1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic WAWTWI !

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Sep 30, 2022.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

CHRISTMAS NEAR MISS? YP 2023 ? a small, about the size of 2 x 7.5 tonne trucks asteroid passes earth closer than the moon is! about 214,000 miles! away [Saturday 23rd ]
    Also look out for clouds that are multi coloured

liverpool_strip polars.jpg

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  2. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

3. realred1952

interesting article but it is not so simple as just OK "a state AREA! within Israel"
    one glaring thing this article misses out on is GDP... EVERY COUNTRY or state in the world needs it....so what has the palestinians got that support that! other than an extremely high population with a limited space to live and no industry or because of the population density no place to grow a lot. They depend on rogue states to finance them and are merely pawns in their hands to get back at the west or Israel.

Like it or not Israel has worked hard very hard to get where they are now .....go back almost a 100 years to the start..............

The reality is they spent 100''s of £millions on "planning for the day they had an underground network to hide in! Instead of using that aid for the betterment of the "normal population"

When it ceases the fighting and Israel finally stops destroying the tunnels etc will the 2 or 3 countries that supported the event [ 7th Ocober ] be as free with their aid to rebuild at a cost of some £300billion the damage? I doubt it, it will be left to the rest of the world.
    Balanced article? on paper it seems so but the reality is different kettle of fish.......
    <peacedove>
    <peacedove><peacedove> <cracker>
    <peacedove>

4. AshtonRed

I don’t think it suggests it’s simple, but just not as one sided as some make out, ultimately a 2 state solution is the only answer. Quite how it’s achieved will need better brains than me, but I can’t see an end to the problem until that issue is resolved. Even is Isreal managed to get rid of Hamas, someone else will fill the void and the longer the destruction goes on, the more Palestinians will resent Israel and the harder a solution will become.

5. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

The Muslim world and a growing amount of people in the west hate Israel

6. realred1952

this is the key ?
    In Europe we have San marino... and Andorra .. and you could add Liechenstein .. all smaller in area than possibly Devon self governed and with their own GDP ...

Isle of Wight 384 sq km Gaza 365 sq km population IOW is 140,000 GAZA IS 2,300,000! IOW is by no means "undercrowded" has a good agricultural base ......all husbandries ... Also a small engineering / production base for jobs besides tourism.... What has Gaza got? every building was more than 6 stories and tightly packed very little if any areas for food production or businesses other than markets or shops...

not my opinion, but personally in its present form there is no hope for gaza to be self sustaining................

7. realred1952

I am not a person that supports HATE whether its to or from!...............
    At this time of the year, a time of "Peace and goodwill to all men" its a time of reflection... and to look down at the line in sand! It is very difficult to maintain that stance. and to be honest impossible in some situations to adhere to it. I do have limits and lines that shouldnt be crossed. Sadly there are manifestations of evil springing up in this modern day.
    My heart goes out to all the families that have lost a love one in the 2 "wars" started by EVIL hateful persons in the past 2 years. As the week of kindness, peace and goodwill kicks off I have no positive thoughts toward the evil ones and their henchmen and hope they rot in hell.............. and never rest in peace ... to the rest of the world "Peace and goodwill, whatever your god "

8. realred1952

Happy new year all ......... but will it be!

Listened to PMQ's and NOTHING HAS CHANGED! ..... well some odd bits of past couple decades brought up. Opening comment was regarding the Lib Dem "leader" who was the post office minster when the problems with the SUB POSTIES WERE BEING HUNTED DOWN! Amazing, he made a mistake ...yep he made a mistake! but since then has called for the head of "other members et al's " heads for making an error. His stock comments of " Clear their desk, clear their diaries and clear off! he should apply to himself!!!!

SNP ... 2 Q's and drew attention to the enclosed capsule of Westminster . it only ever does things when no other way out! . Calm start from here [ Scotland] but the SNP governments tax raising and massive debts dont need to brought above the horizon [ no connection in my comment horizon to the sub posties ].

Rishi v Keir have to give it to Rishi ... Keir same old trying to slag off as opposed to having anything sensible to add into the cauldron. check out the beeb's coverage of the clash between 1201 to 1210+

no opinion here just commenting on a couple observations!

9. realred1952

what a week thats been! ....so far
    We have luckily missed the worst! [ Brecon Beacons our saviour a lot of the time! ]North of the Border taken full brunt of the storms and wintery conditions. Watching the traffic cams north of the central belt [ Glasgow/ Edinburgh ] over a foot of snow on the A9! But heavy rain washed away in hours only to be replaced by more snow / blizzards and gale force winds ... whilst here we had enough rain to put over 4 " in a bucket in my garden and winds topping 40mph and gusts of 70+ but very little damage! Last night from nowhere it seemed around 2am we had a period of violently strong winds which lasted abot 2 -3 hours and my empty bucket has around 1.5" in it!
    as I type not a cloud in the sky!
    THE WARS DRAG ON with more and more events that are becoming distastefully worse ITV programme brought into doubt ? Russia using chemical weapons [ banned by Geneva convention! ] 2 COURT CASES RAISING DEEP CONCERNS......... Th e Nottingham one now already up for review

Of course the long running saga of the sub posties forever in the headlines/ news with an addmittance by the Horizon it CO THAT it had bugs and the post office went its own way by prosecuting famous people in "charge" at the time being the leaders now of 2 of the opposition parties!
    TONIGHT a big one for all of us FA cup 4th round and win or lose the money we get will have paid for TGH!

