1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Watford Short News Items

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Apr 30, 2011.

1. A tad harsh to punish passengers Cologne - have you ever tried telling a driver to slow down? I suspect it would result in a bunch of fives or a very long and unscheduled walk home! Totally agree with your other points though.

2. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

I agree that such an idea would be harsh in its initial phases Dan. However it would increase the idea of collective responsibility - drivers would also know that they would be responsible for the penalties handed out to their passengers, which could make a difference in the longer term. The same applies with drunken drivers - if you know that a driver is over the limit when getting into a car then you share in the responsibility.

Deleted....... likes this.
  3. Hundred percent agree on drink driving and thankfully the perception of that has changed. My dad lost his licence in the 70s and everyone was sympathetic towards him saying he'd been unlucky. Do it now and everyone thinks you're a stupid reckless selfish idiot who got what they deserved.

4. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Yes I maintain that intimidating the driver in front and not leaving a reasonable distance to stop is a more serious offence than speeding on a clear motorway. Speed limits in urban areas are there for a reason and, no, I have no sympathy for Capoue.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  5. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

No..i 100% agree.. It is so intimidating...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  6. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

I would not just isolate the individual drivers here - it is a societal problem. Should car manufacturers be allowed to produce vehicles which are capable of exceeding speed limits ? The other problem is that advertizing is geered towards selling the idea that fast cars have something to do with masculinity and virility, an association which has nothing to do with reality.

7. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

The next time my wife tells me to slow down, should i tell her she is lucky not to get a "bunch of fives" or a walk home ? i think il just slow down

8. Yeah sorry Brian - clearly for some the conversation is fine and I was joking s bit. No offence meant! I just wouldn't feel right saying it to a driver especially as I'm not a driver myself.

9. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lots of comments elsewhere about the demise of Z Cars. Some seem to think it is part of the fabric of the Vic, while others seem less bothered. Any strong feelings here?

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  10. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Bit of a shame but maybe they wanted to celebrate Elton's role in the club a bit more by having one of his songs being used.

Someone suggested it was a dig at Everton who also use Z-Cars!

11. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

I have associated Z-Cars to the golden boys coming out from when i stood on the terraces as a 9 year old in 81-82. to me it is the ONLY music we should come out to. If the change is here to stay, then I for one am quite gutted....and i will need to change my ringtone!!!!!!

12. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

I first heard Z cars at the Vic in 1962..
    I can't believe we have to lose it forever.. For me it is such a part of the match day.... [emoji173]️

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

13. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

On this occasion I'm all for the change.

14. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

Boo Hiss:emoticon-0100-smile

15. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

i wanted something that the whole of the vic could get behind not just 1881 and a EJ song of "im still standing "is what Watford is all about and in time i hope everyone will join in making it loud ..There was about 700 of us at Anfield this year and when 56000 stand up to sing Your never walk agian sorry alone it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up ,and if we lose maybe they would let us walk back to the car .but i think you get my point PLUS i think "im still standing " is better than" being glad all over"

16. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

I often tell Mme to slow down on the motorway, the effect does not often last very long, but I am still alive with all my teeth and today we are going to Penrith for her to attend a driver speed awareness course! It was for doing 35 in a 30 area when we were not paying attention trying to find our way out of Mold in N Wales - <doh>

17. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

It's 4 years today since that outing to Brighton ...

18. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Some people will never know why I had an overly stupid grin on my mug, the day I got married 4 years ago! :)

19. oldnickhornet

oldnickhornet Active Member

I didnt have a mug at the time, but did grimace into a CUP of tea when I got married.
    If she whose always obeyed happens to see this,one of you wrote this using my name.

20. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have a Watford mug that I brought into use the day of the semi-final. It will continue to be used every day now. Maybe I should have brought it with me.:emoticon-0101-sadsm