1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Watford v Southampton 13th January 2018

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Hornet-Fez, Jan 11, 2018.

1. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

So gamesmanship is not good but Ex cons are ok at our club .Doucoure has done nothing wrong it hit his hand

2. In fairness Brian there are some who would prefer ex cons were not at the club.

3. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

There are some that would ban all Conservatives at the club, even the players.!!

4. brian_66_usa

To be fair i was in to minds ,But at the end of the day i only want us to do what is best for Watford fc and he has gone on to be a great role model. Should we bend the rules to benefit us hell yes (like loan 8 - 10 players from one club) Would I be happy to have a rapist playing for us NO because it would not be good for WFC for many reasons

5. brian_66_usa

There are some that forget the rules about were you post comments

6. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

Professional footballers come in all shapes and sizes, physically and morally. So perhaps we shouldn't judge them as anything other than humans with the usual range of frailties. That said, in a perfect world who wouldn't wish your own club to be full of admirable individuals? It's not of course. What's irritating is the assumption by some that our own players are so much more virtuous and therefore so much more frequently wronged than players of other clubs.

7. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Sorry Brian but I cannot go along with the great role model bit. I have no problem with ex cons - but I do have a problem with captains who get suspended for 4 matches over Christmas (and it was deserved). Also with a captain who grabs another player by the throat and appeared to be enjoying it. The fact is that we have developed a disciplinary problem at the club and it's not all down to bad refereeing - handball goals don't add to that in a positive light. Whether it was deliberate or not, he went on to celebrate as if nothing had happened and that is, for me, just as bad as rolling around on the ground when not really injured. Would you have been proud of Forestieri if he had earned us more penalties than yellow cards through his diving ?

8. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Dunno but guess VAR would improve things. Especially with crucial game changing decsions such as Sat.

brian_66_usa likes this.
  9. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Well you list all those positively incorrect decisions out then old nick.... this one went for us, so happy days eh? You are of course perfectly entitled to publish your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to be corrected when you're wrong. Also, as you singled me out for an ad hominem in your first post for some while and recalling your previous manner you will be responded to in kind. You remember where the ignore button is?

wear_yellow likes this.
  10. brian_66_usa

I tried to point out that there are people with double standards and then there is some that dont live in the real world . I think you are proving my point .In today's game a ball will go out of play and both plays will try and claim for there team they cant both be right and they both know one is cheating i dont see Liv of Man city stopping there players from doing this . I have only seen the Doucoure goal from 2 different angles and i cant see him moving hand to ball from what i could see the ball hit his hand .Now some people on here are saying it hit his hand twice so they must have seen it from a different angle to me .But no one has said that he pushed his hand out to hit it into the net . For you to compare Man c or Liv players for rolling on the ground when not injured (which they have done ) to Doucoure celebrate a goal in the heat of the moment (to think he was trying to convince the Ref ) for you to claim this you must know what he is thinking at the time . Unlike the player on the ground thinking i will try and get the other player sent off. This spares of double standards or not living in the real world

Troy was a great role model up until this season .We should have sold him in the summer

Deleted....... likes this.

11. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

if you look at other boards and crowds we are quite placid when it comes to criticising officials I think!

Some have a go at them each game for every decision.

12. superhorns

I have a perfectly rational brother -in law who turns into an idiot during WFC matches. as far as he is concerned the refs have been biased against Watford for at least the last 50 years that I know of - he's just a prat.

13. Hornet-Fez

That's not entirely accurate, is it?

14. oldnickhornet

oldnickhornet Active Member

Well wot a shock-those clips are all one way !!
    Awful thing that Paranoia

15. Bit offended by the music but you can't have everything. I am waiting for someone to criticise the players in these clips for having a go at the ref.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2018
    andytoprankin likes this.
  16. superhorns

He's still a prat!!

17. Hornet-Fez

:emoticon-0127-lipss .... maybe, I don't know the bloke, but on the evidence available (and the absence of any to the contrary) he has a valid point. Just because he's paranoid that doesn't mean they're not out to get him! Obviously you're confident that he doesn't know your identity here, or you don't care <laugh>

18. Hornet-Fez

Just presenting some video evidence to back up my comments... you have offered none in return, not even a critique of some of those incidents (I've been through this blow by blow on Google+ a couple of years ago, and even conceded a couple of them) but you have to offer something to make a reasoned argument.

Absence of evidence IS evidence of absence. I can show you mathematical proof for that too, if you require?

So now I'm pompous and paranoid, eh? You're out of your depth here. And if you think that comes across as pompous, well - you've probably guessed it by now - I don't give a damn.

Toby likes this.
  19. superhorns

Both

20. Ethelhorn

Ethelhorn Active Member

I used to really enjoy my odd dip into this forum, good banter, mainly footballing topics ( or at least Watford FC related ) but now, wow, anyone from outside would think it was set up for a small band of bitter Hornet fans ? Now I can generally tell from one post exactly what the next will be and who from !! Hopefully for the clubs sake the sanity has moved to an alternative or has just stopped posting out of exasperation.