1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

We couldn't beat the other bad teams!

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Metashrew, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Metashrew

Metashrew Member

We heard lots of rubbish, a few hints of goodness and are left without a clue of what may happen!

Someone said Jackson's points per game was better than GT's....it was at the time but not by the end of the season! We would have had three more points but still gone down under GT.

There's no point in whinging about loanees if they remain a way of life....only a larger squad could avoid that. Also one can then be selective when injuries occur and you actually need someone on loan.

Youth squads are important but are long term investments. An inspirational manager should be able to motivate players whether they are home-grown youth, old pros or loanees.....
    .....so finally I get to my point....we did not beat any fellow strugglers in the closing weeks of the season; what sort of manager can't raise the players levels or set the tactics when it comes to the crunch??? I am left feeling that, despite a few bright signs, we didn't really appreciate the mire we were in or what was needed to get out of it. Even if Jackson talks a good game (and there's plenty of that in the media) can he deliver? I would like to have seen a few better performances to show that he's a manager or motivator rather than a jumped up trainer just playing at managers.

I will report on my challenge (see 'sticky' after Saturday) I set at the start of the season....it has been tight and I have to say the bulk of us did not expect much this season and that's exactly what's been delivered. I should have guessed it would be close and will have to deliver the prize next season ( I couldn't make Saturday at Otley Road).

2. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Someone fairly high up in the club has been trying to convince me that Jackson is so highly thought of that he would walk into a Premiership job or 2 Championship jobs. He also is denegrating the previous regime by saying that GT signed a player against medical advice (not Grandison)--the reasons he gives for this just don't add up. This person has failed to provide concrete evidence of any of these things, so I am beginning to wonder if there is a propaganda campaign within the club to make excuses for Jackson and, thus pave the way to his appointement on a permanent basis. I notice that the poll on B & A is roughly 6 to 4 against. RW said he would listen to the fans. Bet he doesn't.

3. Metashrew

Metashrew Member

KDS....all sounds very plausible! Well reasoned as always on this board....perhaps we need a not606 group to buy and run the club....oh, no, look what happened to Chester and how bad Wrexham are (there's another man who talks a better game than he plays!!)

So if MJ's that good how much will we have to pay the man who took us down?

4. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

Don't think anyone can really doubt MJ's coaching credentials. It's his managerial qualities that are questioned.

5. Metashrew

Metashrew Member

Exactly!!! :steam:

6. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

I am absolutely amazed the poll is only 6 to 4 against Jackson - I thought it would be more like 6 to 1. I can only think many supporters are saying let him sign his own team and lets see because of a misguided sense of fair play. That is not good enough for me - we have seen nothing to suggest he is up to the job. If we go into next season under his management we will struggle and end up wasting another season. It is vital that the Board do the right thing for once - new experienced management NOW please.

7. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

8. greenhousmeadowman

It always amazes me how players (or ex-players in this case) always seem to come out with support for the caretaker manager irrespective of results. I hope Jackson is not a done deal as some seem to think - someone like Coleman who left Southport today to seek a return to league management (and who did a great job at Accrington on a very small budget) would be a much better bet for me.

9. Matster

Forum Moderator

He didn't set the world alight with Southport though

10. greenhousmeadowman

Possibly not but at least they did not get relegated! It looks like he is going to Tranmere anyway.

11. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

I heard it from another source today, who had connections with the club, that Jackson is a done deal

12. Matster

Forum Moderator

I would have guessed that awhile ago

13. Metashrew

Metashrew Member

What about laziness? Perhaps 'they' cant be bothered to look for anybody else?

14. greenhousmeadowman

If it is Jackson we should all get behind him and hope that he surprises us.

15. Metashrew

Metashrew Member

......or hope for other surprises like a football director (?), some money or even a clear policy. It's just that at the moment I think we feel rudderless.....we drifted into our current demise when it was clear things needed doing; hence the title of my thread. Little was needed and we got even less. With six or eight games to go I really felt we had a chance of staying up.

16. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

jackson will surprise me if we beat gills. jacko done deal imo, weeks ago

17. greenhousmeadowman

Metashrew,
    You are dead right - we had a definite chance of staying up a month or so ago. The fact that we collapsed when push came to shove does not bode well for our prospects next year if we are under the same management.