1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Watford vs Bournemouth 6 October 2018

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Deleted......., Oct 5, 2018.

1. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Don’t really know what he tries to do second half.<confused>

2. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

wtf. this is a nightmare.

3. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Kabasele claims that he made contact with the ball for their penalty. Bournemouth really do seem to get more than their fair share of penalties.

4. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Glad that is over.

5. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

2nd half was a waste of time .

Oh well - always seems to have one game like that season !

6. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Left early. Met Bran on the way out. Chalk it to experience.
    Jonathan Moss. C**t. That is all.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Deleted....... likes this.
  7. A1 Horn

Yes. Hudd last season so hopefully that’s the one nightmare home match over and done with for this season.

Markthehorn likes this.
  8. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

What annoys me is the first yellow for Kabba, I have only seen it realtime from the family stand but, he challenged the keeper fairly and Mr Moss decides that not only is it a foul but a yellow card to boot! Being an ex-keeper I am flabbergasted, I remember playing against Ken Charlery (remember him?) and I came for a cross and he literally put me in the back of the net, yes I got a free kick, but I remember thinking I got off lightly as he was just stronger than me in the challenge....this is exactly how I saw that Kabba challenge today.
    Crazily Muff wanted to time epwaste at 2-0, 3-0 and 4-0 ...embarrassing to watch and their play acting was worthy of a stint as the Christmas panto!!
    All in all a crap day, but you get them, BUT I turned around to the guy next to me today and said I don't mind a crap performance - they happen, but I hate the fact that that idiot in the middle was so inconsistent and decided to ruin what may have been a cracker of a game!!

Last thing... I know it was at the other end, but I was right down the line of the ball and for the pen Kabba played it and the ball moved in the direction that he played it.

9. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

A bad day at the office, but we move on. It will be interesting to see how Gracia handles this and what we see next week. After defeats like this you don't analyse what went wrong, don't agonize over videos of it - you just go out, get drunk, and forget it.

HHTFC1 likes this.
  10. A1 Horn

Some reports i’ve read saying Kabesele’s challenge on the keeper was worthy of a straight red! I wasn’t sure it was even a booking. See later on MOTD I suppose.

11. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

My commentary saw nothing wrong with it until they looked at a replay, when they said that he might have led with his arm, but didn't see anything malicious in it.

12. Markthehorn

Well no wonder we lost - according to MOTD we were at Bournemouth!

I think Kabasele went for the ball on both occasions but caught their goalie with his arm and then just mis-timed his tackle for the pen.

Really both were yellows ?

Annoying the way Bournemouth scored on the break after a decent effort by Hughes had been blocked .

Foster made a great save too but Brooks was quickest to the ball.

Cathcart should have scored ...

Maybe just wasn't going to be our day !

13. I don't agree wit football violence but everyone their lot started shouting "same old Watford always cheating" I wanted to storm the stand and ask them, and politely of course, to mind their Ps and Qs. Sure we dug our own grave today but the ref was an absolute clown.

14. Markthehorn

I wonder if the ref had Deeney's comment about targeting certain players in mind when booking Kabasele - not sure a player would be booked so early on for a foul on the keeper.

Maybe a warning.

Do fear refs will take a even more dim view of our fouls now - we all know how they can be influenced.

15. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

This did cross my mind, but surely not....
    Referees are impartial, and don't let other things influence their decisions, they play it as they see it - allegedly.
    Surely if they did let those comments influence IN ANY WAY then they are introducing bias, which would then mean that they fail the 1st rule of refereeing...impartiality!!

I would rather think that John Moss is simply incompetent!!! He definitely delivers on this mindset time and again ;-)

Deleted....... likes this.
  16. He should have stuck with his job as drummer for Culture Club.

17. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Looking at their pen, King grabbed hold of Kabasele's shirt first plus he fell forward despite the challenge coming from the side. Wilson also seemed to be offside when the ball was played to him before he crossed to King for their 4th. Why was Mapps not brought on straight after the sending-off? I'm not sure Capoue has ever played in central defence in the whole of his career before yesterday, and it showed.

18. Markthehorn

19. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

Well, that was all round a bit of a shocker!

Felt we were very poor but Bournemouth were hardly any better - just clinical. Foster was unlucky with the first goal as he made a great save - just unfortunate it fell straight to their player

The first yellow card was harsh - felt it was a bit silly for Kabasele to go for it as was never going to get it, but also didn't think it was a yellow.

I'd say it was a penalty but also Kabasele could have been smarter and gone down under the initial tussle - although knowing this ref he wouldn't have given the foul. Also a second yellow was harsh considering it was pretty similar to Man City's penalty yesterday but don't think Van Dijk got a yellow?

Also thought Mariappa should have come straight on after the sending off. He did go to warm up so surprised he wasn't. Personally think that cost us the 3rd and 4th, having Capoue at CB... which killed the game!

Ref was happy to book our players as soon as possible but let Bournemouth get away for similar a few times. And how unfit did Moss look too? A player in that shape would never get a game

As for Bournemouth's antics... well, that's Bournemouth, and we should be wise to all that by now. But none of that will get mentioned... just their 'against the odds' story etc! Although maybe Howe will get even more attention, so when Man Utd get Poch from Spurs, they will go for Howe.

20. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

TONKED.

Think Holebas is suspended next game as well as Kabasele.