1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Weather permitting...

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Peej, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

They won't let them carry banners into Goodison

Bill's got a life threatening illness so they might get their wish shortly.

3. Stan

Stan Stalker

I don't know the ins and outs of Everton's ownership. Why the Kenwright hate? Has he not invested enough in the club? He's not a very wealthy man is he? Has he taken a lot out of the club? He's always come across as a genuine fan, although I haven't paid that much attention.

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Bill's had control of the club for over a decade - together with 2 other shareholders - Jon Woods and Robert Earle. In that time they've not invested a single penny into EFC. As a result we've still not got a stadium solution and we're constantly trying to play catch with clubs that were once our peers, but are now streets ahead in terms of their revenues and player investment.

Bill is out of his depth as a Chairman of a PL club and for the good of the club he needs to let go and sell it to someone who shares his love of it, but also has the resources to get the best out of it

5. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

He has taken noting out, they have attempted to make the club self sufficient.

Some blues just want glory and a big name signing.

The protest groups were quiet in Bobbys first season ;-)

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

They've under resourced their own business and it's in dire need of a capital injection.

The football will always dictate whether people genuinely take interest in the detail of what's happened off the pitch under Bill's stewardship, but it shouldn't cloud the issue imo. The need for change in the boardroom is definite, and a decent season in the league doesn't alter that fact.

7. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Change or investment.

If the club can't turn an instant return who would come in?

I call for equal investment per share owned by all shareholders. I'm sure the protest group share holders would happily 'invest' to see a change made at the club.

Enjoy today Blues, I'm out shopping for sun cream.

8. Ralph

Ralph Member

Self sufficient by selling off the train ground? By ensuring that we only make 3 million a season from merchandise, the same deal also stops us from profiting from the success that players like Howard have for there national team by not maximising the earning potential. I would go as far to say the board have managed to get away with doing a such a poor job because certain fans are happy with mediocrity.

9. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

I don't deal in problems.....

Just solutions so I await yours<ok>

10. Ralph

Ralph Member

Same old Arouna

11. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

You don't know me, we have never really discussed issues on here so that's Nads!

And I said attempted<ok>

12. Ralph

Ralph Member

What ever you say Fellaini :afro:

Tobes The Grinch likes this.
  13. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

I'm sur eI have never had any interaction with you prior to this.

But you sound like a blue.....

14. Ralph

Ralph Member

Nope your a ballbag, by your own admission <ok>

15. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Then you are also a ballbag....it works both ways mr.........guess who I am <laugh>

I see the banner motivated martinez into working on a plan B and getting the players and a fully fit Kone playing well<ok>

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It also got the issue all over the national media and has highlighted an issue that many didn't know about at Everton.

17. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

And that many will not care about. Parry on TS pointed it out, after many discussions with the people who call for change, he is yet to be told what they would do/hear a viable alternative.

Thats the issue IMO. If the club could be ran at a profit/make a ROI why are people not buying it?

18. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Parry is a club stooge, always has been.

The alternative is someone who's prepared to invest in their own business. Not putting a single penny in (even in the form of a loan note) in their entire period of ownership shows that they're not capable of taking the club forward. Add the failed ground moves and lack of commercial acumen into the mix and I really don't know what they bring to the business.

Sure, Bill's an avid Blue and a half decent bloke, but that's not enough in the era of Billionaire owners.

It's not up to the protesters to come up with an alternative either, it's up to Bill and Co to do the right thing by the club and find a buyer who's capable of taking it forwards. He's consistently said it's up for sale, but the mere fact that it remains unsold tells you all you need to know.

19. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Hey Tobes, it is just my personal opinion. But you can't be critical of something, call for change but not offer a solution. Learner invested in the form of directors loans and took back that money with interest, did he set the interest rates and would you say that if he did it was a fair way of doing so? Would you accept Bill and Co. investing in this way at an interest rate they set?

In the end why shoud the Chairman invest? Or the board for that matter, should it not be an investment made by every singel share holder in the club?

If profit is made or the value of said shares increase all will see a benefit, why should a select few carry the burden of investment?

20. Ralph

Ralph Member

Well said, but some people don't even think there is a problem. I was asked if I had a solution but because I don't, then by some bizarre logic I am not entitled to an opinion. At the current rate of selling off the clubs assets, the only thing we have left is to sell players to survive, and that's not going very well.