1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

We Get Lucky Again

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Angelicnumber16, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Ok we lost, but when do we ever get anything at Ipswich ? If ever there was a nailed on home win this was it.

We didn't score away from home and conceded headed goals. Anyone surprised by any of this ? Thought not

Only Doncaster picked up a point and Forest threw 2 away, however one of these weekends that gap is going to narrow even further, and given that we've got to go to Portsmouth and Forest, I can guarantee we'll get 0 points from these two.

In my honest opinion, it's only a matter of time before we're in the bottom 3 again, and when it happens this time I really don't see us getting out of it.

2. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

I agree - we can't expect the other teams to keep on losing and we are in free-fall.

Del is saying we need to be "hard to beat".

Isn't this code for playing defensive, shutting up shop, parking the bus etc....

What's the point - we've been trying that for weeks and getting stuffed.
    What we need to do is not think about being "hard to beat" but hard to catch,
    i.e get out there and go for it - score some goals - give the other side something to
    worry about.

He just seems to be way too cautious and defensive in his mindset and I worry that the
    players are picking this up and worrying more about how to shut up shop than how we
    might actually score a goal.

As Shiny has said - lets lose 5-2 rather than 3-0, at least we'll have something to cheer
    during the game.

Many seem to be absolving Del of any blame and saying it's all down to the players but I
    don't think you can say that when he carries on week after week with an approach we can
    all see isn't working.....

3. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

well in times like this the only thing we can do is keep the faith and get behind the boys, the rest is up to them

4. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Lets go all out attack & lose 4-6 every week, at least it will be entertaining!!

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

That's the spirit Shiny, how did you get on at soccer AM ?

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I'll keep the faith and get behind the manager,players,uncle Tom Cobbley and all but we're still playing absolute ****e,christ we will be as bad as the "gasheads" soon and be belicose about winning a couple of games down in the cellar,can you imagine that..?<yikes>.

They all need a good solid kick in the rear vent and give this weeks wages to our lads 2/300 of them that went to watch and suffer the crap at Ipswich..

7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Sad but true,we are dreadful,only a natter of time.