1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread WATFORD v BRIGHTON

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Well, thankfull for a point really.

Deeney has to start next game.

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

What was he thinking about?

3. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

God only knows - but that deserves a double red in my opinion. He could have crippled the guy - not to mention could have cost us the game...

Have you seen any video footage of the 'penalty' incident? I couldn't understand why the ref hadn't awarded one at first, then he said he hadn't because there had been no contact - the few replays shown during the game seemed to back that up. Now Knockaert is claiming he was kicked in the face and has a cut to prove it.

4. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Knockaert has a habit of bending down as he goes to head a ball in that situation. It happened before the incident that won the indirect free-kick. I watched several replays and there didn't appear to be contact. Marks and Payne seemed totally unsure that anything had happened deserving a free kick. Still as usual he made a hash of it.

I know it was a tense sort game that keeps people quiet, but from the Hornet Player it sounded like a churchyard a lot of the time.

5. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

I was siting on the right hand side of the Rookery so was looking straight up the pitch and in clear view of his tackle. The moment he set of he seemed to have only one thing on his mind and I recall thinking what the hell is he doing as he did not seem intent into trying to hold Knockhart up by closeing him down and much as I hate to say it it seemed he deliberately set out to do that as though he wanted to get sent off or heavens forbid deliberately injure the player.

6. Flittonhorn

7. Flittonhorn

One final point on Knockhart, yes he got alot of stick all afternoon from the Watford fans but after one iincident in the second half when he missed placed a square ball across goal he made very clear hand gestures to the Watford fans on the left handside of the Rookery which would have been noticable to the linesman on that side of the pitch.

8. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

I'm assuming they weren't friendly waves, Flitton?

9. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

There was a comment made by Charlie Nicholas about a handball by Prodl in the box, where he put his hands behind his back, but towards the ball. Also, the indirect free-kick shouldn't have been awarded as that because a high boot is considered dangerous play, so is a direct free-kick - was there something else that took place first which was an indirect free-kick offence?

10. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

It was one of those games where the crowd were waiting for something to happen on the pitch to get going but that only really happened a couple of times.

11. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

All very confusing with the high boot. Just glad to get a point which felt like a win really after Britos went crazy. Was convinced we would let one in so to hold on was a bonus. Ideally, still think we need another 1st choice CB and a solution to this left back issue.

12. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

It's situations like this when a man down that the crowd has to help by becoming the 11th man. If we want a top class club then we have to be top class as well.

13. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

The team can't hear you from that far away!!

14. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

The Prodl hand ball could easily be given on another day. It was ball to hand and seemed to ricochet with spin up to him so I think that it why it wasn't given.

The indirect free kick is because if there is no contact then it is given as indirect apparently. Apart from the ref who knew?
    That said the ball was chest high and needed hooking clear and Knockart ducked into it. Something he had done earlier as well.

15. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I felt sorry for Cathcart who had to go off. Wonder if he has come back too soon, picked up something new, or his old injury has flared up again.

16. colognehornet

How do you know where I was today ?

17. superhorns

I didn't see anyone dressed in Lederhosen at the game today. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

18. colognehornet

They only wear them in Bavaria SH.

19. superhorns

That explains why my wife's German relatives at the game today looked so normal!!

20. superhorns

My niece married a German chap she met in Sydney. Their child is one this weekend which is why the German in-laws are over to celebrate. The kid's legs are already thicker than mine and he takes a mean penalty.