1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wednesday 24th Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by YouCanCallMeJeff, Oct 24, 2012.

1. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

I'm not sure if I am being really stupid but I have looked fairly hard for a daily thread and it seems nobody has created one as yet...

So here it is. Post your winners (before they run!), losers and general chitter chatter about life in general here. Cyc usually ends with a joke but I will end with this puzzling thought.

2. YouCanCallMeJeff

Divine Angel goes today, probably doesn't have a cats chance in hell but it won for me at 33/1 last time out so I will be backing it for sentimental reasons.

An actual pick in a bit when i've had a loo at the cards

3. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Ahh, the loo... They dont call it the throne for nothing...!!! Where a man can go and contemplate who will win the 3.15 at Worcester, and get a load off his mind...<laugh><laugh>

4. YouCanCallMeJeff

Enough of your toilet humour red! Infact I'm at work, I wouldn't have a sit down on that "throne" if I had radiation suit!

5. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Have gone thru all the cards today and have put £1 e/w on all 100/1 shots will put list up in abit lol

6. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Morning, troops. I had a dose of &#8216;seconditis&#8217; yesterday with both steeds filling the old runners-up berth. Such a malady led me to consult my family physician earlier on this morn and he has prescribed RAASEKHA (4.45 Newmarket) in a bid to rid me of this most unfortunate infirmity.

Apparently, this one is believed to be very well treated off a perch of 94 given her homework and the fact that she has, in the past, been placed at Listed grade. The soft ground shouldn&#8217;t be a problem whilst the step back to a mile is a bonus. 16/1 is viewed as a huge price and Raasekha should certainly be on the old premises this afternoon.

Right toodle-pip I&#8217;m off to Joe Coral&#8217;s with my prescription.

7. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

im going with AP today at Fontwell Park, seems to have a bag full of short prices so will bundle them all up

Award Winner
    No No Bingo
    Old Dreams

stay frosty

8. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Edge of Glory 50/1
    The Last BNridge 100/1
    Marico 100/1
    Last Neo 100/1

9. redcgull

Nowt to get the juices flowing today but im out later so i wont be watching owt either... So ive just looked flicked through the Worcester card for a bit of interest...

1.40 - Houbla De Obeaux, 3/1
    2.10 - Bennys Mist, 9/2
    2.40 - Meagzzams Boy, 10/1
    3.15 - Heezagrey, 7/2... My only bet today...
    3.50 - Faith Jicaro, 8/1
    4.20 - Wilton Milan, 5/2
    4.55 - Lord Grantham, 14/1
    5.30 - Entertain Me, 16/1

Good luck if you find something to have a play on today...<cheers>

10. YouCanCallMeJeff

Worcester:
    1.40 - Houbla De Obeaux 3/1
    2.10 - Double Ross 9/2

Fontwell:
    2.20 - Traditional Bob 4/1
    3.25 - Wherrimon 10/1

11. YouCanCallMeJeff

A mate of mine has told me Jakkalberry is a very big price at 50/1 to win the melbourne cup, no idea what its chances are myself though...

12. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

This one raised a chuckle this morning:

"Quick Bob, get the ****ing tazer!!"

Mounted Police.jpg

13. Ardent1965

Ardent1965 Well-Known Member

Great Frankel souvenier pull out in Racing Post today!

14. redcgull

Oddy...<laugh><laugh>

15. OddDog

Staff Member

The 2.10 at Worcester is a fascinating contest. At the top of the handicap we have some unexposed horses from powerful yards, whilst further down the weights there are a couple of interesting ones lurking from smaller stables. Add to that the fact that there are a number of novices in the field and it all makes for a very interesting race. I really fancied Golden Chieftain at Chepstow last time out and, although he ran a decent race, I am starting to wonder whether he might be one of those perennial disappointers that Colin Tizzard seems to have a knack of finding. Double Ross and Current Event just look a little high in the weights to me, the same comment applies to Jonjo's horse Master Milan, and Simply Wings looks like a dour stayer in need of a real trip on heavy. Tatispout has obvious ability but I doubt he'll like the ground today and we then get to the interesting part of the handicap. Prince Buster, George Nympton and Bennys Mist all look capable of putting up a bold show today. Bennys Mist has obvious claims, having won his last 3 (2 hurdle races and 1 chase) with plenty of cut but I am just mindful that the horse he beat last time, Qualviro, is only rated 110 over fences yet Bennys Mist is given 116 for beating him half a length. That was over 3 miles on heavy and I just wonder whether he might get done for toe today. George Nympton has some OK hurdles form in the book and won a beginners chase towards the end of last year but I think he would prefer to see more "good" than "soft" in the going description so the one I've plumped for is Prince Buster e/w. Tom Symonds gelding is very lightly raced for a 9YO, having had just the 9 starts, and he started life with Alan King, for whom he managed to run a 10-length second to the wonderful Bellvano (see left) on debut. After moving to Symonds he was immediately sent chasing and has placed in 6 of his 9 starts, including 3rd place in his last 4 races. He was one of the poor unfortunates chasing Sanctuaire round Sandown in March and on his last outing he finished 9 lengths 3rd behind Tour Des Champs (ran respectably at Cheltenham before falling 2 out in the novice chase won by Sire Collonges the other day) and Shoegazer (won a listed chase off 135 recently).

Best of luck to anyone having a dabble today <ok>

16. rainbowview

rainbowview Well-Known Member

One I really like today is RED MILE in the 3.25 at Fontwell. Although he finished only 4th of 6 on his debut over fences he shaped better than that result suggests imo and I really do think he is better than 104. Will be surprised if he doesn't go in today.

Also like SEVEN WOODS in the 1.40 at Worcester and TIGRE D'ARON in the 2.20 at Fontwell as I think both showed decent form over hurdles and have the potential to do better now over fences. Singles , Doubles and a treble

3/1 3/1 5/2

<cheers>

17. OddDog

Staff Member

Like Volador in that opener RV <ok>

18. rainbowview

Well that was a ****e start

good call Red <applause>

19. OddDog

Staff Member

Well done on Houbl ............. Hobluo ............ that French horse red <applause>

20. rainbowview