1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Watford v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Oct 13, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Agreed, we folded like a sack of **** after the pen.

2. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

I think Koscielney going off had a pretty big impact as well. All the problems at the end of the game were on Holding's side.

PINKIE likes this.
  3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It did impact on the game. Basically everything that could have gone wrong in that last 20 mins, did go wrong.

4. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Unforgivable.

6. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Awful player, strolls around thinking he is Xabi ****ing Alonso.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

There are flashes of Xhaka where you can see why Wenger invested so much in him. But overall, for such an important position in the team, he is way under par. And alongside Elneny we look very weak in the middle.

We badly missed Ramsey today who has been playing really well.

8. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Ramsay has not been playing REALLY well. He's simply been one of the better ones of a pretty mediocre bunch of footballers who've somehow stumbled into being first teamers at a huge club.

It's quite embarrassing how poor quite a lot of our players our when you consider how long Wenger has taken to build this team and how much he has spent doing it.

If any of these players would have been around our squad in the early 2000s we would have laughed them out of the door, as would the rest of our squad. Now we have to try and defend them and big them up because it's now all were really left with.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Partially agree, but Ramsey has been playing well so you need to recognise that and give credit where it's due.

10. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Being the best of a bad bunch doesn't necessarily mean you're worthy of credit.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Ramsey is a quality player. The ****e around him shouldn't detract from that.

Diego likes this.
  12. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Elneny was FAR worse than Xhaka today. He was beyond useless.

13. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

TBH I don't rate xhaka at all. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time because it takes a while to get used to the premier league and a new team etc. But now I look at him and just think he is not good enough.

Maybe I notice his mistakes more than others, but it does seem like he makes an awful lot of them.

cini65 likes this.
  14. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Xhaka has top class ability so I understand why we signed him. He's been fantastic in some games.

But Elneny was a really weird signing.

When Mourinho or Conte/Pep(insert any top manager here really) makes a signing and they don't perform the the required standard they get sold. (even if the potential for improvement is there)

Wenger just persists and persists with players who are not performing at the required level. Its like he doesn't want to admit he was wrong.

white_gunner likes this.
  15. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Agreed. We have so many wasters in central midfield it's painful.

It takes us so long to fix one problem (sign a decent striker) that by the time we've fixed it three other issues crop up.

We have a woeful central midfield and we still have so few goal threats.

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Does he have that? Really? If he played for Spurs I bet you wouldn't say that. I've watched a lot of his games and he's never been fantastic. At his very best, he's been quite good and that was primarily end of last season when the pressure was off and we had nothing to play for. A lot of the time he's crap and gives the ball away time after time.

17. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

Lacazette lack stamina to last the full 90 min .. it was written in papers that was main reason UTD didn't bid for him according to UTD's Scouts

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  18. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

I think that is kind harsh .. the bar has risen alot quality wise since chelsea started spending big and other teams followed.
    I remember when UTD was winning leagues with the alike of Barthez or sylvester as main 11 players

19. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

I always get nervous when people start picking out individual players. It is really hard at the professional level to work out who is actually playing badly and who is just being hung out to dry by team mates.

I remember those old men football games where the two forwards play right up front and the back 4 play on the edge of the penalty area and the 4 midfielders look like crap because they at left covering the whole of the pitch.

I'm not saying that is exactly what was wrong here, but it is so hard to single out players that are actually lazy, or have just run themselves into the ground because they are being asked to do too much over 90 minutes, or any number of other issues.

20. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Our CM is clearly an issue and having Cazorla back will transform this team dramatically. We should have had a proper Cazorla replacement from summer.