1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Wednesday 20th. June 2017

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Auroras_encore

Auroras_encore Active Member

Frankel hypers in tears, francessca cumani will hit the bar haha

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Doalittle likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure what is funny about that but if it amuses you so be it

3. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

Sorry; gotta question the sanity of anyone who bet Cracksman at such short odds at 10 furlongs after the Epsom run. Virtually ran the exact same race; under pressure nearly all the way. Possibly a summer rest then one of the 'Arc' trials at ParisLongchamp then the big one. Poets Word looks a typical 'Stoute' older horse in the mould of Pilsudski, Kalanisi, Opera House and Singspiel.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Easy to say after the race Kenny. Should have said it before the race. He was a 1/3 shot and couldn't resist the 8/13 last night (not real money of course). Couldn't see him getting beaten but he was never going to win; Frankie looking anxious from the start. Just never got going, writing was on the wall after 2 fur

attivo likes this.
  5. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

That’s cracksman finished. He will head to stud or be gelded. Once they get the fillies in their head they can’t concentrate. Come on lads you know what it’s like. The only thing that will distract you is a footie match or a few beers with your mates, or both.

6. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

Suppose so however as I have now given up punting (crap AP prices on the 2019 Ch'm Gold Cup) my judgement was not based on money lost or money won only as an examiner of patterns of form over many years. Just my opinion, many of which have been proved nonsense in the past and will be proved nonsense in the future.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Ekbalco99 likes this.
  7. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Absolutely no surprise to me that Cracksman was beaten.

When I saw him going to the start all sweated up, I figured either it was a very warm day in Berkshire or he had boiled over. Also, the reality is that he has to have ease in the ground to win. His best career performance was the Champion Stakes over course and distance on soft ground. He ran away from a field that mostly got stuck in the mud that day.

Very disappointing for those looking for a standout champion but they do not become bad horses in one race, so we will see where they go from here.

8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Booooooommmm

9. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Shout

Pilgrim likes this.
  10. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

BOOOOM!!! Well done.

I will settle for 25/1 fifth with Flaming Spear. Best of the low numbers, will surely be winning next time but at no price after that effort first time out! That one thanks to Chelsea.

11. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

hi mates!hows things??

ascot,5 35 jersey stakes

well,carrying a penalty is never ideal in such competitive races,but i do believe,that JAMES GARFIELD might shrug it off,and run a big race.he ran quite a solid race in the guineas,and that form is beginning to work out extremely well!also ran better,than it looks last time out,and could be more at home over this extra furlong.big shout!

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pilgrim and Ekbalco99 like this.
  13. ChelseaCOE2012

ChelseaCOE2012 Well-Known Member

Well done mate excellent!

Pilgrim likes this.
  14. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Good call Pilgrim <applause>

Pilgrim likes this.
  15. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

Pilgrim likes this.
  16. the don

the don Well-Known Member

Great shout.

Cheers for sharing Chelsea - did 10 places with 365 so chuffed to bits!! Nice one

Pilgrim and Ekbalco99 like this.
  17. mandrake

mandrake Active Member

Trainer and rider of settle for bay go to chelmsford for one ride to try make it accross the card double on day.

Chelm 7.40 bella boyd 6-1

18. ChelseaCOE2012

ChelseaCOE2012 Well-Known Member

Np pal, just hope some done the e/w double with Librisa, could end up being very very juicy that 14/1

Pilgrim and Ron like this.
  19. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Was strongly against Cracksman today, unfortunately backed that dirty rag Cliffs of Moher and r/f with Poets Word, being greedy going for the bigger price on a horse ive always been against since the Derby last season. Cracksman should never have run at Epsom, they were planning to run Enable there and he would have come straight to Ascot from France, he had a hard race and a bad experience and its probably cost them winning this race which is much more prestigious than the Coronation Cup. I wouldnt write him off for the King George, especially on soft, but hes never been the same class as Enable, he got beat by average horses in both Derbies last year, hes never really been the wonder horse that some were claiming and his rating of 130 is laughable when you consider Zarkava was rated 127.

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure what to think now about Cracksman. He is a lovely horse and you can forget his 3yo failures. Anything he did then was a bonus. That was clearly not his running today; he was never going. Gosden said before the race that this wouldn't be the Cracksman we know and we won't see that until the Autumn. He also said that he was a bit too interested in the fillies/mares. All negative vibes plus Frankie had to keep reminding him he was at the races and couldn't get him interested right from the off. His brain is telling him he's a stallion which is a bit of a problem. Not sure how much we can rely on him concentrating from now on. It will be a shame if they can't get him focused on racing because I think he is a lovely specimen and, although I am a massive Enable fan, I couldn't back her with any confidence to beat a fully focused Cracksman. I actually think he would beat Enable in the Arc. I hope at least one of them make it there this year.

Pilgrim and floridaspearl like this.