use precautionary as a term) tomorrow morning due to flooding. Alas I think we will end up running ours at Fontwell on Sunday instead.

8. Pilgrim

Yesterday 20/1, this morning 14/1 and now 4/1, money talks. Good luck. I have a small bet on Chosen Hour 14/1 e/w.

NassauBoard likes this.
  9. NassauBoard

Also done a lucky 15 (get me) at Kempton

6:20 Takeonefortheteam - 4 CD wins and showed plenty last time to suggest that he isn't too far away from peak form. 7/1
    6:50 Roller - 1 from 2 over CD - again ran well enough last time to suggest he isn't too far away. I prefer his win strike rate to stable mate who is also interesting. 7/1
    7:50 Turanga Leela - first run at the course and gets the plum draw. She has good winning % given how many races she has run 24% on the AW surfaces. I thought she was massively overpriced in a good EW race 14/1
    8:20 Looking For Carl - CD winner who should be fit from jumping (although he doesn't really jump - more like rattling hurdles) and I thought again he was overpriced at 7/1

EW bet tonight.

MCK1 and Pilgrim like this.
  10. NassauBoard

Remind me never to back a horse switching from a hood to blinkers again!! Awful

11. Pilgrim

2nd. Perfect. If she had won maybe they would send her to Ryanair. Now 6-9/2 for Mares Chase even some bookies co-fav 3/1.

Chosen Hour 4th. Good e/w.

12. NassauBoard

14/1 winner and two places makes a double your money profit for the bet. Not a bad attempt at a multiple I guess.

13. poshfan

poshfan Well-Known Member

Dont think huntingdon will be on friday i live about 6 miles from track flooded i reckon

14. NassauBoard

Yeah it’s been called off.