10. Angelicnumber16

Weather has been abysmal recently

The leader of the Rochdale grooming gang was supposed to be deported back to Pakistan, but has successfully appealed saying that he shouldn't be made to go as he's married with kids.
    Shame he didn't stop the appalling abuse of young girls he helped source if he's such a family man!
    Disgusting individual

11. realred1952

can you believe the HAMAS idea for a ceasefire .....45 days!
    ...........exchange women and kids for Palestinians in Israeli jails [ bear in mind Hamas and like minded terrorists have kids from a young age as "soldiers" ]
    ........... then all Israeli soldiers leave GAZA ..........

phase three: Both sides would exchange remains and bodies. ... this bit I dont really get as most bodies [etc ] are within GAZA ..........

Final comment ...... The proposed deal would also see deliveries of food and other aid to Gaza increase. By the end of the 135-day pause in fighting, Hamas said negotiations to end the war would have concluded.............

They live in a truly different world to reality!

12. realred1952

PMQ'S not watched all of it....
    but 1 observation........... Lawyers are tricky people! they are opposite sides of the fence!!! defend or prosecute!
    I used to travel to london maybe 2 or 3 times a month to get legal papers signed and brought back to Bristol whilst sipping expensively fresh made coffee I often got speaking with the QC [ now KC ] for anything from 15 to 30 mins.
    Yesterday it reminded me of 1 such event... whether prosecuting or defending ..... you try and set traps for the other side fall in [ allow you to make a gain! ]
    Having brought Brianna's to the public enquiry KS then broached the subject of transgender as a Q..... it was pretty certain RS would refer to KS " ..not knowing what a woman was " and then if the bait was taken " in any form " use a reference to it" to use Brianna's mum as a source of points gaining! however tenuous the reply might be!
    Seems the response the day after is far from condemning RS ... ......
    Parliament is not the place to "use people for personal gain" OK in the courts I suppose as the "trickery" is usually tempered by the judge or jury!

Does KS not know that there are serious things outside parliament that need addressing ... like a couple wars, an improving economy ......... oh hang on he wont go there as its gone from 11% to 4% inflation ... and other than bank rate stable other rates are coming down a tad! .......
    My wondering is did he do that to mask the £28bn "super plan" he has had destroyed and is /has cancelled it? Because that is more news than then other excepting the wars and ceasefires etc..........

I see Putrid has had the main opposition to him kicked off the voting paper only a few weeks left and no one is actively campaigning to be elected although I suspect 1 unknown will appear on the day!

13. Angelicnumber16

It will be interesting to see/hear the interview with Putin and Tucker Carlson

14. realred1952

yep 11pm I am not twatterer or is it an x iteable!
    Maybe on BBC ?

15. Angelicnumber16

Nor am I
    Presuming it can be found on You Tube ?

16. realred1952

read a transcript at 2359 on sky .. nothing has changed it seems
    still believes UKR is a Nazis country .. spent over 30 mins on giving a history lesson [ as seen through his eyes ] as to why "UKR" started the war 2014 --- 2022
    Basically said UKR will never clear its lands of Russian occupation!!
    The wrongly held captive will at some point be exchanged .. didnt say let go

Basically was all to do with getting over his interpretation of History ... nothing said about the death's and normal life threatening injuries of the near 400k Russian soldiers ............

17. realred1952

WELL labour stop supporting 2 who are "anti semetic?" now jumping on the band wagon with "recession"..

They play on a lot joe public's not really having a clue what how when or why = recession..............

WE COULD arguably be out of it!!!! ... why? because the recession is not a always a now thing! how many of us actually experienced anything in the so called start part way through 2023?
    recession and inflation sort of go hand in hand ... high inflation a cause for a likely recession ... has been more than halved from 11% to 4% ... massive payrises at the start of the year and into meant people were able to spend [ spending reverses recession ] and people [a lot of them /us ] are a tad wiser because of Covid/ and the war in UKR and fuel costs etc, we keep a little back instead of getting into debt and "over doing it" so catch 22! less spending = recession!

it may ALREADY HAVE PASSED OVER... because you dont know it started until a few months after the period of time allotted to the figures being on that side of the line ... and likewise wont know its over till a few months after it ended.

Trump... looks like he has lost his first appeal .. so has to go to court... how can a country even think about a person with all his baggage standing as president .. a criminal in charge of the country! ..finger on the button!

4 Stabbings in 2 weeks in Bristol and the COP believes Bristol is a safe place..............

18. AshtonRed

19. Angelicnumber16

Same as the BBC who referred to Hamas as freedom fighters not terrorists ?
    Sky news, Channel 4 news, the Guardian, the Daily Mail etc etc are all guilty of misrepresenting the truth and being biased

20. AshtonRed

It’s about balance, depends on the context, if they quote someone else considering them as freedom fighters, but then qualify it that’s fine.