1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Watford sign 8 players from Udinese

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by BigFox, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

Nope.

Watford supporter for over 50 years, very very happy with way team is shaping up.

2. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Moneybags <laugh>

Love how we get this tag still.

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

So happy you haven't ever posted on your own board and prefer to post on a board of a team that have no real rivalry with you?

We just are pissed off at how you have found a loophole in the rules and that the FA are doing f-a like usual about it.

Aside from that none of us here have any real problem with Watford, just how much of a prick you are.

4. Rightsideoverhere

Rightsideoverhere Well-Known Member

Wow 15 pages of my dads bigger than yours from Leicester and Watford fans

Sadly the Millwall fan has no idea who his dad is!<whistle>

5. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>.

6. superhorns

You guys are the little pricks with all the whinging and whining. No rules broken, get on with it. I know the french kid started the crying but surely time to stop now?

7. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

So you join a forum to argue with Leicester City fans rather then discuss your own club

8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Officer Dibble ...

9. superhorns

I'm that sort of nice guy, willing to correct misinformed views where necessary.

10. Piebacca

Piebacca Well-Known Member

Watford aren't breaking any rules, so you guys need to go and have a big group unbunching of your panties.

Also, good to see Leicester fans haven't changed. I look back with amusement to the 2011/12 season and all the talk about how you and West Ham were going to "dominate" the division. How did that work out?

11. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Getting a bit boring now to be honest ... I think there have been some fair points from both perspectives - in summary

Watford haven't broken any current rules but the 'arrangement' does allow Watford to recruit players in a manner that is a 'workaround' in regard to the FFP rules - i.e Watford are incurring no transfer debt yet get the use of players who, let's just say, would be unlikely (not impossible but certainly unlikely) to have joined them, all things considered, if not contracted to clubs also owned by Watford's owners ... I don't blame Watford or their fans. I don't like the loan system itself and would like to see it changed to an 'emergency basis' - but that's just me.

Wheher the FA/FIFA/UEFA should tighten rules on 'relationships' between clubs with common owners is a separate matter ...

12. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Right my last post as im bored to death of this.

I hold not ill feeling towards Watford and other then being in the same divison were not rivals. They beat us, we beat them, thats football.

I dont like what they did last season or what there doing this season but its the system which is allowing them do that which I dont agree with. I consider it cheating FFP and I hope the FA sort it out once and for all.

13. superhorns

Thank christ the whining will stop soon.!!!

14. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

We just seemed to have ditched the silly rivaly with Hull, and now this comes along <doh>

From reading the majority of posts on this thread, what I gather is the Watford lot don't think it's any different to gaining an advantage by being taken over by rich owners. Would that be a fair summarisation!?

I wouldn't say it's whining on our part, and it's definitely not jealousy... And English youth is buggered regardless of what Watford do, so I'm not claiming you are ruining it by doing this either.

Personally I don't agree with what you are doing, though I can see both sides of the argument. I'm sure if the option was available to us, we'd be doing exactly the same. You can do it, so why wouldn't you?

15. bring-back-tamas

Watford fan in peace here

I don't want to start kicking up dust yet again, but just regarding our relationship with English youth football - as you may have heard mentioned, we actually fielded the second highest number of home-grown players last season (8 in total). That's twice as many as Crystal Palace (4, including Zaha), whose manager ironically brought our methods into the wider public audience with his deranged rant on how we were "ruining English football", amongst other things.

The point is, it's easy to lambaste as, especially seeing as the general media are so out of touch and misinformed about our situation, but just a little bit of research will get you a very long way. But anyway, enough said on the matter.

I can honestly say that I wouldn't mind seeing you guys finish in the auto places this coming season (providing you finish behind us, that is ;) )

Best of luck <ok>

16. WalshNo5

WalshNo5 Member

And you are????

17. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Fair points well made - and to be honest I'd prefer to see your team doing well than several others I could name!

18. MoultonFox

MoultonFox Active Member

I take it you mean by home grown is that they came through the ranks at Watford.

It will be interesting if you still state that in a few years that you will have 8 british players coming through the ranks at Watford

19. Raphael

Raphael Active Member

Good post Jack and for my part you have it spot on. Others have said we were being defensive in this thread but I really think it was just our surprise that Leicester almost alone has taken against our model so much. We understand that the loans whilst legal were daft but always knew it was a short term issue as the Pozzos took over so late last year. But now we really are simply in the hands of a rich owner. If he did not own other clubs he would be buying the players he wants - their total value does not even equal one Saha. Cardiff spent far more building their team - and took a lot of players and even officials from one club (us thanks to Malky Mackay).

I'm glad though that he does own other clubs because I think it is the healthy future for European football. I hope our model gets copied by lots of clubs - Reading are reported to be looking at a tie up - it does not HAVE to be joint ownership. If large rich clubs can cooperate with small clubs in another country everyone benefits. Transfer fees and wages do not get inflated thereby assisting FFP by not risking debt that prevents those outside suppliers to football clubs being left out of pocket, the big club uses its excess players not in uncompetitive reserve and friendly games but in a real dynamic lower leagues where they gain experience and impart skills to the "host" club, and of course the small "host" benefits by access to a greater range of players than they would without a rich benefactor. If all goes well with that model in time the "small" club may gain promotion and so rely less on players from the Parent. Players values that increase under this arrangement tend to get sold at a profit - as Udinese have long shown and far from being a debtor club they make a lot of money. Finally youngsters at the host club learn great skills from playing alongside these players and in fact we have found an increase in applications to our Academy as kids want access to this - they become stars of the future.

It is a win win win situation - the only losers are clubs who do not have rich owners to join in this kind of scheme - but as we at Watford have seen over many many years when your club is small and unfashionable you have to struggle through. There is no financial equality in football and for anyone who does not like that - start with Manu U, Man C and Chelsea - not us.

Leicester are not and never will be our rivals - I hope friendly banter between our clubs continues and like Tamas wish you well next year - even 2nd if we can make !st :) Good luck

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

31 posts all on this thread - you are a sad little man/woman (but more likely kid).

Can a mod please close this thread - first the apparent Millwall fan and and now the Dull lot are trolling this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.